DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Count me in for a meet-up at Rock Creek Tavern or Helvetia Tavern. Looks like we are almost neighbors. What is your order number? My order number is 5794 so hoping to get LE in July or August?
By looking at the postings of few people within days of my 2/19/2019 deposit date, I'm estimating that I'm around 7,550. What none of us can know is where we stand in line for LE delivery based on our order numbers, because of differences in model (R1T vs. R1S) and battery pack.

If Rivian decides no factory tour/pickup event can be held until later, we may end up at group delivery event. Luckily, you'll be able to easily recognize me. I'll be the one with stars in my eyes and an ear-to-ear grin. ? (actual photo)

Regardless of when we get our Rivians, I'm looking forward to getting as many of us together as want to.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Just saw your post. That would be great to meet up. Wish we had a better idea of when we might see an R1T "in the flesh" and get a delivery estimate. We didn't sign on until September of last year, so I expect we won't be seeing ours until much later this year. But, if you get yours sooner and come through Boise, let us know!!
I certainly will. Looking forward to meeting you soon!

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

By looking at the postings of few people within days of my 2/19/2019 deposit date, I'm estimating that I'm around 7,550. What none of us can know is where we stand in line for LE delivery based on our order numbers, because of differences in model (R1T vs. R1S) and battery pack.

If Rivian decides no factory tour/pickup event can be held until later, we may end up at group delivery event. Luckily, you'll be able to easily recognize me. I'll be the one with stars in my eyes and an ear-to-ear grin. ? (actual photo)

Regardless of when we get our Rivians, I'm looking forward to getting as many of us together as want to.
I'm anticipating getting a fairly early delivery having order 1307 on 11/26/18, but who knows how much region and configuration will have an influence.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I'm anticipating getting a fairly early delivery having order 1307 on 11/26/18, but who knows how much region and configuration will have an influence.
With two different vehicles and three different battery packs, I’d think you’d easily fall into the first 500 deliveries.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Just realized I hadn't posted up here yet.

Portland area, currently have a LE R1T configured in Limestone/Ocean with the 20's.

Depending on timing, it's very possible I can book us into the covered plaza at the Trade center in Portland (across from the downtown PGE "Electric Avenue") for a meet up.

Rivian R1T R1S PNW Roll Call 1615578867173

Rivian R1T R1S PNW Roll Call 1615579120791

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Just realized I hadn't posted up here yet.

Portland area, currently have a LE R1T configured in Limestone/Ocean with the 20's.

Depending on timing, it's very possible I can book us into the covered plaza at the Trade center in Portland (across from the downtown PGE "Electric Avenue") for a meet up.

1615578867173.png

1615579120791.png
I might even adventure up from TX for that. Never been up to PNW & have heard it's beautiful!

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
We're out in the middle of the WORLD FAMOUS GLORIOUS SCABLANDS OF EASTERN WASHINGTON (look up Lake Missoula Ice Age Floods, if you don't know about the Scablands of E. WA) that the Rivian was made to explore! THIS IS RIVIAN COUNTRY! :clap: Near Ritzville, WA; configured the R1T LE in launch green, 22" wheels and Forest Edge interior. Goin' ALL GREEN BABY!!! :like:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

We're out in the middle of the WORLD FAMOUS GLORIOUS SCABLANDS OF EASTERN WASHINGTON (look up Lake Missoula Ice Age Floods, if you don't know about the Scablands of E. WA) that the Rivian was made to explore! THIS IS RIVIAN COUNTRY! :clap: Near Ritzville, WA; configured the R1T LE in launch green, 22" wheels and Forest Edge interior. Goin' ALL GREEN BABY!!! :like:
Lil'O Annie, I've configured mine the same way, but hope to score both the 22s and the 20s. You should consider a trip here for a get together with the group. I have family outside of Spokane and look forward to the R1T getting loose on the Palouse. Your area is the ideal terrain for off-roading in a Rivian.

For those interested in the amazing story of the Scablands and the Great Missoula Floods, you can check it out here:

https://www.historylink.org/File/8382

Last edited:

bowhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Clubs

Nice; I grew up in E. Washington (Colfax), and look forward to trips in the Rivian to my farm and surrounding areas.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The Colfax area is another beautiful area to check out. I haven’t checked the various charging apps, but I hope there’s enough charging infrastructure to allow us to explore all around here and the Scablands.

I’ve been planning to reverse-track road-trip the route of the Missoula Floods since learning about them decades ago. Annie, I know you know this story (probably way better than I do), but many others may not.

The “Erratics” left behind from this (and similar earlier events) can be found 130 miles up the Willamette River, near Cottage Grove, Oregon. These house-sized granite boulders from the Rockies were stuck in huge ice block remnants from the end of the last Ice Age. When the Inland sea formed from retreating glaciers finally broke free, the resulting torrent swept across Western Montana, Northern Idaho, and Eastern Washington before hitting the Columbia River Gorge.

The flow was so great that it was over 1,200 feet deep when it hit the narrowest channel of the Gorge, which is still at least a mile wide. The back eddy that went up the Willamette had to push these huge ice chunks up over 400 feet of elevation on their way up the 130-plus miles of the Willamette. When the ice melted, the huge boulders remained. In its path across Washington, it scoured the land and made it look like the wash basin of a river, except on a massive scale. It’s now some of the world’s best wheat country and can handle the lack of rain well because of all of the volcanic soil below.

The previous link will get you to the details of the paper Bretz wrote, but if you don’t know the story, it is an amazing tale and worth some research. It took him from the 1920s until 1979 to be given credit for figuring out what happened ten thousand years earlier. As he was in his mid 90s when he got credit for it, he told his son something along the lines of “All of my colleagues are dead, so there’s no one to gloat over.” I’m sure the vindication was still sweet.

Last edited:

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Yes DuckTruck...I have learned a lot about the Scablands, especially in the past year from Nick Zentner (Geology Prof. at Central Washington Univ.) He's been doing some great PNW geology stuff on YouTube. This is a fun video showing a great animation of the floods going over Dry Falls...everyone should see this to get a good feel for what happened here, but I think it's actually very conservative and the floods were even more dramatic. Ice Age Floods of E. Washington-Dry Falls
Rivian R1T R1S PNW Roll Call DryFallsEWA NickOnTheRocks PBS

Last edited:

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
In Seattle, configured LE R1S w/ Launch Green/Forest Edge interior. Live pretty close to the Belltown location, but doubt they'll be ready by the time the car needs to be delivered. Can't wait for some more key EA charging sites to go online (Leavenworth and Olympic Peninsula)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

In Seattle, configured LE R1S w/ Launch Green/Forest Edge interior. Live pretty close to the Belltown location, but doubt they'll be ready by the time the car needs to be delivered. Can't wait for some more key EA charging sites to go online (Leavenworth and Olympic Peninsula)
Sdvictor,

I trust you're as excited as I am about the RAN locations that were just announced? I think Rivian is off to a great start with this initial rollout.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Yes DuckTruck...I have learned a lot about the Scablands, especially in the past year from Nick Zentner (Geology Prof. at Central Washington Univ.) He's been doing some great PNW geology stuff on YouTube. This is a fun video showing a great animation of the floods going over Dry Falls...everyone should see this to get a good feel for what happened here, but I think it's actually very conservative and the floods were even more dramatic. Ice Age Floods of E. Washington-Dry Falls
DryFallsEWA NickOnTheRocks PBS.jpg
Annie,

Wow! You sent me down a very cool and informative rabbit hole. Nick is great at making geology interesting. Sometimes, people can be Subject Matter Experts but do little more than cure Insomnia. Nick brings great enthusiasm to what he does. Although his videos prove this to be true, I'm guessing he really excels in getting his students excited about Geology.

Thanks for sharing and providing yet one more reason to put off doing my taxes or cleaning my house this weekend.

Take care!
Sponsored