LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

so how were you notified the 8-Step was opened? did it come with an email? Or just through the app or logged-on account and you notice it? wondering what to keep an eye out for between the PBA signing and the 8-stepper starting. Until then, I'll just keep checking both about every 30-60 seconds throughout the day. :)

Rasputin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KTM, Vespa
@Rasputin what's the address?
Ask your guide? I am sure you can find it online somewhere, but I don't want to post where these guys are working from. Their job is hard enough... I couldn't imagine scaling a service and delivery center from zero. Mass respect to the people who are "doing" the work.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

so how were you notified the 8-Step was opened? did it come with an email? Or just through the app or logged-on account and you notice it? wondering what to keep an eye out for between the PBA signing and the 8-stepper starting. Until then, I'll just keep checking both about every 30-60 seconds throughout the day. :)
It came via email... this is what you're looking for:
Rivian R1T R1S R1T LE LG FE group 1652284679492

Sponsored

Pendarin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2020 Zero SR/S
Ditto with @swhme I became aware of the 8-step by email.

I had my appt with the Rivian Insurance agent today. If you plan on going with Rivian Insurance, keep in mind that their phone goes straight to voicemail always (even during business hours), and the earliest appointment may be 2 days away. At least, that was the case for me.

The agent had some really interesting info to add:
1. Rivian is under contract with Nationwide to not steal their customers. So if you already have Nationwide (as I did), they'll refuse to offer you insurance. However, because they had to refuse you, they will allow you to obtain the same benefits that being a Rivian Insurance holder would otherwise have (access to insight on factory replacement parts?) if you insure the Rivian directly through Nationwide. This was great for me as it's exactly what I wanted anyway.
2. The reason my Guide had me hold off on Financing section of the 8-step is because they're waiting for my Delivery step to unlock--it's currently grayed out in the 8-step saying "Preparing vehicle". So this, along with my VIN, suggests that, yes, even though I may have started PBA and 8-step before some of you who have earlier preorder dates, my vehicle production is still slated after yours, which makes sense. Hopefully that brings some (minor) hope to folks with earlier preorder dates than mine.

Edit: BTW, once the 8-step opens, the result of clicking the vehicle preorder button in the sidebar of your account page will be completely different. So that's another way you could possibly stumble upon your 8-step opening up.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I'm darn tempted to start a Poll thread seeking info on # of Days people experience between the PBA signing and the 8-Step opening. I'd like to know are most seeing a week or two... or a day or two.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Where the heck are the PHOTOS from the lucky SOB's getting this color combo delivered?

Are you out there driving it instead? How dare you!

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

I had my guide assigned yesterday (5/10) and completed PBA (I skipped the initial guide call). I just checked and I now have a vehicleID assigned (5/11) when looking at dev tools.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I had my guide assigned yesterday (5/10) and completed PBA (I skipped the initial guide call). I just checked and I now have a vehicleID assigned (5/11) when looking at dev tools.
smart move... my guide is awol

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I'm darn tempted to start a Poll thread seeking info on # of Days people experience between the PBA signing and the 8-Step opening. I'd like to know are most seeing a week or two... or a day or two.
It was 6 days for me.

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
It's been nearly 3 weeks since I've signed and my guide is next to useless. (edit) Though, I just found out that my rig is "in production" and we'll have a follow-up call tomorrow. 2 days with no response but got some traction by calling CS...

Last edited:

OrthoBlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X5 PHEV
It's been nearly 3 weeks since I've signed and my guide is next to useless. (edit) Though, I just found out that my rig is "in production" and we'll have a follow-up call tomorrow. 2 days with no response but got some traction by calling CS...
How did you figure out that your rig is "in production" -- is this the same as having a vehicleId assigned, or are those two different things?

and do you happen to know what that means (e.g., are they actually physically producing the vehicle, or is it just on some piece of paper that they should make a vehicle that matches your configuration, etc.)

Curious to garner any additional info, as I impatiently await my R1T delivery...

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
How did you figure out that your rig is "in production" -- is this the same as having a vehicleId assigned, or are those two different things?

and do you happen to know what that means (e.g., are they actually physically producing the vehicle, or is it just on some piece of paper that they should make a vehicle that matches your configuration, etc.)

Curious to garner any additional info, as I impatiently await my R1T delivery...
As you are experiencing, the information flow is only a trickle. After hounding my guide for an update/response, she finally got back to me and eventually indicated that my vehicle was "in production". I don't have a VIN yet. I have a call scheduled in 90 minutes, so I may learn more then.

OrthoBlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, X5 PHEV
As you are experiencing, the information flow is only a trickle. After hounding my guide for an update/response, she finally got back to me and eventually indicated that my vehicle was "in production". I don't have a VIN yet. I have a call scheduled in 90 minutes, so I may learn more then.
Got it, please keep us posted as you learn more.

(the conspiracy theory part of me is wondering if "in production" is just a phrase that has been given guides so that they can appease us impatient folks... I have had a vehicleID for 2 weeks now, but no signs of real progress since...)
Sponsored