Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

I would really, *really*, like to see an option for proximity locking when at home. Right now we have proximity locking and unlocking turned off when home - as we don;t want the car to unlock everytime we are in our dining room - but its a pain not simply being able to walk away from it when we get home (1st world problems I know :) )
Just turn off the app when you are at home. I keep my app off at home and can walk by my R1S all day long and it doesn't wake or do anything. I also have it set to unlock at home, so if I need to get in the vehicle for something I can.

torgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Xterra Pro4X; R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

@torgo The newest version of the app, which is maybe two weeks old now, gives you the ability to turn on heat or AC from the app, as well as temp control other “surfaces” as the app calls them.
Just tried this, and it seems to work just fine! For some reason I remember remotely activating the climate control and the cabin was just never shown to be cooling down. Maybe that was just an old app thing. Thanks!

Wefty

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2008 Fit
I use the chimes during navigation and when the chime happens my music or podcast (via Bluetooth) is turned down. I like how that works but the volume stays down after the chime for much longer than necessary. To me it seems like the BT volume is lowered for as long as it would take the nav to speak the directions. Its a little thing but I find it annoying.

portdirect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (QM), R1S (DM Large), EZGO RXV 48v
Occupation
Blinkenlight Hearder
Just turn off the app when you are at home. I keep my app off at home and can walk by my R1S all day long and it doesn't wake or do anything. I also have it set to unlock at home, so if I need to get in the vehicle for something I can.
This really isn't a solution, if we would need to turn off the app(s) on my and my wife's phone, it's actually more steps and less reliable than locking it manually? We live in a pretty high crime area, and the truck is accessible/visible from the street, though what your doing may work for you it wouldn't work for us. We want the truck to lock automatically, and manually unlock.

Sponsored

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

This really isn't a solution, if we would need to turn off the app(s) on my and my wife's phone, it's actually more steps and less reliable than locking it manually? We live in a pretty high crime area, and the truck is accessible/visible from the street, though what your doing may work for you it wouldn't work for us. We want the truck to lock automatically, and manually unlock.
Got it. I purposely don't have the app on because it leads to more 12V battery use, as the app periodically pings the vehicle. If you decide to keep your app off, I think you can set it to lock when you are at home.

ElGuapo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - April 2021 preorder
Wait, I noticed a choice to use proximity for unlocking and have it “off” at home. This is a choice from the main screen of the car…does it not work?

Also, if that’s an option, then my S DOES know when it’s home so letting it automatically open the garage should not be difficult at some point with an OTA update.

What am I missing?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Got it. I purposely don't have the app on because it leads to more 12V battery use, as the app periodically pings the vehicle. If you decide to keep your app off, I think you can set it to lock when you are at home.
This isn't really the whole truth. The vehicle communicates with the Rivian Cloud periodically, not the app, and does this regardless of whether the app is installed on your phone. The only exception is if you use the app to manually 'wake' the truck, but then the communication is still between the truck and the cloud. The app then just reads data from said cloud. 12v usage with the app installed vs. no app would be imperceptible from a communication standpoint.

That said, the app may kill your phone battery faster. And if you are constantly waking the vehicle manually or triggering proximity lock/unlock, there may be noticeable drain I suppose. But you can limit those scenarios pretty easily.

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

Just did my first mile drive today. Chatting with the rep who did our drive, he said Apple Music support (not just bluetooth) is coming...

s00n, I supposed

ColoradoRivian

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE
Apologies if this has been posted before, but RivIan, please link the vent aim settings to driver memory. My wife is one of those crazy people who doesn’t like air on them, and I’d prefer the AC run like a leaf blower in my face. The result is constant vent re-adjusting between driver swaps, which serves to highlight the cumbersome nature of e-vent aiming (and also cannot be done safely while driving). I am hopeful this is an easy request. Vent memory would really turn e-vents into a positive instead of a negative.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Apologies if this has been posted before, but RivIan, please link the vent aim settings to driver memory. My wife is one of those crazy people who doesn’t like air on them, and I’d prefer the AC run like a leaf blower in my face. The result is constant vent re-adjusting between driver swaps, which serves to highlight the cumbersome nature of e-vent aiming (and also cannot be done safely while driving). I am hopeful this is an easy request. Vent memory would really turn e-vents into a positive instead of a negative.
Agree, would also be nice to pair with some basic Alexa commands for vent direction.

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
I probably missed it... but a push notification that the vehicle cannot go to sleep would be nice or better yet, a reason as to why it cannot go to sleep :cool:

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

A special “at home setting” for PAAK that significantly reduces the range at which opening happens.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
I would love to see a "charge to X% at this charging stop" on trip routing instead of "charge for X min".
They're listening!

• When you arrive at a charging stop that is part of your trip, you see the target charge level under the arrival message. This tells you how much you’re supposed to charge during the stop.

duessell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Chrysler Pacifica PHEV
Apple Watch as key
Garmin watch as key. 😁

And ability to switch to bed camera view instead of bumper camera view on the R1T. Better for:
1) When driving with hitch bike rack.
2) driving with tailgate down
3) checking on cargo in the bed
Sponsored