Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

RivianMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S and 2012 BMW 528i
Occupation
Banking
Clubs

Being able to use specific Spotify accounts depending on who is driving. When my wife is the driver, she uses her Spotify account. When I'm driving, I use mine.

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

- Cruise resume. Not sure why this continues to be absent. The set at the speed limit feature really sucks when you're in a construction zone and you try to reengage at the appropriate speed only to find it engaged 15-20 mph higher instead.

- Fix the issue where the truck keeps waking and sleeping repeatedly if a phone or the fob are nearby...as much as 50 ft and I still see it at work. Prior to the PaaK/proximity updates it didn't do this and my truck wastes a ton of power this way. Very obvious in ElectraFi data.

- Charge for departure (within the set charging schedule). If you only need 20 kWh there's no reason to charge until approx kWh/kW = hours before departure so the battery is warmer without needing to use the motors to warm it.

- Fix issue where on startup the truck swipes the wipers once...courtesy wipe. The latest update with the auto wiper sensitivity actually made this more of an issue because it's harder to get to the Off position and even on the lowest sensitivity I still get this stupid wipe that will smear bug guts all over a dry window.

- Extra trip meters...really want a Since Last Charge and Current Drive meter. Additionally, default gauge view to show efficiency (mi/kWh) and kWh used rather than drive time and avg speed or make it configurable. Tired of having to change it constantly.

- Show %SoC needed for each charge stop on a planned route! It was nice to see this added when you park at a charger, but it would be nice to see it on the plan ahead of time. Charging time is only informative if the charger gives the truck everything it asks for...but when it does, the number has been accurate.

- Set final destination %SoC desired separately from %SoC when rolling into a charging stop. On a recent road trip it respected my config option for range at destination, but kept trying to insist on around 25% SoC when I got to a charge, yielding longer than necessary charging stops.

Riv_Goat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
- Fix issue where on startup the truck swipes the wipers once...courtesy wipe. The latest update with the auto wiper sensitivity actually made this more of an issue because it's harder to get to the Off position and even on the lowest sensitivity I still get this stupid wipe that will smear bug guts all over a dry window.
This seems like another issue that varies between vehicles. I’ve seen several people mention this, but I leave my R1S’s wipers in Auto mode pretty much all the time and the wipers never swipe at startup.

Sponsored

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Android home screen widget to unlock and lock so you don't need to open the app all the time. Right now the work around is use paak and assign the volume rocker to enable and disable BT. Otherwise the car flashes the lights all day long or locks and unlocks constantly at home and office. I may just devolve to the card instead.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
1) turning - show blindspot cameras onscreen like Tesla for turns. Yes, I know “it’s coming” but far more useful than other delivered features.

2) Rear HVAC control - rear screen is worthless and my kids are killing me on long trips. Make it work. Make it do something. Please.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Charge port door control from the app....very annoying climbing back in to the truck to close when the touch button doesnt respond in winter weather.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I'd like to be able to see the ball so I don't have to drive by braile to hook up. Depth perception is impossible with a white line obscuring the ball.
Rivian R1T R1S What do you want addressed in the next OTA update? 2024-01-04 11.56.42

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'd like to be able to see the ball so I don't have to drive by braile to hook up. Depth perception is impossible with a white line obscuring the ball.
2024-01-04 11.56.42.jpg
You missed.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Where were you when I needed you? Yea the ball shoved the trailer even more off center than it was between our gates. Luckily the trailer is light and can be coaxed by hand. Can't tell if the trailer is high enough either until they contact. First world problems I tell ya.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
-Valet mode
-Turn signal camera activation
-more media options for music and including video.

Kenmecca

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Directlineanswers.com
Vehicles
R1S; Audi A5
Occupation
Business Owner
Fix roomy entry/exit. Broke a few updates ago. But I also turned it off after crushing my 83 year old dad's toes. It should know if someone is sitting in seat behind you so it doesnt smash them.

Pacblue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
For the love of all things holy: VOICE TO TEXT <> TEXT TO VOICE in the Rivian UI...for Pete's freaking sake!!!
Sponsored