First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
The biggest question in my mind now is not 'what', but 'how', we learn details about the vehicles.

I would assume there is going to be a big presentation featuring RJ Scaringe, filling in everything we don't yet know.

On the other hand, maybe they've decided to just s-t-r-e-t-c-h things out. They're going to stay on script, but take longer to roll out the information.

Either way, this could be another boring week.

I think I'm going to skip the possibility of some really exciting information coming out. I'm going for the mundane. Somebody on the board will reveal that they've had their second coronavirus vaccine shot. That's a safer bet than trying to predict what Rivian will do this week.
Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
We’ll learn that there will be very little new information this week but much more ‘soon’!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Fingers crossed for interior, UI, and colors.

If nothing else, we know we can expect more details S00N, closer to production.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
New twist. Other than the interior and exterior tours, It'll take until January for them to release all details since that's when they're starting regular pre-orders.

I'm joking. Don't run with this idea.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Fingers crossed for interior, UI, and colors.

If nothing else, we know we can expect more details S00N, closer to production.
I'm curious what may come out this month. There were some reports from the people contacted by their guides talking about things being provided in July.

Would be nice if they were just being conservative but adjusted expectations in my mind to expect few details in June.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
To further beat the dead horse as @kanundrum illustrated it would be difficult, or impossible, for me to give a final configuration in regards to anything relating to range without the EPA baseline as a reference. This means wheels, off road package and batt. pack size.
One thin is for sure first deliveries which are supposedly next month should confirm most everything. I am assuming the very early recipients will be getting many you tube views posting their reviews.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

New twist. Other than the interior and exterior tours, It'll take until January for them to release all details since that's when they're starting regular pre-orders.

I'm joking. Don't run with this idea.
You may be joking, but I bet it is 2 months before we hear anything from Rivian. The few LE deliveries in July will be to VIP's who already have the information. The only way this changes is if they decide to have the test drives and experiences in non-production vehicles (which in my mind is likely) then it will be more like 4-6 months before hearing anything.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Today marks one month since they posted the Exterior story. I seriously hope they post the Interior story this week. The wait has been long enough.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

If another week passes by without anyone on this forum (yes, its a small sample size) truthfully reporting new Guide contacts then that's what will happen.

;)

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
If another week passes by without anyone on this forum (yes, its a small sample size) truthfully reporting new Guide contacts then that's what will happen.

;)
It's a small sample size for sure, but the fact that in 1 day of Guide contacts we had 5 or 6 members confirm that they were contacted, and for the last 7+ days haven't heard of a single new contact...

Read into it what you will.

2021R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
The delays must really be bad. That is the only conclusion to draw at this point. A hand full of reservation holders are contacted so Rivian can claim what? Why no I formation? The product is released at this point. Incredibly poor company management.
Sponsored