NoICE

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, formerly Tesla 3, Tacoma Off-Road
Clubs

Mar-Apr window, LE R1T, LA Silver with Black Mountain, 20" AT's with Off-Road package. Pre-ordered Sept'19, Metro Detroit area hoping for option of picking it up in Normal.

I'll believe the delivery window when I drive away in my truck. Not holding my breath.....not any more.
Sponsored

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
I'm a March-April 2022 ETA as well... fingers crossed! (#3440, 12/7/2018, Launch Green, Black Mountain, North Seattle area)

Last night was a dreary PNW sort of night... super dark - and dark early, blustery, raining sideways, roads were absolute crap. At 8:45pm, I told my 16 year-old that it was a perfect time to go for a practice drive (still working on getting his license, and he's never experienced what it looks like to drive in a situation where your head lights are useless and the lines on the road are nonexistent).

We did a 5-6 mile loop and were taking the last right turn towards our house, when a set of lights at a Jack in the Box drive thru beamed brightly (super brightly) into the side window of our car. I turned to see what was emitting this blinding light. It was an R1T!

Other than my test-drive in November, I hadn't yet seen one driving in the wild. Now I have, at the local Jack-in-the-Box no less....!! ?

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
As someone with a July - September date

Rivian R1T R1S March - April 2022 Delivery Club/Hype Thread 14a

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I'm a March-April 2022 ETA as well... fingers crossed! (#3440, 12/7/2018, Launch Green, Black Mountain, North Seattle area)

Last night was a dreary PNW sort of night... super dark - and dark early, blustery, raining sideways, roads were absolute crap. At 8:45pm, I told my 16 year-old that it was a perfect time to go for a practice drive (still working on getting his license, and he's never experienced what it looks like to drive in a situation where your head lights are useless and the lines on the road are nonexistent).

We did a 5-6 mile loop and were taking the last right turn towards our house, when a set of lights at a Jack in the Box drive thru beamed brightly (super brightly) into the side window of our car. I turned to see what was emitting this blinding light. It was an R1T!

Other than my test-drive in November, I hadn't yet seen one driving in the wild. Now I have, at the local Jack-in-the-Box no less....!! ?
I'm honestly pleasantly surprised I've managed to avoid on in the area so far. If one shows up in my subdivision before I get mine, we might have a problem.

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
I'm honestly pleasantly surprised I've managed to avoid on in the area so far. If one shows up in my subdivision before I get mine, we might have a problem.
Being upset was my visceral first reaction.

I defensively assumed it was a (hungry) employee who was test driving and that made me feel better. Definitely a safer response than instructing my 16 year-old to go and stalk the person ordering food at a drive thru late in the evening. Though the thought went through my head for a second... but my kid already California-stopped a red light in the rain so I was just looking to get home and not die for the night.

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I think I’m in this group. Was April-May R1S but I changed to an R1T. Jan ’19 order. Currently Compass Yellow, Ocean Coast, 20” AT.

Last edited:

Oak62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 C7 Z51
Yeah, I received the March-April email as well. Very hopeful at this point.

El cap, Ocean coast, 22", deposit in Jan '19.

Finally drove by the Irvine, CA office a few days ago. The warehouse area was full of R1T's and seemed to be a lot of activity going on. It was cool to see. Also quite a few delivery vans in the parking lot. Sorry, no pics, but I'll make my way back up soon and try to get some.

Sponsored

turbome

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I too have March-April delivery date. July 2019 LE order Rivian Blue with 20" all terrains and am located in San Diego.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
March - April delivery estimate. Ordered 11/27/2018. R1S LE, LG, BM, 22's in La Crescenta. When I received the March - April estimate, I had Forest Green configured. I chatted with customer service, they said that the color change would change the estimate, but could not say if it would push it up, or delay it.

I said their website was confusing as it stated you could change colors, tires etc... without losing your place in line. They made note of it and said I was heard.

I'm hopefully I didn't mess up my delivery window by changing colors. We will see...

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
Being upset was my visceral first reaction.

I defensively assumed it was a (hungry) employee who was test driving and that made me feel better. Definitely a safer response than instructing my 16 year-old to go and stalk the person ordering food at a drive thru late in the evening. Though the thought went through my head for a second... but my kid already California-stopped a red light in the rain so I was just looking to get home and not die for the night.
Oh man, I see them pretty frequently... and by "them" I mean the same Rivian Blue one they used for test drives (I think). Based on the number of times I've seen them I expect the Ballard / Phinney Ridge area will be covered in R1's a year from now:)

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

Yeah, I received the March-April email as well. Very hopeful at this point.

El cap, Ocean coast, 22", deposit in Jan '19.

Finally drove by the Irvine, CA office a few days ago. The warehouse area was full of R1T's and seemed to be a lot of activity going on. It was cool to see. Also quite a few delivery vans in the parking lot. Sorry, no pics, but I'll make my way back up soon and try to get some.
By chance you see a Red in the lot? It’s the last one I haven’t seen in person (minus limestone) and I’m not above peaking through their gate. ?

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I'm in March-April too. LE R1T with Off Road package, kitchen, AT 20s (normal), reserved July 2019. Seattle.

I've already had my first drive (exact same configuration) so now I'm just counting days ?
Sponsored