Sponsored

What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Yakety sax ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Of most importance, congratulations Duck on your trip to Normal and for engaging in all these question and answer sessions. I'll refrain from questions for now, but I'll ask plenty when you roll into E. TX, in your Rivian, for a rib plate at Country Tavern BBQ in Kilgore. ?

In May of 1968, I got my first new car. This was before I drove pickups. It was a 1968 Pontiac GTO (Silver-the color was called Springmist Green with black interior, 4 speed, no air. I wanted nothing to stand in the way of full power. It came with an 8 Track tape of the Mamas and Papas, in the glove box. I had a friend drive me to the dealership to pick it up. On the way home, I tried out the 8 track player. Monday, Monday was the first song I heard. It's stuck with me all these years.

Now, somewhere between 2021 and 2022, I hope to be driving my Rivian. I like every one of the colors. I would choose either Launch Green, or Red, but I've decided this will be my last vehicle, so......I'm gonna go out, the same way I came in......Silver w/Blk interior and listen to Monday, Monday for my first song. Definitely not my favorite, but a good song nevertheless. It'll bring back fond memories.

My GTO was sold while I was in the military, so this isn't a picture of my car, but an exact replica.
GTO.jpg

cc84,

Now, that's what I was hoping for in this thread. Another great story, behind another great song. And, in this case, also a great story behind a classic car. Sometimes, a person's music tells us a lot about them. It may at least tell of some person, event, or object in their life, something that helps to define who they are or who they've grown to be.

Thanks cc84! Great back story. It seems every time you and I interact, we learn a little greater detail about each other. Any trip to Texas will be incomplete if it doesn't involve us hitting the Roadhouse for some brisket, ribs, and a little beer to wash it all down with.

Be well!

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
I remember being a 16 year old kid when my Dad purchased a new truck. It had been a long time since he owned something so nice and he had worked so hard to get back to that point. We jumped in his truck and he immediately turned on I Love Rock and Roll. I may just do the same for him in his first ride of the R1S!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Any trip to Texas will be incomplete if it doesn't involve us hitting the Roadhouse for some brisket, ribs, and a little beer to wash it all down with.
@DuckTruck @cc84 , y'all better keep me posted on that trip!

Sponsored

BadKarma!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S & 2017 Ford Shelby GT350R
Occupation
Cyber Security
Clubs

Mine will be Crosby, Stills & Nash's "See the Changes". I chose it for sentimental reasons and to check out the Meridian's ability to reproduce both the harmonic vocals and acoustic guitar work.

What about you? What will you listen to the first time you roll in your Rivian?

This was an interesting question that Skyote raised in a group conversation this morning. A tip of the hat, Sir!

I see your "See the Changes" and I raise you "Southern Cross".

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
It's hard to know what music will be out in 2023... ;)

That same sarcastic person might do this one:

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Any trip to Texas will be incomplete if it doesn't involve us hitting the Roadhouse for some brisket, ribs, and a little beer to wash it all down with.

Be well!
Thanks Duck....All you can eat, all you can drink, all on me. Come on down when you can. You and Skyote both. ???

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
@DuckTruck @cc84 , y'all better keep me posted on that trip!

Hey - don't leave me out... I'll be hiding in @skyote's frunk if my Max Pack R1S isn't out yet..... Speaking of @skyote..... I'll probably roll up to our first meet up jammin' The Eyes of Texas..... :p Of course he will get the last laugh knowing we just got back from our official visit with my youngest to A&M.... Dang it they made us go to yell practice! (I need to see about sabotaging her application)

There are so many great options on this thread already for first song.... How about a little Meatloaf.... Paradise by the Dashboard Light

Just for you @skyote

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
My youngest on her visit to Aggieland…..
Rivian R1T R1S What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian? 9A624786-67E9-4021-9FA9-1E107D3D5812

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
My youngest on her visit to Aggieland…..
9A624786-67E9-4021-9FA9-1E107D3D5812.jpeg
Gig 'Em! She's going to love A&M, and beating tu on the football field for years to come!

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

It's hard to know what music will be out in 2023... ;)

That same sarcastic person might do this one:

Talk about someone bringing joy to people by doing what brings him joy. He always cracks me up!
Sponsored