Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Seeing as my 1st update, the truck is now basically shut down per my view (screens off, etc). Is this expected?
Are you just sitting in the truck or something? You should have just got out, locked it, planned to wait for the period of time it says the update will take. Which I think is 75 minutes.
Sponsored

BCan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Seeing as my 1st update, the truck is now basically shut down per my view (screens off, etc). Is this expected?
If I’m understanding your question…yes…the screens go blank…you can’t operate locks, doors, etc for a period of time. It has a warning…then it gives you the two minute countdown as your last opportunity to abort. It’s probably not something you want to do during a brief stop at your mother-in-laws.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
Do people with vent issues have multiple drivers? I've noticed if my wife and I switch driving back and forth the vent issue seems to be more prevalent. If one of us is primary driver consistently, the vent positioning seems to be better....but this is before the update. Will still be nice to not have to fiddle with the vents all the time
I had the issue before adding a second driver. In fact I called support because the left most vent just blew on the window even when moving it around. It wasn't until I tried turning the vent off and on did it sometimes fix itself.

Last edited:

srazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y and R1T
Can’t wait to get this update and see how the vent calibrations and improvements are. I’m going to wear out my touchscreen with adjusting the vents every time I get in my truck.

Also what needs attention is for the AC to respect the settings for the backseat. If it’s off then stay off. Thats another thing I do every time is change to rear AC control, then turn it on and back off to get it to turn off.
After a day with this new update I have to say the vent behavior is much better. It seemed like the vents stayed in the same spot all day. The rear AC still turns on every time even though it’s off so that annoying bug still exists.

Bonobojones

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure, 1989 Isuzu Trooper
Occupation
Winemaker
Has anyone else noticed a tremendous increase in trickle charge rate since the last update? Originally, plugging in on 110V would give me about 10 miles of charge during my 9 hour work shift with about 50-60% of the charge being lost to "Low Voltage Accesories" It was basically worthless and stopped wasting time plugging in. But now I'm getting about 30 miles of range with only about 3-5% of power being lost to "Low Voltage Accesories" No mention of this in the update notes, but definite change. More than covers my commute now, which is great as I wait for an electrician to miraculously show up and install a 240V plug here.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Has anyone else noticed a tremendous increase in trickle charge rate since the last update? Originally, plugging in on 110V would give me about 10 miles of charge during my 9 hour work shift with about 50-60% of the charge being lost to "Low Voltage Accesories" It was basically worthless and stopped wasting time plugging in. But now I'm getting about 30 miles of range with only about 3-5% of power being lost to "Low Voltage Accesories" No mention of this in the update notes, but definite change. More than covers my commute now, which is great as I wait for an electrician to miraculously show up and install a 240V plug here.
Yes, increased my level 2 at 32 amp about 1 mph charged. Fewer noises from the vehicle while charging so they definitely dialed back some unnecessary accessories being used during charging.

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

I gotta say, having the truck stay at the same height and not constantly move up and down is a much more pleasant experience for me. I know it's a matter of taste to some extent but I really appreciate this update.

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Am I the only one waiting for this update still? Did they stop deploying? :)

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Got back from vacation and mine had an update waiting for me. Unfortunately, I brought back the Rona with me so it will be a while before I test everything out. Although I will soon test the Spotify fix with fingers crossed.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
Got back from vacation and mine had an update waiting for me. Unfortunately, I brought back the Rona with me so it will be a while before I test everything out. Although I will soon test the Spotify fix with fingers crossed.
If I'm not mistaken, having the rona is a perfect excuse to go for a lot of solo drives....Unless said rona has you bedridden.

Sponsored

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well my Spotify seems to be working after this update -- but only after doing a soft reset.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Well my Spotify seems to be working after this update -- but only after doing a soft reset.
I've found that I have to reset multiple times per day if I want to use alexa/spotify. If I don't reset, the spotify UI doesn't show anything (blank) and alexa tells me "I don't know how to do that" for every request.

I have a ticket in with Rivian and they say there is a known bug in their networking stack and it can basically crash and apps can't reach the internet.

I expected some issues with a new company, but it's incredibly frustrating that every OTA update seems to introduce some MAJOR bugs. Either they're not doing proper testing, or they just don't care.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've found that I have to reset multiple times per day if I want to use alexa/spotify. If I don't reset, the spotify UI doesn't show anything (blank) and alexa tells me "I don't know how to do that" for every request.

I have a ticket in with Rivian and they say there is a known bug in their networking stack and it can basically crash and apps can't reach the internet.

I expected some issues with a new company, but it's incredibly frustrating that every OTA update seems to introduce some MAJOR bugs. Either they're not doing proper testing, or they just don't care.
I've had that Alexa issue since I got the truck. I tend not to use it.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I've had that Alexa issue since I got the truck. I tend not to use it.
Alexa now actually works for me since latest update though it no longer makes a sound before or after command.

Sadly, my vent issues continue. The middle front vent seems to wander a little less but front driver side vent constantly repositions to point at the window.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Mine worked great until the previous update. I hope this current updates continues to work well. They certainly need to do better regressive testing during their software verification.
Sponsored