Sponsored

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Very loud rattle from behind the rear seats. Turned out to be the seat belt. I think the driver belt rattles too, but a lot less.

BMC

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S ECG on OC ‘22 order
Very loud rattle from behind the rear seats. Turned out to be the seat belt. I think the driver belt rattles too, but a lot less.
Did you happen to come up with a good fix for the rear seatbelt noise other than turning the music louder? Mine is driving me nuts!

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Does anyone know how to safety open the top area of the front dash panel? Where the cover and the large speaker mesh are? I hear rattles in there and just want to tape everything up

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Great tips! After 1800 miles noticed mine started making a very faint rattle/tick noise under light acceleration, as others have mentioned. Hopefully doesn't require service. Just slid around under there and noticed those 10mm bolts on the bottom - many were as much as 10 turns loose. Will see if that helps, LOL. 😆

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

CrazyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura TL MT SH-AWD, CBR 600RR ABS, R1T
Did you happen to come up with a good fix for the rear seatbelt noise other than turning the music louder? Mine is driving me nuts!
SC replaced the belt and it's gone. They said that it has a small explosive charge and don't want to mess with it.

There is a much much smaller rattle developing in drivers belt area though.

booslim45

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I found that the front dash speaker grill was not seated in well and was causing the rattling.

Esap

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
consultant
Just got back from service center for multiple issues, three of which were related to rattles/noises.

1. Front dash grill rattling. They inserted some
Foam and it seems to have taken care of the problem.

2. Rattle from rear drivers door panel. I think it was one of the speaker panels. This was the most annoying one for me. They first said they were gonna replace the entire door panel, but instead they added foam and it seems much better now.

3. Front passenger seat shaking. This has been there from day 1 and this was their third attempt to fix it and it’s marginally improved. Not sure what to do about it at this point. It’s annoying, but livable. Really don’t like going back and fourth to service center for this, but will probably make another service appt.

Overall the rattles inside are less and I don’t feel like I hear an orchestra going over every bump.
That is great. I had the same problem with dash grill. Went in to SC, came back, and within 5 days, the rattle is back and I see the grill vibrating over minor bumps and manhole covers. Back to SC and I will ask whether they placed foam below the grill to stop vibration and rattle. If the Customer Care folks were not so nice, it would be a whole lot more painful.

LGR1S

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I have same squeek. Service said they replaced silver trim with updated part but the seat back squeak is just as bad. It eats at my brain!!
Two weeks of ownership, and this started for me today. I HATE this issue… not sure what can be done. A clear case of form over function. It drives me nuts!

Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Anyone feel their windshield wipers in the 'gas' pedal? When the wipers are on, I feel the 'tick' when the wipers reach their end and go back the other direction. I have generally gotten used to the many sounds and tocks, but not this one yet.

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yes!

I was driving through Utah a month or two ago in heavy rain and felt exactly that, like a vibration through the accelerator pedal as the wipers were operating. Weird ... and even weirder, I've not been able to replicate it since then ... but I've also not been in a similar deluge with the wipers on constantly for over an hour.

I raised it with Denver service a while ago, but since I couldn't replicate I let it drop.

On the flip side ... all the other vibrations and ticks, tocks and clunks have been resolved.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
i think I found a relatively easy DIY fix for the rattling that may come from dash’s top grill. See picture.

I implemented the fix and I don’t hear the rattling in my R1.

If you’re interested in trying it out, please let me know. DM preferably so I don’t miss it.

Rivian R1T R1S General NVH / Squeaks / Noises / Rattles Solutions IMG_6756

Last edited:

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

i think I found a relatively easy DIY fix for the rattling that may come from dash’s top grill. See picture.

I implemented the fix and I don’t hear the rattling in my R1.

If you’re interested in trying it out, please let me know. DM preferably so I don’t miss it.

IMG_6756.jpeg
Have you had any other issues with your R1?

kallisti5

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Late to the rattle and squeek party.

• AC compressor cabin rattle when running hard
    • Fixed. There's a ground strap rubbing/hitting the shock tower which attaches directly to compressor. Bend it out of the way
  • Metal "jingling" at low speeds you hear outside
    • Unknown
  • Half Axel "slap" when changing directions or speed.
    • Likely something more involved / warranty. Looks like a known issue with Rivian?
Sponsored