First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
I took delivery about a month ago and noticed the veering to the right and steering wheel off slightly as well. Didn't drive it much over the Holiday's and opened up a service ticket. I'm being told I'd have to bring it in (close to 3 hour drive). They gave me some potential certified collision shops near me that may work on it but the first one I called said they can't work on it.

***Update: second shop said they should be able to do the alignment so they're seeing when they can get me in.

This is pretty frustrating to read , especially people who have had to take it back several times. That just isn't going to be an option for me.

Does anyone have any pictures of how bad theirs is off?

I'm going to try to get a better picture today as it's generally a bit worse than this:
image0 (2).png
Mine wheel is 3-4 degrees to left. Used the angle app on phone. Slightly more than your pic.
In for service right now so hopefully fixed soon
Sponsored

absolut87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Mine wheel is 3-4 degrees to left. Used the angle app on phone. Slightly more than your pic.
Thanks, if you don't mind let me know how it goes and if they can provide any info. I want to give this shop as much info as I can gather.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I'm taking mine in on Friday for pulling to the right. I'll try to measure the angle before and after.

Teddy184

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
retired
Took mine to the Chelsea SC for alignment. It was pulling right slightly. They spent a lot of time on it and said it was way off but it certainly didn't act that way. They
indicated that there would normally be a charge but they comped me because the truck had less than 4000 miles on it. Still pulls slightly but not enough to drive two hours for service. Had the truck since August with no other issues except inability to connect to Alexa.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Everyone that has these issues should request the SC check for the following:
  • Alignment specification
  • Faulty ride height sensor
  • Leaking airline
  • Ride comfort module (the valves/manifold that control air pressure)
My first R1T had an alignment done and comfort module replaced. The right was a lot better, but not perfect. Also the steering wheel was actually straight after all this, so that was nice.
Hopefully at some point Rivian can address vehicle pulling with a service bulletin to the service centers so they know how to trouble shoot and correct this condition. Mine is better that it was, post a service trip, but still not fully correct either.

As much as it sucks....service centers are also subject to early adopter issues, in that they seem undertrained and supported to properly correct the various issues, at this time. Crossing fingers for near future improvements!

Sponsored

Adventusaurus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Y, 92 Miata
Occupation
Software
Mine also has the wheel cocked to the left, and pulls to the right. Driver+ now refuses to engage saying I need an alignment. I have about 12k miles and have only just started to notice it, which is weird. I am the only one who drives my truck and there was no impact with a curb or pothole that happened right before this started.

I am suspecting one of the air suspension components as someone else has mentioned on this thread, and will be measuring each corner height now I’ve read this thread.

luckily I have a service appointment on 1/31 so we’ll see what they say.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Mine also has the wheel cocked to the left, and pulls to the right. Driver+ now refuses to engage saying I need an alignment. I have about 12k miles and have only just started to notice it, which is weird. I am the only one who drives my truck and there was no impact with a curb or pothole that happened right before this started.

I am suspecting one of the air suspension components as someone else has mentioned on this thread, and will be measuring each corner height now I’ve read this thread.

I still have suspicions about the subframe too. So please let us know what they do to solve.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
I’m really interested to see what the newest 2023.02 OTA does regarding steering effort for crowned roads.

I had mine re-aligned back in August but it’s never been perfect. ICE cars drive straight as an arrow compared to my R1T. BUT my R1T will pull left if I’m in the left lane of a highway (crown sloping to left).

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect

Mine did this same thing with the driver+ alignment error. Driver+ dtarted working after the .47 update. Truck currently at service center but when I brought it in I told them about this and they said the .47 fixed a glitch. Weird that you still have the issue.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect

SC told me the Driver+ system uses the rear wheels for tracking

Sponsored

Adventusaurus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Y, 92 Miata
Occupation
Software
Mine did this same thing with the driver+ alignment error. Driver+ dtarted working after the .47 update. Truck currently at service center but when I brought it in I told them about this and they said the .47 fixed a glitch. Weird that you still have the issue.
Mine has only just started. Never had the problem until the last few days. Maybe something has come loose and affected my alignment? We’ll see what SC says :).

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Bellevue did mine last week and got it right the first time - both the droop and alignment.

Rivian R1T R1S Alignment woes DAB8D915-5BBE-470C-A1E7-0D57C1F61C34

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully at some point Rivian can address vehicle pulling with a service bulletin to the service centers so they know how to trouble shoot and correct this condition. Mine is better that it was, post a service trip, but still not fully correct either.

As much as it sucks....service centers are also subject to early adopter issues, in that they seem undertrained and supported to properly correct the various issues, at this time. Crossing fingers for near future improvements!
Many are ex Tesla SC employees; at least at my SC.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Many are ex Tesla SC employees; at least at my SC.
Makes sense. I don't mean they don't know how to fix vehicles. Just that until central command tells them to look at things, they don't even know to look. Mine went into a service center for noisy suspension and came back still noisy. A bit of time passes and I see pictures of Rivians online with the upper ball joint separated from upper control arms. I go check mine and they are about finger tight. So clearly went in for suspension noise concern and came back same....with loose upper balljoints.

Not blaming the techs...they had no idea what to look for and have been lead to believe noisy front ends (or have concluded) noisy front ends are normal.

But central command I am sure sees these concerns and at some point it should raise their concern and then dig in and find root cause and deploy solution to service centers.