Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Signed my PBA today as well.

My guide didn't hint at anything like a certain # of weeks, only that production list would be checked "daily" and the next matching vehicle not snagged already - getting snagged.

Is your understanding that right now we just sit back and wait for them to find / assign a VIN?
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

i guess the fantasy of them assigning by preorder date is out the window now. :(

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
The way my guide described it is that once you sign the PBA, it’s sent to the production team. The next available truck matching your config gets assigned to you by them. The guide can check other variations to see if they are available before that happens, but the matching otherwise is done by production and the guides don’t even know about it unless they look.

For me, my guide did nothing and I was assigned a truck on Monday (pba signed Friday). I’m convinced they are pumping LG/FE out right now so I don’t think your guide needs to do anything atm.

The good news is that we should all be thinking in weeks now instead of months.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

Signed PBA today! Told 3 weeks expected delivery/factory pickup but most likely sooner they way they are cranking out our configuration. :)

Serious question though ... how y'all not checking your email every 5 minutes to see what's next?!
You wait 5 minutes???

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

The way my guide described it is that once you sign the PBA, it’s sent to the production team. The next available truck matching your config gets assigned to you by them. The guide can check other variations to see if they are available before that happens, but the matching otherwise is done by production and the guides don’t even know about it unless they look.

For me, my guide did nothing and I was assigned a truck on Monday (pba signed Friday). I’m convinced they are pumping LG/FE out right now so I don’t think your guide needs to do anything atm.

The good news is that we should all be thinking in weeks now instead of months.
Likewise. I signed my PBA yesterday, got my VIN this morning and finished my 8-step today.

Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Well it's also the one color that by default has a cutoff order date of November 2020, so the range of possible order dates is a lot more compressed. I'm January 2020 with VIN in the 4800's. Contributing to my delivery was likely the opening of the Houston SC which opened up capacity for deliveries and service for the region. Previously Dallas was serving the entire state.
I’m in 4600s, but I think mine is probably going for a choo-choo ride right now.

Perk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2012 Volt, 2013 Odyssey, R2S reserved
I'm starting to get mad and frustrated. I should be one of the earliest LG/FE deliveries. I was already assigned a VIN but that vehicle was reportedly shipped to the wrong place. I've been really relaxed with my guide so far and even laughed off the mistake. But as the days continue to pass, it feels like I'm getting unfairly skipped. I should get the next truck off the line that matches my config. I know they are making them... why am I not getting one!?! 🤬 I don't want to go mental on my guide, but this is crazy 🤯

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I'm starting to get mad and frustrated. I should be one of the earliest LG/FE deliveries. I was already assigned a VIN but that vehicle was reportedly shipped to the wrong place. I've been really relaxed with my guide so far and even laughed off the mistake. But as the days continue to pass, it feels like I'm getting unfairly skipped. I should get the next truck off the line that matches my config. I know they are making them... why am I not getting one!?! 🤬 I don't want to go mental on my guide, but this is crazy 🤯
Agreed. That’s brutal.

I’m not gonna give you mine, but you should be before me.

Sponsored

Pendarin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2020 Zero SR/S
but I'm pestered by the abundance of LG's out there (no matter the interior color)
Keep in mind that there'll never be more LGs. Once FE/OC complete, that's it. So you'll start seeing more of every other color from then on. At least, that's the way I look at it.

Pendarin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2020 Zero SR/S
Got my 8-step on Monday, but my Guide said to hold off on the financing section until I get a go-ahead from her. I'm not sure why, but I'm following orders. I suspect that she wants to make sure the vehicle is actually deliverable before we go through all that, which is a đź‘Ť from me. The 8-step surprised me; I thought it'd be weeks between PBA and getting a VIN assigned.

Rasputin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KTM, Vespa
Not a lot (hardly any) real meaty info available or covered. My ears perked up when she said there's a San Diego Rivian service center. What? How'd I miss that....
The photos I posted above are from the San Diego Service Center. Congrats on your PBA.

Pendarin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2020 Zero SR/S
Something of interest I noticed; my VIN is in the 5200s, so even though I got my PBA/8-step sooner--by a day or three--than some of you, the vehicle was actually produced later?
Sponsored