Sponsored

Rivian needs to update software fix for backup camera freezing while backing out of garage (going from dark to bright lighting)

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Mine seems to freeze when I press the garage door button to close the door as I am clear of it when backing out.
More than likely correlation, not causation.

Delay closing the garage door and see if it still freezes up like it does for pretty much everyone else.
Sponsored

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Front camera isn't a regulatory requirement like the rear camera is. I believe there isn't a mandated brightness for it either. Could be just an oversight that they didn't consider the front camera in this update as well though.
Mine has always been all cameras as I nose into the garage and see it on front and side cameras. I put it on the ticket along with the other work itā€™s going into the SC tomorrow for. I donā€™t expect it fixed but will report back if somehow they pull a rabbit out.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Looks like 2024.11.2 finally fixes this. Kinda went about it the only way I assumed they would. When you shift into reverse or toggle the camera the screens will stay in either day or night mode until you shift into park or otherwise change "gear". Worked for me both entering and leaving my garage this afternoon after I got the update.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Looks like 2024.11.2 finally fixes this. Kinda went about it the only way I assumed they would. When you shift into reverse or toggle the camera the screens will stay in either day or night mode until you shift into park or otherwise change "gear". Worked for me both entering and leaving my garage this afternoon after I got the update.
Yep, I've noticed the same multiple times since getting the update last week. Funny that they claimed to fix it in the previous release per the release notes but actually fixed it in 2024.11.2 and didn't mention it in the release notes.

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Iā€™ll have to double check, but I think it still freezes for me.

Sponsored

Engineer

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S QM Adventure, UnderShield and 20" Darks
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yep, I've noticed the same multiple times since getting the update last week. Funny that they claimed to fix it in the previous release per the release notes but actually fixed it in 2024.11.2 and didn't mention it in the release notes.
"fixed" it for me too. it still freezes, on changing day/night... just not when i need it most.

rcsting

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2023 Model Y Performance.
Clubs

Picked up my new R1T 3 weeks ago and itā€™s a daily occurrence for me. Iā€™m on 2024.07.03. Iā€™ve already submitted a service ticket but itā€™s a 2 month wait for an appointment. Hope itā€™s an easy fix.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian needs to update software fix for backup camera freezing while backing out of garage (going from dark to bright lighting) IMG_3051

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
Picked up my new R1T 3 weeks ago and itā€™s a daily occurrence for me. Iā€™m on 2024.07.03. Iā€™ve already submitted a service ticket but itā€™s a 2 month wait for an appointment. Hope itā€™s an easy fix.
IMG_3051.jpeg
@rcsting, can you update to 2024.11.02? Might fix it....

Anjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

ā€˜I spoke with Rivian service and they asked me to do a full reset and report any changes, I had only been doing the infotainment reset up until today. Iā€™ll post an update with the results.
11.02 has fixed it for me as well. For me it works like others have stated - if the cameras are on the car wonā€™t switch modes so it wonā€™t freeze.
Sponsored