First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Y, 92 Miata
Occupation
Software
I'm debating it but it's odd, seems like pull depends on the day even with driving the same route. makes me think it might be a software or air suspension issue.
Yeah - may even be wind? Might be worth waiting for the next software update.

I imagine with 4 independent motors they may be able to run different wheels at ever so slightly different speeds to try to keep the truck straight?
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Yeah - may even be wind? Might be worth waiting for the next software update.

I imagine with 4 independent motors they may be able to run different wheels at ever so slightly different speeds to try to keep the truck straight?
My plan is to wait for the new software update. And you wind comment could be true but I've never noticed it much with my other much smaller cars. That could be since I wasn't paying attention to it on my other cars.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I had mine fixed about a month ago and there’s still a slight pull to the right. Hoping software update helps.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I had mine fixed about a month ago and there’s still a slight pull to the right. Hoping software update helps.
Same for me, but many months ago. Hoping this new software makes more neutral.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I’ve had my truck for 10+ months now and there’s been a constant pull to the right. It’s been in for service and it still pulls, and I’m going back in a couple of weeks again.

BUT… for the first time ever the past couple of days, I put the suspension on the lowest setting in Conserve and the pull was noticeably less. Drove about 30 miles that way today and it was almost normal. I generally drive in AP mode, standard height. Wondering if suspension height is somehow correlated to the pull. 🤷

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I’ve had my truck for 10+ months now and there’s been a constant pull to the right. It’s been in for service and it still pulls, and I’m going back in a couple of weeks again.

BUT… for the first time ever the past couple of days, I put the suspension on the lowest setting in Conserve and the pull was noticeably less. Drove about 30 miles that way today and it was almost normal. I generally drive in AP mode, standard height. Wondering if suspension height is somehow correlated to the pull. 🤷
When my truck pulled hard to the right I did notice it was less pronounced in low vs standard ride height.

crussell

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Anyone successful getting alignment done from non Rivian service?

Defiance

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T FG, OR Wheels, xpel full fusion wrap
Occupation
Tech
Bellevue did mine last week and got it right the first time - both the droop and alignment.

DAB8D915-5BBE-470C-A1E7-0D57C1F61C34.jpeg
Oh man I didn’t get that nice readout from them! Got an alignment about 1000 miles ago and now it’s back to being terrible again (aim left drift right like everyone else here). They said they can’t get me in until JUNE now! 😡

crussell

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Oh man I didn’t get that nice readout from them! Got an alignment about 1000 miles ago and now it’s back to being terrible again (aim left drift right like everyone else here). They said they can’t get me in until JUNE now! 😡
Did you ever investigate having a local shop perform the alignment? I'm far from a service center and don't see it feasible to tow the vehicle for alignments.

After looking into this issue it seems like Rivian had trouble getting alignments correct requred them creating software to tell the vehicle its being aligned. This in result tells the air suspension to not change heights during alignment.

The other potential issue I see with having alignment done locally is the driver+ and how that is recalibrated.

Any thoughts?

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I think my alignment issues might be temperature based too. After work yesterday it was upper 40s out and the alignment was straight as a arrow. This morning was in the 20s and it was pulling to the right a bit. So it might be a suspension issue if ride height and temperature impacts the alignment.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
June...ridiculous. I dont care what all the "all manufacturers are backed up"..."early adopter tax"...."should have known better buying from a start-up"... people say....

If Rivian doesn't get their service machine inline....it will be their demise...

Defiance

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Did you ever investigate having a local shop perform the alignment? I'm far from a service center and don't see it feasible to tow the vehicle for alignments.

After looking into this issue it seems like Rivian had trouble getting alignments correct requred them creating software to tell the vehicle its being aligned. This in result tells the air suspension to not change heights during alignment.

The other potential issue I see with having alignment done locally is the driver+ and how that is recalibrated.

Any thoughts?
They told me it may be better to get an external shop to do it faster but didn’t mention it being under warranty and don’t have any in our area to list where I could go. Anyone get their truck aligned in the Seattle area not at the Bellevue SC? I should note that on the work order for my first alignment a few months ago, they quoted two hours. Then when I took it in, they told me it can actually take the entire day. If a lot of people are coming in for alignments, you can see how that would back them up.

crussell

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
They told me it may be better to get an external shop to do it faster but didn’t mention it being under warranty and don’t have any in our area to list where I could go. Anyone get their truck aligned in the Seattle area not at the Bellevue SC? I should note that on the work order for my first alignment a few months ago, they quoted two hours. Then when I took it in, they told me it can actually take the entire day. If a lot of people are coming in for alignments, you can see how that would back them up.
Did they say an external shop could do it? Every time I call the service call center they say it has to be done at the rivian service center which makes no sense to me.

I was just on the phone with the Brooklyn service center and they said alignments can only be done at rivian locations due to the hardware needed for the sensor calibration post alignment.

Defiance

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Did they say an external shop could do it? Every time I call the service call center they say it has to be done at the rivian service center which makes no sense to me.

I was just on the phone with the Brooklyn service center and they said alignments can only be done at rivian locations due to the hardware needed for the sensor calibration post alignment.
Person I talked to did. Literally said “I know this absurd but the earliest I can get you in is June. You may want to try another shop in the area.”

crussell

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Person I talked to did. Literally said “I know this absurd but the earliest I can get you in is June. You may want to try another shop in the area.”

I'm confused since they are telling you can get alignment done from local shop and don't need to do the sensor calibrations. It makes sense to me but not sure why they are telling me it has to be done.
Sponsored