Sponsored

PNW customers: have you tried Les Schwab for tire servicing?

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
Wow, how many miles do you have on your Rivian? You already wore out the Scorpions?
I’m at 35,000 miles… wore out at 29k.
It’s been so fun and my truck has been all over the northwest: Glacier, Banff, Jasper, Revelstoke, Whistler, Tofino, Squamish, Rossland, the WA & OR coast from Port Angeles to Newport, Bend, Hood River, over landing and camping near Rainier, St Helens, Mt Hood. Haven’t really headed anywhere south east of Pullman, though… charging infrastructure wasn’t there yet. They did finally add chargers in McCall though.
Sponsored

Polar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C40, LE CY R1S
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I just took mine to Discount Tire in Bellevue and they jacked up the drivers side without using the correct hoist points, tried to use the small holes with the bolts in them and messed up my underside.

This is after I specifically asked them if they knew the correct way to jack a Rivian up.
Whoa. It’s even written on their sheets what to do - those techs screwed up.
Rivian R1T R1S PNW customers: have you tried Les Schwab for tire servicing? IMG_2972

tragicmonkey049

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Adventure; 2019 Toyo Prius
Occupation
Curmudgeon
Down in Seattle, there's only one SC up and running (2 more are nearing completion), technicians must be super-busy. I planned to go to down and have them do my 7500-mile tire rotation and multi-point inspection as a mobile service. They said "pick one or the other, we can't book both for mobile in Seattle right now." So I picked the inspection (cost $100 plus tax = $110.25) and it will be done mobile. They agreed that I should go to a local shop that I trust for my tire rotation. Presumably the inspection will include any notable wear patterns on the tires, which I can pass along to the tire shop.

While Discount Tire on NE Northgate Way provided great tire service to my Audi many years ago, I have now long been a customer of Ace Auto Repair Tire Pros at 15th Ave and Lake City Way, so I'll probably go there. If anything notable happens, positive or negative, I'll post my experience.

I admit to being nervous about someone jacking up my Rivian by jacking up my Rivian...
Sponsored