Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Tigard - preordered 8/20 - currently have an R1T LE green on green with the black 20 ATs and crossbars (already have the tent, can’t justify $5k on the kitchen although my wife said “oh I just figured you’d order it so you had it to show off”)

All that being said, debating going with the R1S to make sure we have room for the grandkids and their car seats.

Need to get a look at the R1T back seat to see how it works accommodate the kids before making the change to me reservation.

Last edited:

Full Speed Guy

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Canyon, GasGas EX 300, Triumph Speed Twin
Occupation
Realtor
Portland - New forum member today (1st post) and new reservation holder as of Monday 10/18/21. Adventure R1T, LA Silver, Ocean Coast, spare and charger. Watched all the YouTube vids and now making my way thru this forum. Current GMC Canyon is a good rig to bide the time but I've no doubt the R1T will blow it out of the water. I've owned several pickups and my first experience with EVs was a three year lease on a BMW i3 REX, early adopter. I haul a dirt bike and some smelly hockey gear so I'm definitely a truck sort of guy. I enjoy having a luxury car for my job, do a lot of back n forth to the beach 85 miles away, and I appreciate a proper sports car - so R1T will be perfect for me. Looking forward to gathering knowledge here, and maybe meeting some lucky locals who put their $ down way before I did and have a LE on the way.

Last edited:

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Does anyone from PNW own a Mach-E? Any suggestions for where to get an extended battery RWD? I absolutely need a car starting 01DEC and want to ensure I get the $7500 tax credit in 2021, seeing as my December 2018 pre-order likely won't get filled in 2021...

Sponsored

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Does anyone from PNW own a Mach-E? Any suggestions for where to get an extended battery RWD? I absolutely need a car starting 01DEC and want to ensure I get the $7500 tax credit in 2021, seeing as my December 2018 pre-order likely won't get filled in 2021...
I looked in to them this summer and my wife eventually went with the ID.4 (which we are happy with). The wait times for it are long your only real hope is to let every dealer know you want one and hope they call you when a customer order comes in who declined delivery. I got a number of calls from dealers in August for such occurrences. That said, I expect you will pay a “dealer market adjustment” going that route.

SwaziCAR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1996 Subaru Legacy Brighton, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Office boy
Clubs

Oh what the fook....

Inner SE Portland
May 2021
R1T Explore, Max Pack
FG/BM
21" (Yes, that's correct)
Camp kitchen (for now)
Will adjust, based on direction of wind.

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Oh what the fook....

Inner SE Portland
May 2021
R1T Explore, Max Pack
FG/BM
21" (Yes, that's correct)
Camp kitchen (for now)
Will adjust, based on direction of wind.
We live extremely close to eachother. Same neighborhood. Sadly neither of us will have the car soon so the other can see it. I reserved after you and am going for the R1S

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I looked in to them this summer and my wife eventually went with the ID.4 (which we are happy with). The wait times for it are long your only real hope is to let every dealer know you want one and hope they call you when a customer order comes in who declined delivery. I got a number of calls from dealers in August for such occurrences. That said, I expect you will pay a “dealer market adjustment” going that route.
You might check out the Hyndai/Kia options. I know that some of the initial Kia Niro EVs had some teething issues (some motor mount stuff apparently), but I've been very happy with mine.

SwaziCAR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Office boy
Clubs

We live extremely close to eachother. Same neighborhood. Sadly neither of us will have the car soon so the other can see it. I reserved after you and am going for the R1S
I suspect I'm in the minority in not worrying too much about when the jalopy may arrive. I bought my first car at the age of 37. I'm 60 now, I still have that car, it's still the only car I've ever owned, and it's got 17,000 miles (more than two years' driving for me) before it's due for a timing belt, so I can chill.

Sponsored

Full Speed Guy

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Canyon, GasGas EX 300, Triumph Speed Twin
Occupation
Realtor
Same. Excited for the R1T but my GMC will do me just fine until then.

Hemlock

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Dodge Durango Citadel, 2016 Honda Civic Touri
Occupation
Lodge host, volunteer firefighter
Alright,

Vancouver / Fraser Valley
September 2021
R1T Adventure, Max Pack
Offroad Upgrade
RC/BM (I really need to see this red first)
20" A/T Dark Wheels
Gear Tunnel Shuttle
Cargo Crossbars

Our place is in the mountains. So, there will be lots of winding, washboarded, pot holed and very scenic drives up and down. We also get A LOT of heavy snow. I think it was over 40' last winter and it looks like we'll be getting our first dumping already this weekend. I'm really excited to see what the R1T can do. ? ?

SwaziCAR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Office boy
Clubs

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I'm in no rush either. Just got a new ID.4 for the family hauling, and my Subaru will get me where I need to go off road for many years to come if I want. For me, delays just increase the chance I will actually take delivery. Delays mean:
- better info on reliability
- more mature / less risky service and maintenance options
- maybe get a new model year with some improvements

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Alright, y'all, @DuckTruck wants to meet up and see your Rivian! Has anyone got delivery yet? Any exciting PNW trips scheduled for the summer after delivery?

My wife and I are going Kitsap to Boise, ID, up into the Nez Perce for camping, then up to Montana and back. ? Hope the EA chargers work!
Sponsored