Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Buried in there is “Addressed certain cases where Highway Assist was unavailable due to errors related to Global Navigation Satellite System corrections.” Our truck is at the SC for what appears to be this exact issue. I wonder if they are aware of this at the SC… I really wish there was a better way to get in touch with them.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It could be super dangerous. I experienced this once In a parking lot and it scared the shit out of me.

The problem is if you push the pedal too hard, the truck accelerates backwards faster than you’re expecting.

But guess what, you don’t (Newton’s first law is a b*tch). So your own inertia presses HARDER on the pedal and is goes even FASTER!
Just expect it to accelerate in reverse at full throttle all the time. At least they reduced the top speed in reverse to be something sane.

Buried in there is “Addressed certain cases where Highway Assist was unavailable due to errors related to Global Navigation Satellite System corrections.” Our truck is at the SC for what appears to be this exact issue. I wonder if they are aware of this at the SC… I really wish there was a better way to get in touch with them.
I'm fairly certain the SC can't push updates early. I know Rivian promised being able to address issues remotely with tailored immediate software updates, but I've never heard of this happening yet.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I love how I have to use the 'reflection' of the brake lights in the UI to know if they are on because you can't tell in the actual truck graphic. Agree that it doesn't add a ton of usefulness at this point.
I feel like that changed in the last (or the one before) update. It might be related to the vehicle in the graphic moving around more but I remember when I picked up my R1T in late September it was easy to see the 3rd brake light come on however now due to the angle it is hard to see it as the spoiler is blocking it.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
It would be nice to see them de-power the reverse a little bit, tho honestly, I've never had an issue with it. It took me 1 entire backup to figure out that I just have to be very light with the pedal. I back in and out of a garage daily, parking spots, etc etc, and never have any issues where I suddenly fly backwards faster than I anticipate.
One thing that helps is to keep a light touch on the brake pedal with your left foot while reversing. Just hard enough to let the computer know you're pushing it, but not hard enough to actually do any braking. That seems to keep the regen off while reversing, which makes the process a lot smoother for me.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Until NHTSA makes them remove it. Happened to Tesla and a few other manufacturers.
Ah fun. My MINI's app shows the status of all the windows, locks, hood, trunk, etc. But you can't do anything except lock/unlock, honk the horn, flash the lights, or turn on the HVAC. Makes sense why they wouldn't want you messing with the windows.

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
I don't think that percentage means what you think it means. Unless of course you daily drive your R1 and have a passenger once every three years. :)
Thanks von Neumann

NCR1T

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3 & Y
Seems like some bluetooth phone improvements. Hopefully the truck will now store contacts onboard. Today my R1T tries to upload 1500 on every drive. Rarely does it ever grab those I talk to frequently so every incoming call is an “unknown” number. Voice calling via Alexa works for some. Typically I need to pick up phone, unlock, and dial from favorites…or trigger Siri.

I assume there is enough onboard storage to handle contact card storage that could be verified to check for changes on each drive. UI phone app is fairly useless at this stage.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Got excited when I saw mention of Key Fob Update.. I was hoping they turned on the proximity function! Alas... not yet.

Other than that... plenty of issues addressed. Have to remember to 'reset range history'.

martinb8

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
How are more people in this thread not commenting about the range increasing based in this supposed update? They just did that in the last update. I know several people claim to not have seen this increase in that update so I’m curious if this one is just fixing an issue in the previous one or if they really are increasing the range yet again. I mean 328 right now for the R1T is pretty good compared to where it started…

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Clubs

How are more people in this thread not commenting about the range increasing based in this supposed update? They just did that in the last update. I know several people claim to not have seen this increase in that update so I’m curious if this one is just fixing an issue in the previous one or if they really are increasing the range yet again. I mean 328 right now for the R1T is pretty good compared to where it started…
My understanding is that the range improvements were incrementally implemented over several past updates. This update just fixes the guessometer calculations so that the new range is reflected on the dash. No?

EDIT: I forgot that this OTA also increases the allowable DoD. That means even more range is unlocked. I wonder if the nominal all purpose (21" wheel) max range will now go beyond 328mi. My full SoC range ESTIMATE is already at 326 mi.

OP
OP

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
My understanding is that the range improvements were incrementally implemented over several past updates. This update just fixes the guessometer calculations so that the new range is reflected on the dash. No?
Also more usable battery capacity, ie less reserve below 0%

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Clubs

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Got excited when I saw mention of Key Fob Update.. I was hoping they turned on the proximity function! Alas... not yet.
Have they ever actually confirmed that was either possible and/or on the roadmap?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Have they ever actually confirmed that was either possible and/or on the roadmap?
I believe they said they were working on it in a Reddit thread.
Sponsored