Sponsored

krikiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 CTS-V Wagon 6MT, 22 R1T, 22 R1S
I haven’t seen this one yet, so:
Anyone else have a rattle from the large grille on the dash that butts up near the windshield?

It sounds almost like a rattle from behind the driver-side display screen, usually brought on by bumps, potholes or poor road surface. But it can be stopped by pressing down on that grille.

I have a feeling I’m going to want to run some wires (and maybe dynamat) up there, so if anyone knows the correct way to remove the panel, wisdom is welcome
Yes, this is a well-known issue according to my last mobile service guy. Replacing the grill evidently fixes it.
Sponsored

krikiter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 CTS-V Wagon 6MT, 22 R1T, 22 R1S
I have a rattle on passenger side when driving alone. it sounds like thin metal or plastic that rattles longer than everything else when going over bumps with the two passenger wheels.
Anybody’s passenger seat rattle at higher speeds when driving alone? Service center said this is normal. I doubt it and will probably open up another ticket.
Yes, I have a rattle/ticking that seems to be coming from the front passenger seatback, only when it's unoccupied. It's not just at high speed, it's at any speed with enough road surface imperfection to make the seatback shake. I can dampen the seatback by pushing it sideways and make it stop.

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

I had a rattle that was coming from the rear passenger side and I thought it was the rear passenger headrest. However, after tapping around i found the rear passenger side headliner rattles very easily when I tap it. The rear driver side headliner also rattles when tapped but not as significantly. I hear this over bumps as well as when I turn up the music. Anyone else have this rattle? I guess I will submit this to service and see what they do.

DC1430

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Discovery Diesel, Porsche 911, Audi Q5e
Occupation
Finance
Hey Guys. Does anyone get constant creaking/squeaking noise from the drivers seat, coming from the "Rivian" silver bar area behind your back? Its pretty constant whenever I move or car moves around town. The leather is rubbing under that Rivian plate or bar. Cabin has been pretty quiet other then that and a vibration coming from under the vent screen on top of the dash. Seems to go away when I press down on it.

Esap

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
consultant
I have the same issue with rattle from black grill work along winshield. Waiting and waiting on Rivian SC to schedule fix.

Sponsored

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T , 2024 Rivian R1S
Is this a common issue?
I have rattling coming from back there somewhere...

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have the same issue with rattle from black grill work along winshield. Waiting and waiting on Rivian SC to schedule fix.
Is it constant? I only have a little noise from that over washboard type roads and it has lessened greatly since temps are warmer here in South Texas.

Esap

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
consultant
It happens with the slightest bumps in the road. On more intense bumps you can actually see the grill work vibrating.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Have this same rattle. Get fixed? Wondering if I could slip some felt tape down there somehow.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Just got back from service center for multiple issues, three of which were related to rattles/noises.

1. Front dash grill rattling. They inserted some
Foam and it seems to have taken care of the problem.

2. Rattle from rear drivers door panel. I think it was one of the speaker panels. This was the most annoying one for me. They first said they were gonna replace the entire door panel, but instead they added foam and it seems much better now.

3. Front passenger seat shaking. This has been there from day 1 and this was their third attempt to fix it and it’s marginally improved. Not sure what to do about it at this point. It’s annoying, but livable. Really don’t like going back and fourth to service center for this, but will probably make another service appt.

Overall the rattles inside are less and I don’t feel like I hear an orchestra going over every bump.

Sponsored

LLJJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Tahoe ltz, Bmw m3, 2 gem lsv’s
Occupation
Real estate
Hey Guys. Does anyone get constant creaking/squeaking noise from the drivers seat, coming from the "Rivian" silver bar area behind your back? Its pretty constant whenever I move or car moves around town. The leather is rubbing under that Rivian plate or bar. Cabin has been pretty quiet other then that and a vibration coming from under the vent screen on top of the dash. Seems to go away when I press down on it.
I have same squeek. Service said they replaced silver trim with updated part but the seat back squeak is just as bad. It eats at my brain!!

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

Just got my truck back from the Chicago SC for NVH and mine ended up being the drivers door cladding along the bottom of the door and the plastic insert behind the interior door handle. those along with the washer fix for the half shaft issues and the truck sounds/feels better than it did when new. Deeply appreciative of the work done by the service team.

OP
OP

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Just got my truck back from the Chicago SC for NVH and mine ended up being the drivers door cladding along the bottom of the door and the plastic insert behind the interior door handle. those along with the washer fix for the half shaft issues and the truck sounds/feels better than it did when new. Deeply appreciative of the work done by the service team.
This is great to hear! What noises were fixed by the washers? Was it the clicking noise that happens transitioning on/off throttle?

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

This is great to hear! What noises were fixed by the washers? Was it the clicking noise that happens transitioning on/off throttle?
That's exactly the noise that was resolved for me with the washer fix.

DC1430

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Discovery Diesel, Porsche 911, Audi Q5e
Occupation
Finance
I have same squeak. Service said they replaced silver trim with updated part but the seat back squeak is just as bad. It eats at my brain!!
Interesting to hear they replaced the "Rivian" bar piece on the seat back but it still squeaks, not good. I am overdue to take the rig in for service, thats one the list. Its pretty annoying, like to the point I have to sit upright and not put pressure on the back seat rest when Im driving around the neighborhood. On the road its not as bad or goes away, mainly due to me not moving.
I am still getting a lot of vibration noise on the dash speaker grill. The speaker above my left ear (drivers side) makes some really weird audio reverb sound when music is going at times. Super odd. And the cabin wind noise, mainly the left drivers window. And the CV axel boots are squeaking A LOT again after they fixed it last service. Need to give Rivian the chance to fix all these items, will update on outcome.
Sponsored