Sponsored

5/20/23 UPDATE INFO: 2023 May 24-26 PNW Rivian Camp-out/Meetup Adventure in E. Washington

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Rivian R1T R1S 5/20/23 UPDATE INFO: 2023 May 24-26 PNW Rivian Camp-out/Meetup Adventure in E. Washington R1T Escure

UPDATE INFO: 2023 May 24-26 PNW Rivian Camp-out/Meetup Adventure in E. Washington

It’s coming up next week!! Weather forecast looks perfect!! Wildflowers are blooming and there’s lots of green in the area!

Rivian R1T R1S 5/20/23 UPDATE INFO: 2023 May 24-26 PNW Rivian Camp-out/Meetup Adventure in E. Washington 1684610134092

Here are a few more details:

Place: Escure Ranch/Towell Falls Trail BLM Campground, E. Washington, east of Ritzville, WA.
FREE first-come-first-serve campground.

Time: Arrive Wed. 12pm-whenever. You certainly may arrive before noon, or whenever you like!! We'll be there by 12:00 on Wed. to setup camp and stake out a few available campsites. Also, feel free to stay as long as you like, or come for just one day.

Charge before you come out!!: Be sure to charge to 80% or more at the EA or EVGo chargers in Ritzville before you head out from town (31.5mi to campground). 80% should be plenty! We'll have our Ford Lightning with us in case there is a highly unlikely emergency boost-charge needed to get back to Ritzville chargers from Escure. (Lightning has a 30amp/240V outlet, so it can charge at level 2)

WATER:
Recommend a minimum of two gallons of drinking water and another two gallons for washing dishes, etc.. No drinking water available at campground. Rock Creek nearby, but not drinkable.

RESTROOM: There is one restroom at the campground.

PLANNED EVENTS:
First night, learn about the Scablands of E. WA--how they were formed and other facilitating features of Washington. Thursday mid-morning, we'll be leading an off-road drive to Breeden Falls, then Wall Lake for lunch. Bring your lunch and plenty of water/drinks. Also bring cameras, drones, binoculars, scopes and trail bikes, if you'd like.

THINGS TO DO AT ESCURE RANCH: Hike, fish, trail/e-bike trails, wildlife, wildflowers, waterfalls, stargazing, photography, drones, light off-roading on establish roads, explore the history and old buildings of the ranch and learn about the incredible geology/history of the Scablands.

BEWARE!! This is rattlesnake country!! Be especially careful around rock outcroppings.

QUESTIONS?: Feel free to post questions here, or PM me through this forum. PM me for my cell number and/or email contact information. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO COME!

SEE YOU THERE!!!!

Becky (Lil'O Annie)

DIRECTIONS FROM RITZVILLE:

Rivian R1T R1S 5/20/23 UPDATE INFO: 2023 May 24-26 PNW Rivian Camp-out/Meetup Adventure in E. Washington 1684612257689
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I won't be able to make it, but have fun!

ciderarchitect

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2018 Honda CRV
Occupation
Architect/Contractor
My wife is intrigued enough about Escure that we will make the drive Wednesday after work for a brief evening of exploration, dinner, and socializing. Please post or message me if plans change.

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
My wife is intrigued enough about Escure that we will make the drive Wednesday after work for a brief evening of exploration, dinner, and socializing. Please post or message me if plans change.
Great Austin! We'll see you two tomorrow!! Plans are still the same. Since you'll be coming from Liberty Lake, you can probably make the trip on a single charge. You've probably already check out a map, but if not, here one suggestion. You can bypass a trip into Ritzville and save a few miles. There is a DCFC in Sprague, too, if you needed a boost on your way back home.
Rivian R1T R1S 5/20/23 UPDATE INFO: 2023 May 24-26 PNW Rivian Camp-out/Meetup Adventure in E. Washington 1684900142102
Sponsored