Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
The release notes have the answer to #1.

For #2 - Because it was ready?
Still waiting for the 85 minute estimated install to complete...
The .2 likely will have the same exact release notes as the .0. I think there was only one time that they were different between builds.
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
The .2 likely will have the same exact release notes as the .0. I think there was only one time that they were different between builds.
Right, same as Tesla - which is why I posted the question to see what actual user experience was/is.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Sorry, I don't have either version yet so can't run down and check, otherwise I would.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I'd say tomorrow it starts rolling out. Historically it comes later in the week after the new app release.
He speaks the truth…

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Anyone know what the range estimate should be with 20” ATs? Compared to 293, was there any improvement?

Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
LOL at the UI comments. I couldn't wait to get rid of my Model 3 once V11 rolled out. It was 20 steps backwards for everything.

The Rivian UI is great, except for two things: the maps (MapBox) are garbage, and the car visualization in the driver's screen is 100% worthless and a waste of screen space.
You forgot the most important thing.

The Rivian Autolights actually turn on during the rain during the day.

To actually have the common sense to link the lights to the wipers, and to not take away that feature.

When I bought my Tesla in 2018 the autolights came on with the wipers, but sometime even before V11 they removed it and any mention of it in the user manual (at the time).

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
You forgot the most important thing.

The Rivian Autolights actually turn on during the rain during the day.

To actually have the common sense to link the lights to the wipers, and to not take away that feature.

When I bought my Tesla in 2018 the autolights came on with the wipers, but sometime even before V11 they removed it and any mention of it in the user manual (at the time).
Yes! I forgot about that. I can’t believe Tesla changed that. So dumb, also illegal in some states

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Tesla Model Y, R1T
Fixed the issue in Spotify where the artist’s name was hidden on albums and playlists.
I hope this is what I think it is. Since the last update, when you look at a list of songs it only shows song name, not artist name. Hopefully this fixes that and in Tidal as well as in Spotify.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Just expect it to accelerate in reverse at full throttle all the time.
For the comedy, let’s pause and imagine I actually did plan for the truck to full throttle reverse every time.

LOL. Can you imagine the mental preparation for backing out of the driveway?! Or if I inched over the stoplight line by 2ft and wanted to backup just a smidge to square up?

“when this baby hits 88mph in full throttle reverse, you’re gonna see some serious sh*t…. In the rear view camera!”

Last edited:

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Personally, if I was leading the dev teams at rivian, I would push for a release early in the week. Definitely not a Friday.
To this point, they still do the beta release so that should present any across the board issues before production release.

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

It could be super dangerous. I experienced this once In a parking lot and it scared the shit out of me.

The problem is if you push the pedal too hard, the truck accelerates backwards faster than you’re expecting.

But guess what, you don’t (Newton’s first law is a b*tch). So your own inertia presses HARDER on the pedal and is goes even FASTER!
Don't have my R1S yet, but did have an R1T test drive 5-6 months ago. After my drive, I was convinced the accelerator needed to be re-mapped. Very "herky-jerky", also noticed by others. Seems like this falls under that category? I wonder if Rivian will consider an OTA update with different/customizable accelerator mapping (similar to what they just did with snow mode)?

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
To this point, they still do the beta release so that should present any across the board issues before production release.
I think history has shown that this isn't the case.

They missed the issue with the air compressor and probably other small ones that weren't material enough for the end consumer to notice.

If you work in tech, no amount of beta/uat testing is perfect. Something always gets missed

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
2022.47.02 was identical to .00 with some minor HVAC fixes. It wasn't worth me doing a whole new post about it so I just included it with the .00 release.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
If you work in tech, no amount of beta/uat testing is perfect. Something always gets missed
Yes, this is true. But that doesn't mean they shouldn't be testing. It also doesn't excuse some of the big issues they have missed. I get the impression they either don't have good automated integration/end-to-end test suite. Simple things, like the OTA that flat-out broke ALL Alexa integration, should have been caught by a simple automated test.
Sponsored