First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Anyone have experience with taking their R1T to a shop and having the tires rotated and an alignment done? NOT a Rivian shop, a third party shop. I ask because I need to get this done soon with miles racking up on the tires and short of the few instructions on changing a tire I don't know what to tell them the "lift" points are and if it needs to be in a special mode etc. Maybe the R1T cannot be aligned by a third party shop?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Just a follow up to this. I talked to our local Rivian shop and they charger about $100 to do a rotation and alignment. I talked to a local alignment shop and they won't touch them. Just too new, not enough info.

So for now its off to the Rivian service center...

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Anywhere with the newest hunter rack should be fine, caveat being it should be a place that does medium duty trucks, due to the weight.

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

Just a follow up to this. I talked to our local Rivian shop and they charger about $100 to do a rotation and alignment. I talked to a local alignment shop and they won't touch them. Just too new, not enough info.

So for now its off to the Rivian service center...
Just spoke with customer service and they recommend rotating the tires every 6K, and 12K for alignment as long as you are not having issues

Bravado21

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99' Subara Impreza 2.5RS, R1T LE
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone have experience with taking their R1T to a shop and having the tires rotated and an alignment done? NOT a Rivian shop, a third party shop. I ask because I need to get this done soon with miles racking up on the tires and short of the few instructions on changing a tire I don't know what to tell them the "lift" points are and if it needs to be in a special mode etc. Maybe the R1T cannot be aligned by a third party shop?
I actually had my alignment done at the SC. You can call Rivian and they have a list of approved shops. In my case, there was only 1 within 400 miles of me (and I live in Jacksonville, Fl). I had a couple tickets so it needed to go to Orlando SC anyways and I just had them do the alignment. At this point I would be weary of any shops that haven’t been authorized to do any alignment or adjustments - better safe than sorry.

Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Just spoke with customer service and they recommend rotating the tires every 6K, and 12K for alignment as long as you are not having issues
Do people actually get their vehicle realigned every 12 months???

I've only had the wheels aligned if I notice the vehicle pulling to one side or the other, uneven tire wear, or to change camber setting (either to add a kit on a McPherson strut or if the vehicle has A-arm front suspension) changed.

johnjohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
IG: thegreenmachine_R1T
Clubs

Do people actually get their vehicle realigned every 12 months???

I've only had the wheels aligned if I notice the vehicle pulling to one side or the other, uneven tire wear, or to change camber setting (either to add a kit on a McPherson strut or if the vehicle has A-arm front suspension) changed.
Not 12 months. Every 12,000 miles what is recommended.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

NachoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep SRT
Occupation
Rivan pre-order hodl'er
I actually had my alignment done at the SC. You can call Rivian and they have a list of approved shops. In my case, there was only 1 within 400 miles of me (and I live in Jacksonville, Fl). I had a couple tickets so it needed to go to Orlando SC anyways and I just had them do the alignment. At this point I would be weary of any shops that haven’t been authorized to do any alignment or adjustments - better safe than sorry.
Fwiw I had a tire repaired in Jax at a RPM (Rivian's designated place?). Vehicle was delivered with a screw in the tire, and unfortunately didn't have the spare/or jack I ordered.

Without taking off the panels, the lifts wouldn't work. Ended up using a 10-ton jack.

Sponsored

Bravado21

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99' Subara Impreza 2.5RS, R1T LE
Occupation
Engineer
Fwiw I had a tire repaired in Jax at a RPM (Rivian's designated place?). Vehicle was delivered with a screw in the tire, and unfortunately didn't have the spare/or jack I ordered.

Without taking off the panels, the lifts wouldn't work. Ended up using a 10-ton jack.
How was RPM? I live in Jax too.

RivnSoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5, ZHP, R1T, E36 M3
Occupation
Tax payer
12k mile alignment is crazy. Would Rivian provide the alignment specs?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Rivian has a trick computer system on the service side that helps lock the suspension into the proper position while they are making the adjustments. Without that, it's extremely difficult to do, and why the shops used to be bad at alignments- they didn't have the ability to do it a while back.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I got a nail in my tire and it was very challenging to get it repaired because nobody wanted to touch my vehicle.

I called Rivian service and was told that Rivian recently signed an agreement with Pep Boys and that they could take care of my tire repair. The service agent was very helpful, got me an appointment at local Pep Boys, spoke with the manager, and sent them the Rivian Tow Guide that has all the information about properly towing, jacking, and servicing the vehicle.

Unfortunately, when I got to Pep Boys, they initially refused to help me and said that they have no agreement with Rivian. They couldn’t find any such Rivian service account in their computer system and didn’t want to touch my truck to repair my tire. After some begging and saying that I would pay for the repair myself, the manager reluctantly agreed to help me out. They used a rack lift so they didn’t have to remove my under panels and access my jack points. The manager was very fascinated by the truck and ended up not charging me anything for the repair.

As a result of the weeklong runaround trying to get my tire taken care of, I bought a replacement 22” tire from Tire Rack and now keep an extra tire in my spare well. This way, I at least have a replacement tire on hand and won’t have to wait days for one to get shipped if I shred one of my tires. I tried to purchase a spare tire kit from Rivian when I purchased the vehicle but was told they aren’t selling them at that point in time.
Sponsored