Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Aquinas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I’m sure this is covered extensively in the 89 pages of this thread but…..

Allow me to manually configure my charging stops and routes in navigation.

Go ahead and suggest a route with charging stops. If I want, I can add remove the charging stops I want. I can also choose from available routes.

And, when I do that, the navigation will not reroute me automatically.

I just took a road trip Seattle to South Lake Tahoe. While yes I would prefer third party (Waze) integration, I found the Rivian nav is pretty good at estimating remaining range at various stops.

But, for crying out loud, let me set my own stopping points. I don’t want to charge in the first fifteen minutes just because the car thinks it’s the most efficient to do so.

I’m fully capable of planning my own stops to align with good times for pee breaks.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I’m sure this is covered extensively in the 89 pages of this thread but…..

Allow me to manually configure my charging stops and routes in navigation.

Go ahead and suggest a route with charging stops. If I want, I can add remove the charging stops I want. I can also choose from available routes.

And, when I do that, the navigation will not reroute me automatically.

I just took a road trip Seattle to South Lake Tahoe. While yes I would prefer third party (Waze) integration, I found the Rivian nav is pretty good at estimating remaining range at various stops.

But, for crying out loud, let me set my own stopping points. I don’t want to charge in the first fifteen minutes just because the car thinks it’s the most efficient to do so.

I’m fully capable of planning my own stops to align with good times for pee breaks.
I haven't even attempted to let Rivian plan anything that requires a charging stop. Just navigate between desired stops from the get-go. Of course now that RAN is a thing, I'm somewhat spoiled around stop planning for all the trips we've taken in the last year.

Aquinas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I haven't even attempted to let Rivian plan anything that requires a charging stop. Just navigate between desired stops from the get-go. Of course now that RAN is a thing, I'm somewhat spoiled around stop planning for all the trips we've taken in the last year.
Yeah, I hear you. You don't use the nav because it's useless on long road trips. But, if they allowed you to specify your stops, wouldn't you use it?

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I’d still love a low-throttle-gain, high precision “positioning” mode, especially in reverse to help back up to a trailer.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

How do you “navigate between desired sips from the get go” without Rivian nav adding charging stops

Yeah, I hear you. You don't use the nav because it's useless on long road trips. But, if they allowed you to specify your stops, wouldn't you use it?
Set the desired arrival charge to zero so it doesn't recalculate on you unless you actually aren't going to make it. In my experience it's easier to send the charging stops in through the phone app. When you're charging, send the next one or your destination.

Sponsored

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

Departure time charging vs schedule

Active automatic suspension dampening. Extension of the current hydraulic roll stabilization to adjust stiffness based on road condition.

Aquinas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Please add cross street names to the navigation view on the driver display as they are on the center navigation display. Showing landmarks or stores in that view is not helpful. I know I need to turn on XYX street. I want to know if that street is coming up without having to look at the center console.

Don't use red font like below. Just using red to show where I mean.

Rivian R1T R1S What do you want addressed in the next OTA update? StreetNamesInDriverNav

AlaVolt

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, LR4, Wrangler
Occupation
Architect
Add an access button (kneel button) on the access control panel when put into park and on the steering wheel when entering. I don't normally want it to kneel, but when I do, going through 3 menus is not a valid option.

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

I’m debating we need a better low speed warning sound for pedestrians after finally hearing the sound from a Tesla. The current white noise-ish sound isn’t quite bringing me joy.

Aquinas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I would like to have better stop-and-go traffic adaptive cruise control.

For me, regardless of which ACC distance I select, the R1S doesn't react fast enough or seem to keep an eye far enough out for the next vehicle. I find the car speeding up too much and getting to close to the stopped vehicle ahead of me and then firmly braking. It's not a comfortable stop and go experience for me or the passengers.

I don't know if that's a hardware or software issue and I'm not sure how I could code that update to make it better. I think it's about recognizing vehicles farther away and reacting to speed / distance changes faster, and generally smoothing out acceleration / deceleration. I've had a smoother experience in other vehicles and hope Rivian can improve theirs.
Sponsored