First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Besides waiting a couple days... I don't see a downside. For a lot of us, we waited years, so a few days ain't no big thang...
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This is my guess. Might mean the Refresh announcement is going out and that the car he was going to get delivered is going to be discounted.
Rivian getting tired of me spoiling their fun.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian getting tired of me spoiling their fun.
I have a feeling their will be a lot of disappointed people when they announce the refresh.... the build up on this forum is too over the top.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I have a feeling their will be a lot of disappointed people when they announce the refresh.... the build up on this forum is too over the top.
The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Sponsored

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Wow, just say yes or no. No need to invent some conspiracy theory and compare them to drug addicts and criminals. If you don't like the offer on Saturday then don't take it and stick with your original vehicle.

The front-end people have to live with the corporate rules you know - if Rivian intends to announce something on Saturday then it's not going to be disclosed before Saturday. Your rep is doing you a huge favor by telling you if you're willing to delay your delivery a few days you might be pleased.

And yeah, if they didn't give you this warning and you got your vehicle tomorrow only to find out that a better deal was announced two days later, you'd probably be bitching about that. You can't have it both ways.

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

I on the other hand have been actively waiting for it lol. I am in no rush and would prefer an R1S with a Heat Pump since i live in a cold climate

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

yeah, a bit over the top. whats the big deal to wait a few days? they are trying to do you a favor by not getting the current version and getting a better one. imagine how sour it might be to get it now only to see the better version in 2-3 days.

plus, they have no incentive to tell you since obviously it would be posted on forums and SM - which it kinda already has. based on what's been rumored/leaked, i would wait.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...test-data-released-heat-pump-confirmed.28054/
https://riviantrackr.com/news/6233/

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
The real problem is you sign up for $100,000 SUV give them a down payment and they treat you like youā€™re some terrorist and you canā€™t get any insider information.
Overreaction much?

Rivdog

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Wow, just say yes or no. No need to invent some conspiracy theory and compare them to drug addicts and criminals. If you don't like the offer on Saturday then don't take it and stick with your original vehicle.

The front-end people have to live with the corporate rules you know - if Rivian intends to announce something on Saturday then it's not going to be disclosed before Saturday. Your rep is doing you a huge favor by telling you if you're willing to delay your delivery a few days you might be pleased.

And yeah, if they didn't give you this warning and you got your vehicle tomorrow only to find out that a better deal was announced two days later, you'd probably be bitching about that. You can't have it both ways.
I wish I could like this post 1000 times. Perfectly said.

Sponsored

OP
OP

513r1s

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 r1s quad motor
Occupation
Stay at home father

My fault on being realistic about giving a company 100k and never setting foot in their vehicle and besides their special offer to wait there was been all kinds of hiccups. Wow. I donā€™t care to wait. Sir. They took my money. I should know whatā€™s up.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

My fault on being realistic about giving a company 100k and never setting foot in their vehicle and besides their special offer to wait there was been all kinds of hiccups. Wow. I donā€™t care to wait. Sir. They took my money. I should know whatā€™s up.
Then take your original order. Just don't complain next week if you missed out on something. They tried to give you a heads up without getting themselves in trouble. They didn't have to do that at all.

OP
OP

513r1s

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 r1s quad motor
Occupation
Stay at home father
This site is a full of trolls and clowns. I donā€™t give a fuck what you say or how you say it. I donā€™t need the vehicle. You donā€™t know my scenario. I literally said to find out what the deal could possibly be and I feel out of the loop considering Iā€™ve already bought it.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Sponsored