Reed
Reaction score
First Name
Reed
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
The biggest question in my mind now is not 'what', but 'how', we learn details about the vehicles.

I would assume there is going to be a big presentation featuring RJ Scaringe, filling in everything we don't yet know.

On the other hand, maybe they've decided to just s-t-r-e-t-c-h things out. They're going to stay on script, but take longer to roll out the information.

Either way, this could be another boring week.

I think I'm going to skip the possibility of some really exciting information coming out. I'm going for the mundane. Somebody on the board will reveal that they've had their second coronavirus vaccine shot. That's a safer bet than trying to predict what Rivian will do this week.

Advertisement

skyote

Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Fingers crossed for interior, UI, and colors.

If nothing else, we know we can expect more details S00N, closer to production.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Reaction score
First Name
Brice
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
New twist. Other than the interior and exterior tours, It'll take until January for them to release all details since that's when they're starting regular pre-orders.

I'm joking. Don't run with this idea.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee; (LE - R1S)
Occupation
IT
Fingers crossed for interior, UI, and colors.

If nothing else, we know we can expect more details S00N, closer to production.
I'm curious what may come out this month. There were some reports from the people contacted by their guides talking about things being provided in July.

Would be nice if they were just being conservative but adjusted expectations in my mind to expect few details in June.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent, Honda Accord hybrid
Occupation
Construction Management
To further beat the dead horse as @kanundrum illustrated it would be difficult, or impossible, for me to give a final configuration in regards to anything relating to range without the EPA baseline as a reference. This means wheels, off road package and batt. pack size.
One thin is for sure first deliveries which are supposedly next month should confirm most everything. I am assuming the very early recipients will be getting many you tube views posting their reviews.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Honda CR-V, Corvette Z06
New twist. Other than the interior and exterior tours, It'll take until January for them to release all details since that's when they're starting regular pre-orders.

I'm joking. Don't run with this idea.
You may be joking, but I bet it is 2 months before we hear anything from Rivian. The few LE deliveries in July will be to VIP's who already have the information. The only way this changes is if they decide to have the test drives and experiences in non-production vehicles (which in my mind is likely) then it will be more like 4-6 months before hearing anything.

LoneStar

Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RAV4-Prime, future Rivian R1T or 'Lightning'
Occupation
Engineer
If another week passes by without anyone on this forum (yes, its a small sample size) truthfully reporting new Guide contacts then that's what will happen.

;)

cohall

Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Ducati SC1000
If another week passes by without anyone on this forum (yes, its a small sample size) truthfully reporting new Guide contacts then that's what will happen.

;)
It's a small sample size for sure, but the fact that in 1 day of Guide contacts we had 5 or 6 members confirm that they were contacted, and for the last 7+ days haven't heard of a single new contact...

Read into it what you will.

2021R1T

Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
The delays must really be bad. That is the only conclusion to draw at this point. A hand full of reservation holders are contacted so Rivian can claim what? Why no I formation? The product is released at this point. Incredibly poor company management.

Advertisement

Advertisement