Sponsored

PNW Roll Call

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
Hey aAlpine, where you get that pic for your profile photo. I've always wanted a burnt-orange color. Bummed that's not one of the offerings.
It's from a photoshop job I did from what feels like so long ago. Thread here: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/r1t-on-an-fsr-previewed-in-all-colors-we-know-so-far.546/

I can't wait to see real photos of the actual colors. I'm not sure I'm liking the yellow they're offering. I was hoping for a burnt orange or sunset yellow.
Sponsored

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Anyone thinking of a wrap out of the gate? I've never had a vehicle wrapped, would it be possible with such a new model?
Yep, I want color they are not offering, so getting white then immediately wrapping.

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

Bellevue here. I missed the launch editions, so I currently have an R1S Explore with Off-road upgrade and stock 21" (I'll get after market off road tires) in White with the gray interior. I'm back and forth between the Adventure and Explore package. Not sure if it's worth spending $5k for basically better audio, ventilated seats, and passenger lumbar. The gray color interior is nicer in the Explore though.

I'm hoping I get mine sometime in spring 2022 and it isn't delayed for months or a year+

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
and stock 21" (I'll get after market off road tires)
FYI, the 21" in size is pretty non-standard. Before committing to that choice you should double check the availability of aftermarket tires. Maybe you meant another set of aftermarket wheels?

Sponsored

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

FYI, the 21" in size is pretty non-standard. Before committing to that choice you should double check the availability of aftermarket tires. Maybe you meant another set of aftermarket wheels?
Yeah sorry. The 21” is custom for Rivian so only Pirelli makes a tire at this time. I was going to get 18” wheels if they fit on the brakes, or get a set of 20” wheels if they don’t.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Yep, I want color they are not offering, so getting white then immediately wrapping.
So Davrow, I don't know anything about 'wrapping' What's the reason you're choosing white as the factory color? Is that easier to wrap, or do you just prefer white if/when you remove the wrap?

Roughly speaking, how much will a quality wrap job cost? I' sure it's a huge range :)

Thanks!

delmi

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Land Rover Discovery
You can wrap anything! Either by yourself or have a professional do it.

Also, hi from Bellevue! I’m on Mercer Island quite frequently, so maybe my R1T and your R1S will meet someday aha

delmi

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Land Rover Discovery
Also live on Mercer Island - Order #4700 - R1S in blue with black wheels. We will have to have a parade. Let's post our delivery dates when we get them.

PERRY

First Name
PERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MERCEDES GLE 450, 2017 MERCEDES GLE 400
Occupation
PHYSICIAN
I’ve seen a few other regional sections doing this, so figured I’d start one here!

Where ya at, and what did ya order?

Bellevue, WA here. My current configured order is a Rivian Blue/Black Mountain R1T LE with standard 22s
chicago, ordered RS1 on 01/01/2021 white with 22" rims

Sponsored

SeanK

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Toyota Tacoma
Hello from Olympia, WA. R1T Adventure Black/Black 400 standard 20" all-terrain. Placed my reservation 15 minutes ago. ?

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
On Mercer Island. According to the configurator URL, I'm order # 1813. Configured a R1S - Limestone with 22" wheels. Still not sold on the color. I want to see the options in person.

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

On Mercer Island. According to the configurator URL, I'm order # 1813. Configured a R1S - Limestone with 22" wheels. Still not sold on the color. I want to see the options in person.
I wonder how accurate their order URL’s are. If it’s accurate, I’d be order 275,602,646 and I doubt that’s real lol

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I wonder how accurate their order URL’s are. If it’s accurate, I’d be order 275,602,646 and I doubt that’s real lol
I'm pretty sure they changed the order numbering system at some point towards the end of last year once they figured out that we were tracking them. It might have gotten to 60k or so before the switch to the larger more random numbers if I remember correctly.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I've been going back and forth on colors a lot as well. White is definitely the way to go if you plan to wrap down the line. Launch Green could be hit or miss, and we'll never know until they show us some detailed pics. In the $1,500 tier I really like Forest Green, and am actually coming around to Limestone and El Cap Granite too. I don't think Blue or Yellow are worth it for the R1S.

That's all to say, I'd definitely like to see them all in person before making a call. I don't hate any, I don't looove any, so I may just go with the least cost option in the end.
Sponsored