Sponsored

Has anyone on this forum received a confirmed delivery date?

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I'd love to skip threads that devolve into defining what a delivery is, what a customer is, who is a real person, and how big of a liar/conman the Rivian organization is.

...but almost every thread on the forum eventually devolves in to it.

At some point... we all get the message... you can stop screaming at the ocean.
I’m old and grumpy. I scream at almost anything that moves. Sometimes I also shake my fist at it.
Sponsored

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I’m old and grumpy. I scream at almost anything that moves. Sometimes I also shake my fist at it.
I have a dog, so that I can blame... noises... on it while I move around the house.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I agree with almost everything you wrote. But not the above. We’ve been reminded many times that Rivian does indeed monitor these forums (they’d be crazy not to).
I don’t know who has been told that Rivian monitors these forums, who told them, how frequently they monitor the discussions, or what that monitoring entails. I think if they don’t have time and/or staffing to communicate well then they probably don’t have a lot of resources devoted to monitoring this forum. If Rivian does, great! It just seems highly unlikely to me.

I think it’s ridiculous when forum members who express an opinion that someone doesn’t like is to told to cancel their order and go away. This is a forum for passionate people to discuss Rivian, both the good and the bad.
I see both sides. On the one hand, we are here to discuss Rivian: both good and bad. The forum is of little use to me if it is nothing more than Rivian marketing and boosterism.

On the other hand, sometimes people get fixated on a topic and repeating their viewpoint so frequently and so stridently that it can become annoying to some people. people could say that about me and, oh I don’t know, lack of space for full-size spare on R1S, lack of Android Auto and CarPlay, lack of SiriusXM, and I’m sure I’m missing some, too. The one thing that all of these have in common, though, is that we know them to be verified real issues based on Rivian published information or observation of production vehicles. As annoying as I may be with those topics, I get the impression that some folks are far more annoyed by people being very negative about things which have not been verified to be true. I think that is an important distinction.
If someone doesn’t like the topic, skip it. If you don’t like a member, add them to your ignore list. It’s not hard.

Telling people they shouldn’t have a voice just because you don’t agree with them is rude and childish.
I agree with skipping topics or blocking posters.

Regarding being rude or childish, I’ve discovered that some people have what I think of as mirror behaviors. As a relevant example, if you annoy them, instead of distancing themselves they'll do their best to annoy you right back. These kinds of people do a great job of letting me know how my behavior is perceived by others.

These thoughts are just my attempt at being reasonably neutral and explaining my understanding of why some of these behaviors occur.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
You might not want to hear this, but I guarantee you that they've released enough information for folks completely unassociated with the company and with no special incentives to buy trucks.....

*You* may need more, but that doesn't mean everyone does....

Also, as I've mentioned in this thread, there's absolutely no way I would let people here know if I did have my truck and were driving around in it at will.

And I'm fairly confident I'm not the only one with that view, as well.
I don't mind at all hearing your side. Your opinion is duly noted. We have different opinions, other than I realize there will always be some that will buy a Rivian, no matter the circumstances. I feel sure some would have bought at Rivian's debut. I just happen to think that all the questions will be answered, when the General Public starts receiving deliveries. I see no reason for Rivian to not answer their questions, once deliveries begin. That is why I don't think they have begun yet. My opinion only and not worth much.

I will let the forum members know, if/when I receive my Rivian.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I plan on doing donuts in the Rivian Service Center parking lot until the cops arrive.

If people are gonna find out I got my truck, it may as well be on the nightly news.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I don't mind at all hearing your side. Your opinion is duly noted. We have different opinions, other than I realize there will always be some that will buy a Rivian, no matter the circumstances. I feel sure some would have bought at Rivian's debut. I just happen to think that all the questions will be answered, when the General Public starts receiving deliveries. I see no reason for Rivian to not answer their questions, once deliveries begin. That is why I don't think they have begun yet. My opinion only and not worth much.

You said it best. They can't answer half the questions we ask. How much is the membership? soon. off road package range loss- soon. what's in the membership- soon.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I'm actually low-key okay if they decide to do this. I'm certain there will be no shortage of takers for those vans, from vanlifers to logistics companies to van rental companies - not to mention a renewed focus on getting R1's out the door first.
Yes, we are all probably ok with it. But Rivian gets one customer with 100,000 orders. Customer concentration gives them leverage.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large

That's all good and well. Indeed, it's obvious many of us have many different opinions.

But to be fair, your original post made a statement of fact:

There are way too many unknowns about their vehicles for the average non-employee customer, here on this forum, to warrant purchasing.
Since I believed your statement of fact to be inaccurate since I was a counterexample, I was simply providing the counterexample.

Look forward to it.

Since the first trucks delivered to paying customers last month, there's been multiple people on this forum in multiple threads stating - as fact - that clearly normal non-employees haven't gotten their trucks yet, because clearly if they had they'd be posting on these forums.

Yet again, I believe that statement of fact to be wrong, since I am a counterexample.

(I know you didn't make this particular claim, but since your promise to show your truck was added to the discussion, I felt it relevant to point out the recurring factual fallacy)

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

Also, as I've mentioned in this thread, there's absolutely no way I would let people here know if I did have my truck and were driving around in it at will.

And I'm fairly confident I'm not the only one with that view, as well.
Hell, if I got mine, I'd be posting on here in every thread with a link to Turo where I'd be renting it out to all of y'all that want a test ride.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
We will soon find out if the customers who were given an October delivery window have gotten bumped. I know of one person who reported that they were told by their guide as recently as Monday that their October delivery window is still accurate...
Like I said before, I’m probably more optimistic than most because I have a Guide now. And so far, I’ve repeatedly been told November for my delivery window.
Pretty sure there is a forum member or two who was supposed to have an October delivery and I don't think we've heard of them getting delivery. At this point, it seems a little late in the month to hope that Rivian is going to meet those delivery estimates. We also haven't heard of guides saying "nah, we won't hit your October date."

Might they get a truck on 11/5? Sure. I'm fairly optimistic seeing actual truckloads heading away from Normal this week, but I think the guide provided delivery date estimate #1 is a bust.

Sponsored

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Perhaps, but I was never told October. So I’m holding onto my Nov delivery estimate. Only time will show who’s right and who’s wrong

irish26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Real deliveries won’t begin until after the IPO and everyone has cashed in. Rivian has nothing to gain by putting cars into real customer hands before the IPO. They’ve already established credibility and an approximately $80B valuation.

I don’t consider these employee deliveries to be real simply because any issues with the truck will likely be kept completely hush hush. Employees aren’t going to go out and publicly announce any defects in their truck in the same manner that a normal, frustrated consumer might. This is a glorified Beta.

I do not have an issue with this approach. I’m sure companies all over the world do it everyday with product launches. I’m simply predicting there will not be any non-employee deliveries before the IPO.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Perhaps, but I was never told October. So I’m holding onto my Nov delivery estimate. Only time will show who’s right and who’s wrong
Right. Just suggesting to manage your expectations. I know I wouldn't be able to. lol.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Real deliveries won’t begin until after the IPO and everyone has cashed in. Rivian has nothing to gain by putting cars into real customer hands before the IPO. They’ve already established credibility and an approximately $80B valuation.

I don’t consider these employee deliveries to be real simply because any issues with the truck will likely be kept completely hush hush. Employees aren’t going to go out and publicly announce any defects in their truck in the same manner that a normal, frustrated consumer might. This is a glorified Beta.

I do not have an issue with this approach. I’m sure companies all over the world do it everyday with product launches. I’m simply predicting there will not be any non-employee deliveries before the IPO.
there's a benefit of showing delivering more than two vehicles a day. If they don't show a measurable ramp by their next update, I suspect that won't reflect as well on the IPO.

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I'd love to skip threads that devolve into defining what a delivery is, what a customer is, who is a real person, and how big of a liar/conman the Rivian organization is.

...but almost every thread on the forum eventually devolves in to it.

At some point... we all get the message... you can stop screaming at the ocean.
*Agrees heartily as he continues to read each post in this thread.....*
Sponsored