Sponsored

What Will Be The First Song You Play In Your New Rivian?

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
I hope the company sponsors some sort of annual get together/campout/ "Rivaree" at the factory or nearby to bring Riviots together periodically. Being nearby and allowing tours of the factory, and maybe a little play time on the testing grounds, would really be special. I also think the town of Normal might like the chance to host something of this nature when the students aren't filling the town. It could be just like Sturgis, only different. ?

"911, What's your emergency? It's 6:30 in the morning and the crowd outside just started grinding coffee, and now they're laughing, and singing. I can't take it anymore!"
Heck yeah!!
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Really nice to see how this forum is bringing unknown people together ❤.
That's the BEST part! Getting all the Rivian scoop has actually become secondary to me.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I've used Thom Yorke's Black Swan for tuning audio systems since 2006, and thought it would be fitting for my Rivian's first song.

Rivian, to me, is a bit of a Black Swan in the positive sense... I first heard of Rivian the night of November 27, 2018. I watched Rivian's LA auto show reveal.

It was a rare event, seeing a seemingly perfect 7 seat electric quad motor adventure vehicle for my family that I had been dreaming of since my Model S ruined me of gas cars in 2016. It was an unexpected event, as Rivian flew completely under the radar for a decade. AND if Rivian did indeed become successful with their mission, there would be severe positive consequences.

Many of us here on this forum are about to join in the success from the decades of focus, patience, and dedication of RJ AND the fine folks at RIVIAN. On 11/27/2018 when I placed my reservation for an R1S, I was unsure if the company would make it, but I believed in their vision and had hoped over the years for their eventual success.

The time for their success is here, as we're beginning to see from folks on this forum! Rivian is real, and Rivian is about to unleash some Severely Positive Consequences on the auto and delivery industry!

p.s. - now back to FG or LG, 22's or 20's, Black Mountain, or Forest Edge... my time to decide is coming to an end "SOON", I hope!

Last edited:

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I’d like to officially thank @DuckTruck for keeping me up at night since this thread has been posted, figuring out this seemingly simple question. But it has turned out to have given me consternation, odd 2am awakenings, and attention drawn from my wonderful family as I drift off into my thoughts. There can only be one. I almost posted 3 or 4 songs as well, as some have, but that’s impossible. You can only play “one” first song. I give kudos to those who only posted one and knew right away. Do I pick the song from high school with incredible friends, the “first time” song, the song from “the one” that broke your heart, the song from the one that didn’t, the song that later in life as you age, you reflect upon your successes and failures, or the song from now (I suddenly find my self in my 50’s) and the future?

I’ll echo others’ comments here on what a special community I have serendipitously fallen upon here. What started out as a dive into where my one grand is going to, has turned into something entirely different.

I’ll keep ya posted as to what I choose as my first song, but I have officially ruled out Dora the Explorer theme song.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I’d like to officially thank @DuckTruck for keeping me up at night since this thread has been posted, figuring out this seemingly simple question. But it has turned out to have given me consternation, odd 2am awakenings, and attention drawn from my wonderful family as I drift off into my thoughts. There can only be one. I almost posted 3 or 4 songs as well, as some have, but that’s impossible. You can only play “one” first song. I give kudos to those who only posted one and knew right away. Do I pick the song from high school with incredible friends, the “first time” song, the song from “the one” that broke your heart, the song from the one that didn’t, the song that later in life as you age, you reflect upon your successes and failures, or the song from now (I suddenly find my self in my 50’s) and the future?

I’ll echo others’ comments here on what a special community I have serendipitously fallen upon here. What started out as a dive into where my one grand is going to, has turned into something entirely different.

I’ll keep ya posted as to what I choose as my first song, but I have officially ruled out Dora the Explorer theme song.
opnwide,

Beautifully written! You captured so much of what and how I feel, not only about this subject, but also this special group. This is my first foray into anything like this, my first dive into the Social Media pool (if that's what this is).

I went through what you're going through here, with this, and other threads. Last Sunday involved writing non-stop until 3:30 in the morning (of course, with my life's soundtrack softly playing in the background). It was very cathartic, that is until the alarm went off at 6:30 Monday morning. That doesn't even account for the 15-mile drive home from the pets I was watching. Still, it was magical.

Now that it's again pushing midnight, I'll leave it at this. I can't wait to hear what you choose for your first song, and why. To paraphrase both you, and how RJ kicked off the event of over two weeks ago (hard to believe it didn't happen just yesterday), "This will be the last first song in your Rivian".

Make it memorable!

(Thanks again to Skyote for the idea of this thread as we discussed my first song - "See the Changes", which, ironically, will not change)

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I've used Thom Yorke's Black Swan for tuning audio systems since 2006, and thought it would be fitting for my Rivian's first song.

Rivian, to me, is a bit of a Black Swan in the positive sense... I first heard of Rivian the night of November 27, 2018. I watched Rivian's LA auto show reveal.

It was a rare event, seeing a seemingly perfect 7 seat electric quad motor adventure vehicle for my family that I had been dreaming of since my Model S ruined me of gas cars in 2016. It was an unexpected event, as Rivian flew completely under the radar for a decade. AND if Rivian did indeed become successful with their mission, there would be severe positive consequences.

Many of us here on this forum are about to join in the success from the decades of focus, patience, and dedication of RJ AND the fine folks at RIVIAN. On 11/27/2018 when I placed my reservation for an R1S, I was unsure if the company would make it, but I believed in their vision and had hoped over the years for their eventual success.

The time for their success is here, as we're beginning to see from folks on this forum! Rivian is real, and Rivian is about to unleash some Severely Positive Consequences on the traditional auto and delivery industry!

p.s. - now back to FG or LG, 22's or 20's, Black Mountain, or Forest Edge... my time to decide is coming to an end "SOON", I hope!
Matty J,

Very nice post and some wonderful emotions intertwined with your memories of how this dance started and where it's headed. I agree that Rivian may end up having a great impact on not only the industry, but perhaps the world going forward.

As for me, my mantra is, has been, and will always be: LG/FE/AT/4ME

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
One of the greatest first song choices of all time is the first music video played by MTV when they began broadcasting on August 1, 1981 (but it won’t be the first song I play in my R1T):

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
My daughters reminded me of this song yesterday, they grew up listening to this album. Would be an appropriate first song ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

A beautiful song that I'm sure will sound spectacular in the R1T!

Mandolin Orange - "Wildfire"

Zig,

I had never heard of this group or this song before, but it's beautiful! Great call on Song One for Day One.

Turn it up....

Reactions: Zig

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
This is what I want to play when I do my first Tank Turn. ?

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
One that definitely will not be the first song: Baby You Can Drive My Car! :)
Sponsored