Sponsored

Cadillac Lyriq - debut edition orders accepted

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I'm surprised its built on the same manufacturing line as ICE vehicles. Unless it was just staging for a photo opportunity.
Yea, I saw that as well. I'd say that almost all of the assembly process is the same except for Engine/motor and battery installation. Cadillac/GM probably isn't going to dedicate a production line just quite yet until throughput increases. They may actually be production constrained in offline processes such as battery, motor or other EV specific parts sub-assemblies.
Sponsored

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
At-home Level 2 (AC) charge rates up to 19.2 kW
- Up to 52 miles of range per hour of charge time

Damn not bad at all! Something that I think Rivian could have and most of these larger battery EVs. Not a MUST have but it's must be nice TO have.

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I'm surprised its built on the same manufacturing line as ICE vehicles. Unless it was just staging for a photo opportunity.
My wife and I were discussing it, we it's possible think they have separate lines running in the plant, and only merge the EV line and the ICE line near the end.

The GMC Acadia being built there is the same platform as the Chevy Traverse and Buick Enclave, but interestingly both of those are built at a separate plant. It's likely that plant is already at capacity, and so this is basically spillover.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I've not been a fan of the Lyriq from the start so I haven't paid much attention but just watched a few minutes of the TFL video and, man, it is much smaller than I had realized.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I've not been a fan of the Lyriq from the start so I haven't paid much attention but just watched a few minutes of the TFL video and, man, it is much smaller than I had realized.
I've seen a couple prototypes around, and it really does resemble a hatchback more than a SUV/CUV.

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
talk about a fugly design

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Actual driving reviews are now available, I’ve watched a couple on YouTube, they seem mostly positive. Noise cancellation seems really good.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I got an email invite to check out a Lyriq at the dealer I ordered my Debut Edition from for 10/29. Its probably just a dealer demo model making its rounds. Later that day I started my 8 steps for Rivian. If I did get my R1T this week would it be bad form to show up in a R1T?

Redmond Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (LG, FE, 20"), Tesla Model X
Clubs

You may be asking tongue-in-cheek; but no, it's not bad form at all.

Dealers generally are happy to see people from other brands that are interested in their brand, as conquest customers are harder to get than repeat customers but are key to growth.

It is especially with EVs: for most dealers selling an EV is new, and they are happy to see EV-experienced shoppers - either to ask them questions if they are really just starting out, or because they know an EV-savvy shopper is more likely to buy an EV if they've had a little bit of experience.

Have fun!

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Actual driving reviews are now available, I’ve watched a couple on YouTube, they seem mostly positive. Noise cancellation seems really good.
Frankly I'm amazed we don't have noise cancellation at the R1's price point. It's not like it's lacking the speakers for it.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Frankly I'm amazed we don't have noise cancellation at the R1's price point. It's not like it's lacking the speakers for it.
I agree. Makes no sense not to implement

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I got a call from my dealer yesterday (7/7/23) that my Debut Edition Lyriq (Delayed Edition) had arrived at the dealer. I snagged a reservation in September 2021, at the time GM said they were expecting to start deliveries in Spring 2022. My original plan was to get the Lyriq, and then decide on either keeping it, or flipping it once a Rivian was ready. In September 2022 I got an email where GM said they were expecting all Debut Editions to be built by the end of 2022. So I got the call that my Lyriq DE was ready a little over a year from when I was expecting, based on GMs timelines. I Ordered my R1T after and have been driving it for 7 months. I told the dealer I was no longer interested in it. I would've liked to seen it in person first (just curious about it), but I am working 12 hour shifts this weekend, so I don't really have time to see it. I still haven't seen a Lyriq in person.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I got a call from my dealer yesterday (7/7/23) that my Debut Edition Lyriq (Delayed Edition) had arrived at the dealer. I snagged a reservation in September 2021, at the time GM said they were expecting to start deliveries in Spring 2022. My original plan was to get the Lyriq, and then decide on either keeping it, or flipping it once a Rivian was ready. In September 2022 I got an email where GM said they were expecting all Debut Editions to be built by the end of 2022. So I got the call that my Lyriq DE was ready a little over a year from when I was expecting, based on GMs timelines. I Ordered my R1T after and have been driving it for 7 months. I told the dealer I was no longer interested in it. I would've liked to seen it in person first (just curious about it), but I am working 12 hour shifts this weekend, so I don't really have time to see it. I still haven't seen a Lyriq in person.
Canceled my DE order in March. Now driving my R1S. Cadillac really dropped the ball!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Canceled my DE order in March. Now driving my R1S. Cadillac really dropped the ball!
Main reason I hadn't cancelled earlier was I was curious if my order was dropped or cancelled by the dealer, since I had zero communication to or from them (I doubt they knew anything). I thought maybe I had missed an email or something and it was cancelled. But I also haven't seen any Lyriqs on the road, and only one person I work with has seen one, once. After a certain point, it became humorous. But no, GM was just slow. But if all the Debut Editions were built in 2022 like they said they were expecting, that would mean its just been sitting in a lot for 6-7 months until GM fixed whatever they needed to fix (hardware or software or service training). Reading posts in forums about Lyriq owner experiences were full of red flags also, hopefully GM get those figured out. I am sure those posts were one of the many reasons GM wasn't delivering (product not ready for full rollout).
Sponsored