First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Hardware Engineer
Can you get 20% off a base trim with the voucher?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I just noticed Rivian has updated this page: https://rivian.com/support/article/what-is-a-preorder-price-voucher

Although I don't love this, at least it's crystal clear now:
The earliest R1 refresh configurations show a Sept-Nov earliest delivery date, so you could roll the dice and wait it out until late August and if nothing shows up take the 2024, or take the financial hit on a non voucher order. My understanding of it is you have to have taken delivery by September 30th rather than confirm an order, or you lose the voucher.

While you wait it out, I'll just continue exploring 😜

Rivian R1T R1S Official update: pre-order price voucher does not apply to custom configurations 20240608_063119

Rivian R1T R1S Official update: pre-order price voucher does not apply to custom configurations 20240608_063434

Rivian R1T R1S Official update: pre-order price voucher does not apply to custom configurations 20240608_064418

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
I noticed it in my email from Rivian on Thursday. It stated this:

Reminder: Your preorder price benefits are set to expire on September 30, 2024. These benefits are only eligible for configurations in R1 Shop, not custom orders. You can learn more about your preorder price benefits here.

Reactions: Rad

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I predicted this was going to happen. The coupon would have been a great deal on the $69,900 Dual Motor trim.

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

stefprez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T PDM Max Pack w/ 20" Dark All-Terrain
I was on the fence for quite a while debating on if I should wait for the refresh and see what that was all about, or pull the trigger on an R1 Shop vehicle that was pretty much exactly what I wanted. I decided to go for the latter, confirming my R1 Shop vehicle in early May and took delivery a couple of weeks later. Given the limited inventory now and seemingly incompatible timelines for the Gen 2 vehicles to start getting delivered, I think I made the right call. Whew!

Smytherines

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Volvo V90 Cross Country Polestar
Frankly, voucher shouldn't apply to the refresh at all. You had a deposit in on the first Gen vehicle, that's it.
While I'm inclined to agree, the fact of the matter is that my pre-order was for a Quad Motor Max Pack...a configuration that never existed in the Gen 1 vehicle but does now in the Gen 2 sooooooo......

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Frankly, voucher shouldn't apply to the refresh at all. You had a deposit in on the first Gen vehicle, that's it.
Some would argue the refresh has what was stated prior to any delivers. Three things come to mind.
1. Quad max pack.
2. driver plus level 3 autonomy
3. photochromatic glass roof

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Ask Tesla who is currently profitable to honor the original Cybertruck prices.

Their answer is to go fly a kite.

Rivian on the other hand while losing money is still being a stand-up company by doing their best to try to offer discounts to their pre-order customers.

I’ll gladly take the experience I had with Rivian on pricing over other car manufacturers currently out there.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
While I'm inclined to agree, the fact of the matter is that my pre-order was for a Quad Motor Max Pack...a configuration that never existed in the Gen 1 vehicle but does now in the Gen 2 sooooooo......
I get it, but it's technically not the same vehicle you made the deposit for. Honoring the deposit was a good faith gesture. Release of a new generation is a perfect benchmark to say shit or get off the pot.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Some would argue the refresh has what was stated prior to any delivers. Three things come to mind.
1. Quad max pack.
2. driver plus level 3 autonomy
3. photochromatic glass roof
Meanwhile I will have been driving my R1T for probably three entire years by the time that configuration is finally available.

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
Max was out late last year. Gen 1.2 Max is the same battery.