First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Needed to charge up to 100 for a road trip today. After update truck estimates 284 on full charge.
I noticed it hit 284 at or before 98 SoC.Hasn’t moved higher even though it has added charge.
I have come to the conclusion with 6.5 years in a Tesla and the recent trip in my R1S that the time to go from 95% to 100% would never be worth the effort.
Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I have come to the conclusion with 6.5 years in a Tesla and the recent trip in my R1S that the time to go from 95% to 100% would never be worth the effort.
Plugged in at house and timed for close to departure - didn’t wait for “true” 100 to leave. Just interesting it hit the quotes top end and stopped showing additional mileage.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Anyone else have an overhead view of an R1S instead of their R1T on the energy screen after the update? The shiny trim above the windshield is the giveaway.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
This is the app notification if something is not closed when you walk away and it tries to prox lock. It does not lock.

Rivian R1T R1S Software Version 2023.02.0 [beta] -- Improved EPA range, key fob firmware, new door ajar notification, steering improvement & more... Screenshot_20230223_172849_One UI Home

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I can say for sure the update has NOT fixed the charge curve on my truck.
Rivian R1T R1S Software Version 2023.02.0 [beta] -- Improved EPA range, key fob firmware, new door ajar notification, steering improvement & more... a20a29f6-7bb6-49c9-a7bf-6fcc68ade2ad-
This charge curve doesn't show the issue that it was supposed to fix, so I question your conclusion. The problem was that between 35% & 40% it the charging rate would drop precipitously due to the battery needing to cool and then after 1-2 minutes recover to a higher charge (around 150kw if I remember correctly) rate. It may still be exibting this behavior, but it is not apparent from your charge record.

Unless you really need to, it isn't worth charging past 70% and in many cases it is faster to unplug around 50% and head to the next charger.

Sponsored

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Any speculation on the usable battery increase? I measured roughly a couple times on a trip recently (comparing energy used with change in battery percentage), I was getting values between 125-127kWh. I got similar values last summer, but now we have cold weather, possibly some degradation after 13k miles, and a change in usable capacity all modifying the usable capacity… not sure if anyone has learned anything more concrete.
Sponsored