Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Alexa now actually works for me since latest update though it no longer makes a sound before or after command.

Sadly, my vent issues continue. The middle front vent seems to wander a little less but front driver side vent constantly repositions to point at the window.
The vent system even from an engineering and practical use standpoint is nearly pathetic. The left vent is almost useless...and mine resets towards the window like yours....
Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The vent system even from an engineering and practical use standpoint is nearly pathetic. The left vent is almost useless...and mine resets towards the window like yours....
This is what happens sometimes when you try to re-invent the wheel. Hopefully they get it sorted soon. Then maybe they can make it worth the hassle by adding in some user defined, Alexa enabled preset positions for the vents.

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Argh. Now my truck almost never seems to lower itself on the highway.

TripWir3d

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Military
I noticed that with mine too. I drive 70 miles daily on highway and the truck definitely doesn’t lower itself like it used to.

I was curious what the efficiency gains really are in terms of aerodynamics between low/lowest speeds at about 70 MPH. Maybe they decided the auto leveling wasn’t as necessary in terms of efficiency gains?

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Is Auto Height turned off? I haven't played with mine since I have bben sick, but I read you can disable auto height adjustment now.

Sponsored

RealBillNye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Is Auto Height turned off? I haven't played with mine since I have bben sick, but I read you can disable auto height adjustment now.
Auto is still turned on.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Auto is still turned on.
Did you try turning it off/on again? Maybe Auto Height now shares executable code with the rear AC controls. :rolleyes:

Aardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Did a quick scan of all 5 thread pages, and apologize if I missed this.
Has anyone noticed a change in phantom drain with the software update?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've found that I have to reset multiple times per day if I want to use alexa/spotify. If I don't reset, the spotify UI doesn't show anything (blank) and alexa tells me "I don't know how to do that" for every request.

I have a ticket in with Rivian and they say there is a known bug in their networking stack and it can basically crash and apps can't reach the internet.

I expected some issues with a new company, but it's incredibly frustrating that every OTA update seems to introduce some MAJOR bugs. Either they're not doing proper testing, or they just don't care.
Starting to think you and I bought different model trucks.

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
I just got my truck yesterday and it's updating to 2022.27.2 this morning.

Still no option to change from miles to percentage battery remaining?

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Not on the driver instrument screen, no. But if you open the "Energy" screen in the center display it does show the current percentage.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various

There's really no need to, other than to give Tesla owners a more comfortable transition to a vehicle with a functioning range projection. You just have to convert a % back into miles anyway, so it's a waste in a Rivian (though they are adding it in an upcoming update).

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There's really no need to, other than to give Tesla owners a more comfortable transition to a vehicle with a functioning range projection. You just have to convert a % back into miles anyway, so it's a waste in a Rivian (though they are adding it in an upcoming update).
Yes I'm a Tesla owner but I disagree with the idea it's a waste. It is far more comfortable IMO to just see percentage. With miles it is constant head math...oh I lost 3 miles since I was last in the car...why did a 40 mile journey use 50 miles of range etc.

Percentage removes a bunch of unnecessary thought (a waste) and just leaves you with 'enough' or 'not enough'.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yes I'm a Tesla owner but I disagree with the idea it's a waste. It is far more comfortable IMO to just see percentage. With miles it is constant head math...oh I lost 3 miles since I was last in the car...why did a 40 mile journey use 50 miles of range etc.

Percentage removes a bunch of unnecessary thought (a waste) and just leaves you with 'enough' or 'not enough'.
As a former Bolt owner, I prefer the method where the vehicle estimates the amount of miles left based on recent driving more than any other method. I found it to to be accurate enough. The techie in me wants it to be more configurable though. If people want it displayed in a different way, they should let you change it.

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
As a former Bolt owner, I prefer the method where the vehicle estimates the amount of miles left based on recent driving more than any other method. I found it to to be accurate enough. The techie in me wants it to be more configurable though. If people want it displayed in a different way, they should let you change it.
The option, yes. We could debate all day about which we prefer but that's totally subjective.
Sponsored