March - April 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread

Florida Boy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX300h, Toyota Tacoma
R1T, Pacific Blue, LE with 20's and Off-road package. Also got the all-weather floor mats and the tent. Was pre-order 54XX and got the March - April email.

It is really interesting to see the wide range of order dates that fell into the March - April time slot.
Sponsored

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
I've been waiting 1065 days (hard to believe!) through several delays, so my March/April window does not excite me nearly as much as the previous windows had. I no longer tell friends what my expected delivery window is, but rather just say: "I hope to get it this year".

Also, since I have not been granted the opportunity to drive one yet, and there is little news coming out of Rivian about production numbers (for real customer orders) and ramp-up, it feels a bit like vaporware to me as 'Production' started almost 4 months ago...

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
I'm March - April as well. Silver R1T, 20" wheels with Off-road package and camp kitchen. In the Houston area - reserved Feb 2019. Also had a friend send me a pic of a blue R1T spotted in my area the other day as well. Seems like 2022 will be the year! I also have a commercial building that has been under construction for the last 4 years and is almost 2 years behind schedule. Very curious to see which will be ready first!

Last edited:

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Also, since I have not been granted the opportunity to drive one yet, and there is little news coming out of Rivian about production numbers (for real customer orders) and ramp-up, it feels a bit like vaporware to me as 'Production' started almost 4 months ago...
The lack of announcements around test drive opportunities and First Drive events is concerning. There should be plenty of trucks available to support these events, and multiple service centers are up and running to act as home bases, but it's just a deafening silence.

I really thought the new year would bring quicker updates and announcements from Rivian. But I guess I was being naive.

Oak62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 C7 Z51
By chance you see a Red in the lot? It’s the last one I haven’t seen in person (minus limestone) and I’m not above peaking through their gate. ?
I did not see a red one. For sure saw blue, white, el cap, and LG, but I was really focused on looking for El Cap, so might've just missed other colors.

Sponsored

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

Has anyone had any success in asking Rivian CS to consider sending a truck to your city to test drive before delivery? I would drive 150+ miles for the opportunity to do so before a delivery day is set. I would hate to have delivery day come, drive the truck, then realize it's not for me.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I’m in this timeline as well, but my biggest concern is I keep switching back between interior color choices and I don’t know if that’s going to throw things off or not. I also keep adding and removing the camp kitchen, so real time updates delivery estimates can’t come soon enough!

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
The lack of announcements around test drive opportunities and First Drive events is concerning. There should be plenty of trucks available to support these events, and multiple service centers are up and running to act as home bases, but it's just a deafening silence.

I really thought the new year would bring quicker updates and announcements from Rivian. But I guess I was being naive.
I think you have to consider the COVID environment we are currently in. I think any possible events or test drives that may have been planned are on pause indefinitely. Without knowing when they might be able to resume, there is nothing to communicate yet.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
By chance you see a Red in the lot? It’s the last one I haven’t seen in person (minus limestone) and I’m not above peaking through their gate. ?
I was thinking about this the other day. I don't think I’ve seen a single red one delivered.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Well, none of you Mar-Apr fraternity members have said a Rivian Guide contacted you for focused coordination of your final build sheet, timing, financing... yada yada yada. Will be interesting to watch here when the first member says "I GOT THE CALL!"

Sure makes you wonder what the Rivian Guides squad is doing in the meantime...

Rivian R1T R1S March - April 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread Guides.PNG

Sponsored

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
I was part of this group but swapped to an R1S. Sad.

@atR1S if only. Test drives are impossible unless you get an invite and they won't even listen to requests for test drives.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Honestly with the trucks delivered so far still under NDAs a product schedule calendar that is still in someone’s head a unfilled COO position and the R1S still missing in action I’m not optimistic about delivers in the first quarter of 22

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I think you have to consider the COVID environment we are currently in. I think any possible events or test drives that may have been planned are on pause indefinitely. Without knowing when they might be able to resume, there is nothing to communicate yet.
Valid. Couldn't they let people know if that's the case? "Hey Diddy, we've got a bunch of events lined up ready to rock your world, including near your location. Unfortunately we don't feel it's safe with the current variant going around. As soon as Omicron chills its ass out, we'll get these launched immediately. Thanks for your understanding, and rest assured you're on our invite list and you'll receive an email as soon as things ease up. Sincerely and always yours - RJ

PS - Our first Limestone R1T just rolled off the line. Might as well change your configuration to it right now, because it f-ing sweet. Get ready to have your mind blown. Hugs - RJ"

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Honestly with the trucks delivered so far still under NDAs a product schedule calendar that is still in someone’s head a unfilled COO position and the R1S still missing in action I’m not optimistic about delivers in the first quarter of 22
Yeah, I’m getting a little uneasy about it myself. I haven’t heard anyone from the January to February timelines speak up about deliveries yet, I guess we’ll see at the end of this month
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy