Sponsored

What Else Are You Considering?

What Else Are You Considering (Among Electric Vehicles)?

• Total voters

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I don't need the off-roading functionality of the R1T, but I need/want the truck utility functions - hauling motorcycles in the bed, etc. I also do not want a full size truck, so the F150 electric would not be nearly as appealing as the smaller R1T. I have a deposit on the CT but honestly that design is NOT growing on me as I had hoped. It's still awful.

I want to get my wife into an electric as soon as possible - she currently drives an SRX. Last month we drove a Mach E - liked it but would prefer a nicer interior and we don't like the huge glass roof (my only real issue with the R1T design today). We also drove an eTron - great interior, shade for the sunroof(yes!) but very limited range and expensive once you get it optioned out nicely.

I'm very interested in seeing the Lyriq - size, range, features and price are looking reasonably good so far... Hopefully I will have my R1T by the time that hits the dealers next Spring.
Sponsored

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
ordered LE R1S
driving tesla M3P
other choice is Audi Etron GT. best looking EV on the planet. Can't understand Audi's reluctance to have a bigger battery pack. 250 miles is too little for my lead foot.

Kachook

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Mustang Mach-E, Odyssey and former iX
Model X and then Model Y. We won't offroad too much but I find the boxier shape more usable. I just put a deposit on a Model X. Since delivery is only November or beyond, I am hopeful that will give me enough time to decide if I will go forward with the Rivian or not. See if any R1S are being delivered and quality/issues. I really have no intention of waiting until Q4 2023, but things happen so we shall see.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Extensive responses in other threads

Sponsored

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I need/want the truck utility functions - hauling motorcycles in the bed, etc. I also do not want a full size truck, so the F150 electric would not be nearly as appealing as the smaller R1T.
Don't you think a regular truck bed would more easily accommodate a motorcycle than the 4 foot bed of the R1T?

I really like the R1T, but that bed is not going to cut it.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was immediately struck by the fact that it isn't an SUV, as say the R1S is.
BUT, I think the frame is pretty plug and play with say, an expedition body on top. I wouldn't be surprised if an Expedition EV came out in the next year.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Don't you think a regular truck bed would more easily accommodate a motorcycle than the 4 foot bed of the R1T?

The bed is only 5.5 ft. Bigger than R1T, but not what I would call a 'regular' truck bed. To me, that would be 6.5 or 8 ft.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

The R1T uses a gooseneck hinge for the tailgate so the useable bed space gets longer when the tailgate is down -- more than just adding the height of the tailgate.

The R1T is expected to have 83.6" of usable flat load floor with the tailgate down.

A F150 Limited has 88.5" of usable flat load floor with the tailgate down.

It's under a 5" difference.

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The bed is only 5.5 ft. Bigger than R1T, but not what I would call a 'regular' truck bed. To me, that would be 6.5 or 8 ft.
The R1T is expected to have 83.6" of usable flat load floor with the tailgate down.

A F150 Limited has 88.5" of usable flat load floor with the tailgate down.

It's under a 5" difference.
I do like the tailgate on the R1T. I would like to see some videos demonstrating the extending mechanism to learn more.

I prefer to haul with my tailgate closed when possible though. I have an F150 with the short bed, 5.5 ft. I can just barely squeeze in our bikes if I angle them from corner to corner.

I think the sweet spot for me is a 6.5 ft bed, which I consider to be the standard bed. 8ft beds are awesome, but that's too long to out on a crew cab in my opinion.

If the Rivian had a big enough bed to load bikes without leaving the tailgate down, it would be the hands down winner for my family.

I really want a company to manufacture a truck just for me with the exact specs and features I require. Is that too much to ask??

If I could combine some F150 features with the R1T I would be set.

Last edited:

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Spilling my guts here..... 3 scenarios bouncing around in my head

1. stick with Rivian R1T Launch Edition! don't let the distractions (and utter lack of info) deter me

2. F-150 Lightning in about a year's time. Immediately go buy a Mach-E to get acquainted with Ford's EV tech, interface, OTA updating etc. Used car market will stay strong well into a year from now so it likely will retain 80% of purchase value.

3. Future (possible) 2022-23 Toyota Tundra-Prime PHEV that exists only in my head right now. Immediately go buy a '21 RAV4-Prime PHEV to enjoy its niche benefits, $7.5k tax credit, get acquainted with Toyota's driver-assist tech and interface, etc.

I truly am torn at the moment.... (searching Ford & Toyota online Inventory tools for locally available EV/PH rides, and they are out there in limited dealer stock)

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Well, we still have a Tesla Model X (refresh) and logged into today and it again changed from a November 2021 estimated delivery to a January 2022 estimated delivery.

Kind of happy about that since the R1S is larger/nicer looking and less complicated, along with like $20-25K cheaper.

Hoping that the LE R1S still holds true for delivery in Aug-Nov/Dec at latest with some confirmation and it will then be a no brained to cancel the Tesla order :)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I don't need the off-roading functionality of the R1T, but I need/want the truck utility functions - hauling motorcycles in the bed, etc. I also do not want a full size truck, so the F150 electric would not be nearly as appealing as the smaller R1T. I have a deposit on the CT but honestly that design is NOT growing on me as I had hoped. It's still awful.

I want to get my wife into an electric as soon as possible - she currently drives an SRX. Last month we drove a Mach E - liked it but would prefer a nicer interior and we don't like the huge glass roof (my only real issue with the R1T design today). We also drove an eTron - great interior, shade for the sunroof(yes!) but very limited range and expensive once you get it optioned out nicely.

I'm very interested in seeing the Lyriq - size, range, features and price are looking reasonably good so far... Hopefully I will have my R1T by the time that hits the dealers next Spring.
Has sure tried the ID.4?
Sponsored