First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It went 500 miles but no data on the battery or consumption. Looks like they have the 4680 batteries, I’m surprised they did not go with LFP, the 4680 is not designed to charge to 100% on a regular basis. Seems like for a commercial application the LFP, although not having as much power does allow going to 100% and has a higher duty cycle for number of charges.

These would probably be good for local runs but long haul rigs have 1000 to 2000 miles of range, 500 will not cut it especially if it takes 1000 kWh to do it, I would be surprised if it can average more than 2 kWh per mile fully loaded. If it takes 800 kWh to go 400 miles and you can charge at 400 kWh per hour, you’re still idle for 2 hours and I think I am being generous.

I like the idea of it, just wish we had more details about efficiency, charge curves, and targeted business case.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Lol so many butthurt here. Cybertruck 1000 volt megacharging makes Rivian look archaic. Oh and Tesls Semi just did 500 miles with 82k lb total weight. There's a video of the whole trip for Elon haters/conspiracy theorists. :CWL:
Imagine how far ahead Rivian would be with their charging specs if they didn't have to worry about production at all.

Tesla's new batteries aren't capable of the C rate necessary to accept 1 MW in a pack the size of the Cybertruck. They are also going to make it incompatible with CCS if they actually deliver a vehicle with a 1000V nominal battery, so I hope they do so I don't have to look at the ugly things at EA stations.

Last edited:

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Amazing, but will the glass blow off, or maybe the bumper? DOesn't matter because it is ugly as all hell.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
He said megachargers start next year. Rome wasn't built in a day. How is EA charging going for everyone? lol

How do you "stretch" the truth about 1000v architecture? It either has it or it doesn't. What would be the purpose of saying the CT has 1000v architecture and then it doesn't? This far along development, the Cybertruck design is basically complete.

The "full self drive" experience is actually going a lot better than the Rivian Driver+ experience!

The Cybertruck is coming.. you don't buy presses worth tens of millions not to use them:

https://www.torquenews.com/11826/te...t-s-already-working-2nd-giga-press-cybertruck
probably the same purpose as saying the CT has indestructible windows, only to shatter them on a stage in the most embarrassing way possible in front of hundreds of invited media ….

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Why is this so upsetting to people? Anytime someone posts something positive about Tesla, people who own a Rivian have to immediately lose their mind?

Even if you hate the Cybertruck, is it not possible that this will encourage Rivian to make the next version even better?
Im not upset at all. I think it’s funny every time a statement like this comes out. Elon isn’t very good at telling the truth and I’m extremely glad I didn’t give him 50k of my money a couple years ago for a roadster like I wanted to. Had I done that I would actually be angry instead of mocking.

Maybe the cybertruck will be great. Maybe I can float it on my nearest lake for a fishing trip and charge it up in 8 minutes for its 500 mile range on my way home. If that’s the case maybe I’ll buy one. Until it exists though I don’t really see the point in getting excited.

It seems when excitement goes down for his vaporware he just makes another announcement on something cool it will do instead of just making the actual truck. In fact if I was really counting on the cybertruck being in my driveway I would be pissed at this announcement because they are nowhere near production if they are still working on the charging architecture.

Don’t assume we are hating on this news, we are hating on calling something full self drive for years now despite being really far from it, from taking 50k from people and sitting on it for years for a roadster that still doesn’t exist, for one upping themselves on a truck that doesn’t exist. I don’t see any point in even discussing what might be included in new Tesla releases and am only interested in seeing what he is ACTUALLY making right now.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
To be fair that mannequin and child were assoles.
True. They were probably “butthurt” about Elon being such a winner so they tried to smear his virgin name.

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
Lol so many butthurt here. Cybertruck 1000 volt megacharging makes Rivian look archaic. Oh and Tesls Semi just did 500 miles with 82k lb total weight. There's a video of the whole trip for Elon haters/conspiracy theorists. :CWL:

So Hyundai, Porsche, Audi, and Lucid make Tesla look archaic with their 800-900V architectures?

Which is it? All the Tesla fans played this down as no big deal. But now that the Cybertruck might have 1000V architecture it's a game changer.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So Hyundai, Porsche, Audi, and Lucid make Tesla look archaic with their 800-900V architectures?

Which is it? All the Tesla fans played this down as no big deal. But now that the Cybertruck might have 1000V architecture it's a game changer.
I'll admit I'm actually disappointed they only brought the cybertruck up to 1000V. They should have just gone much higher to really impress the market.

Sponsored

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
I think we all need to be happy for advancements in technology as we are all here for the same purpose, you can like the product and hate the owner - it’s fine, but there are some truly outrageously egregious comments made on this forum about Tesla and more specifically Musk that just comes off as having a stick up the rear.

Last edited by a moderator:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Why is this so upsetting to people? Anytime someone posts something positive about Tesla, people who own a Rivian have to immediately lose their mind?

Even if you hate the Cybertruck, is it not possible that this will encourage Rivian to make the next version even better?
I can only speak for myself, but I’m not upset at all. I simply enjoy mocking a snake oil salesman. I don’t like bullshitters.

And I agree with you - CT being successful and Tesla pushing the technology farther is good for everyone in the end. Same thing for the semi truck. If it’s successful it will be good for society. Around here everyone gets upset with Rivian for delivering slower than they originally claimed or not telling us what’s happening. Well the opposite of that is a guy promising you everything will be ready ”next year” And regularly holds events for things that don’t exist yet.

Time after time he just takes it too far. Like it’s physically impossible for him to just state what’s true and accurate without adding a bunch of made up fantasy to it. He does it so often it’s impossible to believe anything he says at this point.
  • He charged people years ago for FSD that still doesn’t exist.
  • He admitted to his biographer that he came up with hyperloop to hurt the chances of high speed rail succeeding in CA. Now there are tunnels in some cities where Teslas can drive very slowly through them For short distances?
  • He took deposits on a new Roadster years ago that still doesn’t exist.
  • He held an event to announce Tesla “robots” with only a guy dressed up in a costume breakdancing on the stage.
  • He held an event promoting the CT and it’s “bulletproof” glass - we know how that worked.
  • This week he held a Neurolink event with a monkey that supposedly has this implant moving a cursor on a computer screen. Monkeys obviously don’t know how to use computers so this is a carefully staged animal training exhibition that repeated an act that was already done almost 20 years ago - only using a trained monkey this time? In 2006 a human operated a computer using a brain implant.
Etc., etc., etc….

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I was impressed with what they've achieved all around revealed during the Semi Live event. The fact they are able to achieve a 2 kWh efficiency while pulling 80k on a level grade should be telling for everyone, Aero is key! Add to that the tech "trickle down" to consumer products like the cybertruck when it comes to charging, is huge. Still getting a Rivian tho.

People getting butt hurt on here about Tesla this, Rivian that, gets tiring. Both are moving us forward, and anyone that doesn't believe Tesla has been instrumental in pushing industry boundaries needs to pull their head out of the sand.

Great news all around!

Edit* deleted an extra "on"

Last edited:

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

This comes from the same guy who yesterday promoted a trained monkey with a Musk brain implant controlling a computer mouse cursor which was actually already accomplished in 2006. I’ll still take my R1T and let others follow Space Karen.
Yeah, but only when he wears the hat.

Rivian R1T R1S Woa Tesla Cybertruck getting 1000-Volt architecture capable of V4 supercharging 1669991156789
Sponsored