Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Yeah. They went down to Lacey from Ferndale, so I had assumed they would continue to Oregon. Apparently they went NE and we're in Cle elum earlier. So not really I-90, but definitely east. That's random enough I'm not even going to try even through they seem to be frustratingly close to me.
Damn! That must mean their coming to see me!! :CWL: :CWL::CWL:
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I'm currently lurking near an EV watering hole in the Portland area, with hopes of seeing a real, live Rivian in the wild.

Anyone else looking or having any luck? ?
I admire your commitment, friend!

And I also appreciate your earlier post about doing regional meetups. The first ones will likely be one actual Rivian with the rest of us gawking open-mouthed, but as we get into 2022, the vehicles start settling in to garages, and COVID disappears, some outdoor meetups sound excellent.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I admire your commitment, friend!

And I also appreciate your earlier post about doing regional meetups. The first ones will likely be one actual Rivian with the rest of us gawking open-mouthed, but as we get into 2022, the vehicles start settling in to garages, and COVID disappears, some outdoor meetups sound excellent.
Sevengroove,

Thank you for your kind words. I'm really looking forward to getting together with other Rivian owners around the PNW and the rest of North America over the next few years and beyond. Honestly, starting a month from now (two weeks after my second vax), I'll have no hesitation visiting fellow vaccinated people. I love science and don't fear my own shadow. If someone in the know says we have to wear masks for the next five years, even if we're alone in a room while on an international Zoom call, I'll do it....as long as they can explain the science behind that need.

Like most folks, I have enough masks and hand sanitizer to last me for years to come. The problem is, the number of years I have left still remains limited. I don't plan on spending my time isolated going forward. Too many backroads to explore and so many concerts and other events that need to be attended. Also, too many fine Scotches and Tequilas in need of secondary distillation. ?/?

Thanks again and have an outstanding weekend!

Oh yeah, treat your Mother and all Mothers well this Sunday! (and everyday)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Turned east from where?? Are you saying they had been in WA??
Lil'O Annie,

I wondered if you may get the chance to see and visit with the troops as they came/come through the Palouse. I hope to hear that comes to fruition. I enjoyed skulking around in search of them today before hearing the news they're headed your way. I had a great visit with Curtis in CS while I was out and about. I told him I felt like a kid on Christmas Day coming down the stairs to see what Santa left under the tree. I was hoping someone in Normal would be able to tell me the whereabouts of the "Roving Rivians", but he said they move about on their own. Nice work, if you can get it.

Fingers crossed for you!

Enjoy!

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Lil'O Annie,

I wondered if you may get the chance to see and visit with the troops as they came/come through the Palouse. I hope to hear that comes to fruition. I enjoyed skulking around in search of them today before hearing the news they're headed your way. I had a great visit with Curtis in CS while I was out and about. I told him I felt like a kid on Christmas Day coming down the stairs to see what Santa left under the tree. I was hoping someone in Normal would be able to tell me the whereabouts of the "Roving Rivians", but he said they move about on their own. Nice work, if you can get it.

Fingers crossed for you!

Enjoy!
Glad you don't feel like you wasted your time. I thought I lost my shot so I didn't bother scoping out any EA stations. They almost surely drove within 7 miles of me, and I *suspect* charged up at the outlet mall I'm Bend. Do they charge up in ritzville or germiston next?

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I'd love for them to drive down through Central and Eastern Oregon to see if they're comfortably able to traverse that beautiful country without range anxiety. Hopefully, part of their reason for their journey is to scout out future Rivian Adventure Network stations while they're testing the vehicles.

I'd sure love to tag along with them for a day or five. I'd even do the driving and play scenic guide along the way. No charge! Well, that doesn't really sound good in this context... ?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'd love for them to drive down through Central and Eastern Oregon to see if they're comfortably able to traverse that beautiful country without range anxiety. Hopefully, part of their reason for their journey is to scout out future Rivian Adventure Network stations while they're testing the vehicles.

I'd sure love to tag along with them for a day or five. I'd even do the driving and play scenic guide along the way. No charge! Well, that doesn't really sound good in this context... ?
I'm curious what they are testing exactly with this pair or R1T and R1S. They don't have the lidar rig, so maybe just getting real world miles and testing out the EA network?

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm curious what they are testing exactly with this pair or R1T and R1S. They don't have the lidar rig, so maybe just getting real world miles and testing out the EA network?
this was my thought… shooting a “we road tripped all across the USA and it was only mildly less convenient having to stop and charge” video?

or a test run of the PR tour to come in the next few weeks?

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I think driving and charging in the real world like owners will be doing is the point. Finding out issues with EA or other charge networks/equipment is best handled before shipping units to customers.
I know someone that was on a day trip to the Oregon Coast in their Bolt and pulled into the Chevy dealer in Newport to charge (at that time the only CCS on the Coast) only to find it occupied by a pre-production Taycan. He had a chance to chat with them and they were doing just that - gathering real world experience.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

For fellow Washingtonians upset over the HB1388 failure, I'm not sure we'll ever see Rivian able to complete sales here... The franchise dealers have a strangehold on the legislatures.

"Washington's new capital gains tax includes a special carve-out for profits from sales of auto dealerships. The break was requested -- and written by -- the lobbyist for the auto dealers association."

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattl...n-into-washingtons-new-capital-gains-tax-law/

Sponsored

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

All the folks wondering how Seattle could possibly be toward the top of the list for first deliveries crack me up. You can tell not many people have spent much time in this part of the country. That’s okay with me! Their loss.
The PNW is a great place for outdoor adventure as we all know. Throw in robust charging infrastructure and cheap power and ya got an EV Adventure winner in my opinion.

They all love our Software, airplanes, Coffee, and are addicted to Amazon Prime. :) Not sure they are aware of where that comes from either. Ha Ha

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Portlander checking in. Preordered Launch Edition R1T just before Cybertruck announcement. :-D (Then made fun of the Cybertruck mercilessly the rest of the day at work, only to have my wife tell me when I got home that she preordered one of those, too.) Then preordered an F-150 Lightning on its launch.

At this point, almost certainty *NOT* getting Cybertruck. Will leave our preorder active until "decision day" comes for it, just in case they modify it to be somewhat sane before release. Rivian is near-certain to arrive first, in spite of being a fairly late preorder. We'll definitely take possession of the R1T. We'll assess when the F-150 Lightning comes out if we want to order it and sell the R1T, cancel F-150 order, or maybe keep both.

Currently have a BMW i3, Tesla Model S (2014, purchased used earlier this year when we gave our last gasoline car to our kid after his car got totaled while parked,) and mid '90s Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke diesel for towing duties. Rivian will replace the F-250. When the F-150 Lightning arrives, we *might* just sell the Tesla and keep both electric pickups. (The BMW is a perfect small around town commuter, so it'll stay.) Also have an Arcimoto FUV for the "tiny fun" vehicle.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Woodinville, WA-R1T LE blue/black 20"wheels
Woodinvile, represent!

R1S LA Silver/Ocean Coast 20s no spare (living on the edge)

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Late to the roll call here. Checking in from Portland. I just preordered about a month ago. R1S, Forest Green, Ocean Coast, off-road pack, 20in tires. If / when they offer a bigger battery on the R1S I will opt for that. Also considering the standard 21in tires, but I am put off by the weird size.

I probably won’t get delivery for a year but I don’t really need a new car so I can be patient.

Last edited:

AmpedUp

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Jeep GC, Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Tech
Portland
R1S Adventure (1/19 preorder)