Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
https://rivian.software/version-2023-02-0/

Version 2023.02.0

Released 01/24/2023 Type: BetaBuild: d434197a

Improved EPA – Estimated Range Numbers

Thanks to various incremental improvements over previous software updates, this update includes updated EPA-estimated range. The update also increases the depth of discharge, which increases the usable battery energy. You see higher available miles at the top of charge and efficiency update in the efficiency graph and trip computer.

NOTE: Reset the range history first for your vehicle to reflect the updated estimated range numbers.

To reset range history, on the center display, go to Vehicle > Energy > Range based on > Reset History.

Key Fob Software Update

The new key fob firmware improves connection reliability and latency for faster locking and unlocking. It also improves battery life performance compared to very early versions of the firmware. If your key fob has an update available, your vehicle will notify you on the center display. You can also go to Settings > Vehicle > Updates.

IMPORTANT: When updating your key fob software, we recommend that you have your phone set up as a key or have a spare key, such as a near-field communication (NFC) card as a backup.

New Door Ajar Notification

When proximity locking and unlocking is enabled, you will now be notified via the Rivian mobile app if the vehicle fails to lock due to a door or closure that is left open, and you’ve left the vicinity of the vehicle.

Additional Improvements

Reduced steering effort to maintain straight ahead driving on crowned roads.
Software containment for front trunk latch sensor issue resulting in reduced sleep and increased overnight range loss.
Addressed a rare case where Direct Current Fast Charger (DCFC) was slowed due to insufficient battery cooling.
Fixed an occasional issue where changes to suspension settings were unavailable due to cold ambient temperatures.
Improved compatibility with BC Hydro and Flo charging networks.
Range estimation fixes
Fixed a frequent issue where range estimation was incorrectly higher in Tow Mode (Thanks for the video, Zach!).
Fixed a rare issue where incorrect top of charge range was seen based on wheel configuration.
New Power Outlet Timer: In the Energy app you can now set a timer in increments of 1 hour up to 8 hours, for when your power outlets will turn off. Auto turn off after 24 hours is still available.
Gear Guard improvements
Reduced the number of extraneous videos by up to 30% by improving the accuracy of the Gear Guard video algorithms and handling stationary objects, such as a mailbox, traffic cone, sign board, fence, and adverse weather, such as rain and snow
Gear Guard video recordings will include footage recorded from all cameras before the triggering event was detected.
Remote cabin preconditioning and heated surfaces improvements
New Vented Seats remote command when used with the Rivian Mobile App 1.10 and later.
Addressed an issue where sending cabin preconditioning and heated surfaces remote commands from the mobile app were not successful in close proximity to the vehicle.
Improved consistency when sending multiple heated surface commands at the same time from the mobile app.
Fixed an occasional issue where the defrost command was not functional.
Window control improvements
Individual recalibration or reset of all windows can now be done from the driver side master switches. See R1 Owner Guide for recalibration or reset procedure.
Improved window close speed.
Improved window object detection and reaction.
Media improvements
Steering wheel buttons now handle seek differently for music and podcasts.
Music will move to next song
Podcasts will skip 15 seconds
Fixed the issue in Spotify where the artist’s name was hidden on albums and playlists.
Fixed an intermittent issue where song progress goes to 00:00 after coming back from another media source.
Fixed an intermittent issue where Spotify did not load the content on initial load.
Fixed an intermittent issue where incorrect radio state displayed when resumed to radio from a phone call.
Phone screen fixes
Fixed an intermittent issue where an incorrect phone number displayed on the flyout panel.
Fixed an intermittent issue where the selected contact card didn’t display the correct phone number (more frequent after FaceTime calls)
Fixed an issue where language switching did not work after infotainment reset.
Addressed certain cases where Highway Assist was unavailable due to errors related to Global Navigation Satellite System corrections.
Addressed an issue where Park Assist chimes were provided for select zones in the rear, while rear accessory mode was enabled.
Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
" Reduced steering effort to maintain straight ahead driving on crowned roads. " Could be popular among the R1S owners!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

" Reduced steering effort to maintain straight ahead driving on crowned roads. " Could be popular among the R1S owners!
Heavy is the hand who drives the crown

Some good updates here. Nice to see that they are giving us a way to do the key fob updates finally.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Addressed a rare case where Direct Current Fast Charger (DCFC) was slowed due to insufficient battery cooling.
I just fast forwarded through a Kyle video on this today.

Sponsored

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
I’m new to this:
Do I trigger the update? Is it automatic?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I’m new to this:
You wait until Rivian makes it available to your vehicle. Usually it's been a week or so after these initial patch beta releases.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I’m new to this:
You’ll get a notification on the infotainment screen and a notification on the mobile app when it’s ready. No way to manually trigger. It rolls out in stages, so don’t be surprised if others get it before you. Could take up to two weeks after you start seeing others get it

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
I’m new to this:
It gets released in batches, you'll get notified on your App or in your R1. Typically only employees see the xxxx.xx.0 release and customers start to see the xxxx.xx.1+ after that.

Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

Is this where your address doesn't match where you actually park? I'd think you could get Mapbox to help address that

https://docs.mapbox.com/help/troubleshooting/reporting-a-problem/
Nope, that’s an entirely different issue. Geofencing issues are regarding various actions being/not being performed at home location: kneel mode, easy entry/exit, gear guard videos disable at home - Rivian told me there are multiple known bugs regarding geofencing that are to be fixed at an upcoming update.

The incorrect map locations really need to be fixed. I had a full panic last week, when my truck was towed to the SC for repairs. The truck’s location was reporting to be somewhere on a sketchy ass road 60 miles from the SC.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Is this where your address doesn't match where you actually park? I'd think you could get Mapbox to help address that

https://docs.mapbox.com/help/troubleshooting/reporting-a-problem/
What sucks for me is, every other update the truck knows I'm home. Every other update, it expects me to drive just slightly further.

Really, they need to move "home" to a GPS location, not just an address. My driveway is pretty long, and while MapBox (or rather, OpenStreetMap) actually knows this—and is one of the few sources I've seen that does—it's still sometimes off by a tiny bit.

It would be much nicer to pull into your driveway and/or garage, and click a button that says "THIS is home", then it could ignore map data for home/away and even navigation details.

Edit: Turns out the did add this, I just missed it in the release notes. Tap on Nav App -> Star -> Pencil -> Home -> Current Location.

Now I'm not 100% sure this will make a difference, since if you wait a second, the coordinates for Current Location change to my address, but I'm hopeful that under the hood it remembers my exact coordinates.

Last edited:

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
New Door Ajar Notification

When proximity locking and unlocking is enabled, you will now be notified via the Rivian mobile app if the vehicle fails to lock due to a door or closure that is left open, and you’ve left the vicinity of the vehicle.
This happened couple of times and the door was unlocked for the whole time. Partly it was our fault but the doors are heavier and require more force to close. My previous car's app (Hyundai) used to send me a notification if I left the door open.

Kunzene

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Clubs

Really, they need to move "home" to a GPS location, not just an address. My driveway is pretty long, and while MapBox (or rather, OpenStreetMap) actually knows this—and is one of the few sources I've seen that does—it's still sometimes off by a tiny bit.
But didn’t the last update allow a fix for this? You can set current location as “home”

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

This happened couple of times and the door was unlocked for the whole time. Partly it was our fault but the doors are heavier and require more force to close. My previous car's app (Hyundai) used to send me a notification if I left the door open.
It would also be nice to receive a notification when “walk away lock” completes successfully, as well. Our Mach-E does this and is rather reassuring.
Sponsored