Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Rivian has had four attempts and can’t align my vehicle. At this point, I’d give anyone a try who isn’t Rivian, because they’re incompetent with their own product, IMO.
This is the ridiculous challenge quite a few have faced....I wonder if the latest Hunter tool has been successful in aligning a vehicle that a SC could not? I agree it's beyond comprehension that there doesn't seem to be a fix for certain vehicles...ludicrous...
Sponsored

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
I purchased a set of these magnetic jack pucks and keep them in the truck. Got a rock through the tread the other day and was able to air up the tire enough to get home then put on the spare with my own jack puck, (much easier than the rivian one).. Took it to the local Les Schwab and they repaired the tire and put it back on for me, no charge. They used a floor jack and the Rivian jack puck. They even replaced the spare and tools in the back.

Rivian R1T R1S Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation IMG_0838

Rivian R1T R1S Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation IMG_0837

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
This is the ridiculous challenge quite a few have faced....I wonder if the latest Hunter tool has been successful in aligning a vehicle that a SC could not? I agree it's beyond comprehension that there doesn't seem to be a fix for certain vehicles...ludicrous...
Mine track’s perfect now, like any other vehicle after I had Aspen Tire (independent) do the job for $101.00 w/tax.

Rivian R1T R1S Taking Rivian to a tire shop for alignment and tire rotation 34FFB0A4-AE04-4976-AFC3-F1F4FFA0E414

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Just for reference I paid 250 for an alignment (from hitting a curb) and they threw in rotation for "free" at Cleveland SC. Tire discounters wanted over 500 to do the safety thing you have to do after an alignment. They could do it, just not as cheap as SC
What is the "safety thing" that must be done after an alignment?

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Mine track’s perfect now, like any other vehicle after I had Aspen Tire (independent) do the job for $101.00 w/tax.

34FFB0A4-AE04-4976-AFC3-F1F4FFA0E414.jpeg
Excellent! Troubling though....there used to be an art to alignment, especially lowered cars and a few had it down. I would think with machine automation it would be simple, but a pro is a pro if they understand all the dynamics involved. Congratulations.

Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T

34FFB0A4-AE04-4976-AFC3-F1F4FFA0E414.jpeg
This right here.
A Rivian is no special alignment needing vehicle. But nobody, no matter how new and great their machine is, without a fundamental understanding of alignment will necessarily get it right. A good alignment shop does not need the latest and greatest and likely doesn’t even need the specs.

I’ve mentioned it before, anyone in LA struggling to get an alignment DM me, I have a shop that will make it right.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Excellent! Troubling though....there used to be an art to alignment, especially lowered cars and a few had it down. I would think with machine automation it would be simple, but a pro is a pro if they understand all the dynamics involved. Congratulations.
The tech that did my alignment said he's been doing them for 25 years. Pretty cool to watch the process. This shop has a new Hunter Hawkeye Elite alignment machine with all the Rivian specs. He did a very detailed job and took him ~45 min in total. It's puzzling why Rivian is shipping seemingly a lot of R1's with poor alignment.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

The tech that did my alignment said he's been doing them for 25 years. Pretty cool to watch the process. This shop has a new Hunter Hawkeye Elite alignment machine with all the Rivian specs. He did a very detailed job and took him ~45 min in total. It's puzzling why Rivian is shipping seemingly a lot of R1's with poor alignment.
That is very insightful, thank you. I'm sure quite a few people are going to be happy to hear this. But, I agree I don't understand the problem with Rivian is in regards to alignment.

Did your vehicle have alignment issues? If so, what were they and I assume it's perfect now?

hekhl00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Rivian Blue Ocean Coast Adventure Package
Just an FYI that mobile tire rotation is now live. My tech just came out for the latest recall and he confirmed they are now doing rotations via mobile. As soon as he left I opened a service ticket and they’re coming out in a few days to do it. I have a spare that they will rotate in. Cost is $60.

He also said a regular tire shop should be able to put it on a lift as long as you have four picks. Good to know but I’m sticking with Rivian since it’s now mobile.

Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Just an FYI that mobile tire rotation is now live. My tech just came out for the latest recall and he confirmed they are now doing rotations via mobile. As soon as he left I opened a service ticket and they’re coming out in a few days to do it. I have a spare that they will rotate in. Cost is $60.

He also said a regular tire shop should be able to put it on a lift as long as you have four picks. Good to know but I’m sticking with Rivian since it’s now mobile.
Another FYI - I had Discount Tire do my rotation (with my Jack Pucks from Mark!), and they do it for free. I did not rotate in the spare, though, so not sure if that would change anything. I was pretty shocked - I went to pay, and they told me they don't charge. I birddogged them the whole time but they did a good job as they had already done an R1T so knew their way around.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Another FYI - I had Discount Tire do my rotation (with my Jack Pucks from Mark!), and they do it for free. I did not rotate in the spare, though, so not sure if that would change anything. I was pretty shocked - I went to pay, and they told me they don't charge. I birddogged them the whole time but they did a good job as they had already done an R1T so knew their way around.
I simply didn't remember Discount Tire rotated for free, even if you didn't purchase them there! Thank you so much for the kind words about our Jack Pucks as well, I do appreciate it!!

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
They rotate and repair flats for free. They want to try to make you a tire customer by offering those services. I don’t know the math behind it but it worked on me and I’ve been buying from them (called Americas Tires in my part of the country) for years because of it. The one near me has done rivians before and we used my spare jack puck for my puncture repair but I just got a set of ev1 jack pucks from a forum member for when I wanna do the rotation. Rivian recommends a 4 tire rotation to keep the spare in good shape.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things

Not according to service when I asked. I have a mobile service appointment next week Wed and they will not rotate the tires.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
The local Discount Tire is amazing!!! I get VIP tire service from them. They assigned a Tire Guide to me. I have his name, cell number, email, even know where he lives and can call him day or night for any tire needs. When I need service all I do is call my Tire Guide, tell him what I need, and he picks up my car at my house the next day. Takes the car to the local shop and he personally is the only person that works on my car. He performs tire installs, rotations, flat repairs and all other tires services. Then my Tire Guide returns the cars to my house with a full explanation of the services performed. It's the best service I have ever received and I never worry about a sloppy mechanic working on my cars. (My son manages the local Discount Tire.)
Sponsored