First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I just wish there was a black rim option for the 21" wheels. :(

pat----
If I go 21" on Red Canyon or Compass Yellow I will likely get them painted darker. About $100/wheel properly painted with my choice of automotive paint, not plastidipped.
Sponsored

psklenar

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
If I go 21" on Red Canyon or Compass Yellow I will likely get them painted darker. About $100/wheel properly painted with my choice of automotive paint, not plastidipped.
Hmmm ... i wonder if there's anyplace local to me that would be able to do a good, durable job like that for me? more research to do.

pat----

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Hmmm ... i wonder if there's anyplace local to me that would be able to do a good, durable job like that for me? more research to do.

pat----
Very likely. Look for wheel repair services. Can also check with body shops or perhaps new car dealers. My oldest son is a Lexus Master Tech and their luxury brand complex has a wheel repair guy that comes around regularly. My son has used theirs to paint wheels before.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

pat----
Any competent wheel refinishing place, or bodyshop.

68wske

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
Occupation
RN
Hello,
Just wanted to stay up to date on CY and just found this thread. I probably have bounced back and fourth between Rivian Blue and Canyon Red at least a dozen times, but now that I've configured CY, I am excited about delivery.

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
I'll have more to post soon about the whole experience, but I just picked up my Compass Yellow R1T at the factory yesterday! Everything was great, truck drove the 300 miles home without issue (excluding Driver+ only working on a small part of the drive).

She's beautiful! The color is truly hard to capture. I'd describe it best as margarine rather than mustard. These were taken with my dSLR, so hopefully they do a good job representing the color.

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos IMG_0321.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos IMG_0339.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos IMG_0309.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos IMG_0312.JPG

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos IMG_0317.JPG

Mcdubjr

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventurehightech.com
Vehicles
Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Guy
Clubs

I'll have more to post soon about the whole experience, but I just picked up my Compass Yellow R1T at the factory yesterday! Everything was great, truck drove the 300 miles home without issue (excluding Driver+ only working on a small part of the drive).

She's beautiful! The color is truly hard to capture. I'd describe it best as margarine rather than mustard. These were taken with my dSLR, so hopefully they do a good job representing the color.

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG
So excited for you! Looks amazing.

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG
Looks so good. I feel like the shots taken indoors are the best representation of the color.

how many charging stops did you make on the way home?

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Looks so good. I feel like the shots taken indoors are the best representation of the color.
This is true, it's definitely closer to the lighter color in person. But it also shifts dramatically based on how the light hits it. In deep shadow, it can look almost gold (my least favorite side of it), and in bright sun it does look almost as bright as the photos above.

how many charging stops did you make on the way home?
Only one, and that was pretty short! It was ready to make it home before we hit the bathrooms and got our order of food. (We ended up standing around the tailgate and eating because the restaurant was closing.) The EA charger hit 192kWh, and slowly tapered off to 150kWh or so.

I had asked them to charge it fully the day before, and they did. I left the factory with 99% battery. Drove home exclusively in conserve mode, mostly leaving it on lowest. Range estimator was about 293 miles @ 100%, but the last leg I stopped driving as conservatively (started going over 75mph). Looks like it would have been just over 2 miles/kWh. Got home with ~90 miles of range left, I forget the exact percentage. Definitely no range anxiety.

The biggest effect on our drive home is we were returning with the Tesla (2015 Model S 85D). Something has changed with that, and for some reason it would only give us ~250 miles of range. We know that's not right, but I think it's partially the different tires (I had to switch to a Continental because the original spec are no longer in production), and Tesla pulling some garbage throttling the 85kWh batteries so they don't have to replace them. We used to get great charging speeds, but now it seems to cap out at <90kW, and tapers off dramatically to <50kW. So charging is slower, and my range is reduced.

At any rate, we had to charge the Tesla twice, even though we've going much further with less charging in the past. So the Rivian just chilled while the Tesla slurped up some electrons in Chapaign, then I found a place in Indianapolis that had both EA and Tesla chargers close by, so we could drop off one car and drive over to charge the second. It all went fairly smooth.

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Do you think the Yeti yellow will compliment or clash with Rivian yellow?

Rivian R1T R1S COMPASS YELLOW R1T Photos large-Alpine-Yellow-All-Product

Sponsored