First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
I do find the Lyriq to be an incredibly appealing option over all, though I’m still a little concerned it’s smaller than I’d want it to be. I really hope they come out with a higher performance version in the future.

According to a poster on Reddit, black exterior or interior for the Lyriq will delay delivery into the fall. Did either of you hear that from your dealer?
I also like it, but to me it's a bit crazy to spend over 60k on a midsize SUV when for around 8k more you can get so much more capability with the R1T. It's also why I can't see getting a Model Y at the moment. 60k for an 80kWh battery and 2 motors vs 68k for a 135kWh battery and 4 motors and struck bed...and air suspension.
Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I also like it, but to me it's a bit crazy to spend over 60k on a midsize SUV when for around 8k more you can get so much more capability with the R1T. It's also why I can't see getting a Model Y at the moment. 60k for an 80kWh battery and 2 motors vs 68k for a 135kWh battery and 4 motors and struck bed...and air suspension.
I don't necessarily disagree, but if GMs production timeline holds up I will get one this spring, or early summer. I made a R1T reservation a few weeks later after the Lyriq reservation (Sep 2021), and "latest" timeline for that is 2022 Q4, and I have more faith in GMs timeline than Rivians. I think I will take the Lyriq to hold over until the Rivian is ready, which is starting to look longer and longer. If Rivian was fulfilling some of the Jan/Feb orders, to the early reservation holders, I would have more faith in my timeline with them. Also, Rivian qualifies for current tax incentive, and the Lyriq does not, also narrowing the price difference. Also, like it or not, GM does have a somewhat known service model if needed. My Cadillac dealer said MSRP, and although I don't think Rivian will raise prices for current reservation holders, we don't know that, especially as far out as some reservations are.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I'm still on the fence of replacing my Model S with the Lyriq or keeping both. The Model S will be out of bumper to bumper warranty in May so either I'd have to spend about $3-4K for an extended warranty or cross fingers that nothing major fails. I should be able to get almost $60K for it so selling/trading would be a wash for the cost of the Lyriq.
I usually get rid of vehicles once I don't trust them anymore, warranty or not. But I usually only have had one vehicle.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Definitely think I will be following through with the Debut Lyriq now, and keeping it longer that I thought, as long as the dealer follows through at MSRP as they said they would. Maybe Rivians next product will be a better match for me, but every manufacturer is getting in the EV game.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Definitely think I will be following through with the Debut Lyriq now, and keeping it longer that I thought, as long as the dealer follows through at MSRP as they said they would. Maybe Rivians next product will be a better match for me, but every manufacturer is getting in the EV game.
Yep ... I'm still on target to stick with my Lyriq order once it arrives. I'll wait till mid March to ping the dealer to see if she knows anything! I'm sticking with my R1S reservation for now, but with it at $94525 vs original $79625, its becoming a harder pill to swallow! Original plan was to swap my Model S for the Lyriq and the Telluride for the R1S. I may need to reconsider as I don't really 100% need the size of the R1S and the Lyriq may be good enough size-wise. This opened up the possibility of keeping my Lucid Air reservation. Was on the fence to cancel that, but will wait until the dust settles. I'd recommend for anyone rage-canceling their preorder, just to hold on and decide when you need to commit that reservation into an order. MANY more changes can still happen!!!

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Yep ... I'm still on target to stick with my Lyriq order once it arrives. I'll wait till mid March to ping the dealer to see if she knows anything! I'm sticking with my R1S reservation for now, but with it at $94525 vs original $79625, its becoming a harder pill to swallow! Original plan was to swap my Model S for the Lyriq and the Telluride for the R1S. I may need to reconsider as I don't really 100% need the size of the R1S and the Lyriq may be good enough size-wise. This opened up the possibility of keeping my Lucid Air reservation. Was on the fence to cancel that, but will wait until the dust settles. I'd recommend for anyone rage-canceling their preorder, just to hold on and decide when you need to commit that reservation into an order. MANY more changes can still happen!!!
I am also going to comment in another thread, I don't think I will immediately cancel my Rivian order (which went from $80,100 to $98,100), I highly doubt I would follow through with a R1T order, definitely not in my current configuration, but I may just wait to cancel until they call to finalize (was supposed to be 2022 Oct-Dec, now it now it may be next week).

Tomgriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS 70D, 2017 Chevy Bolt Premier, T700
I'd recommend for anyone rage-canceling their preorder, just to hold on and decide when you need to commit that reservation into an order. MANY more changes can still happen!!!
The price increase makes R1T for me over $90K. Will wait to see what happens when my time comes. A lot of things can happen in the next year, particularly how supply chain issues are working out, what are new/used car prices doing and what happens with EV tax credits.

OP
OP

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
The current price increase made my decision to place an order for Lyriq debut edition as a smart move.

Rivian bait and switch tactic is making me to think is it worth the risk of buying a first year R1S? They have clearly demonstrated their incompetence in communication, execution, integrity and accountability. Executives made their fortune by fooling market with high number of pre orders.

Don’t think now I can trust Rivian, also not sure how long they are going to survive as a business.

I will be sticking with traditional brands for now, good or bad.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Looks like the numbers have changed a little bit.

R1T7777

First Name
CaliSurfer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Propagandist
Looks like the numbers have changed a little bit.
I was worried this would happen. I'm out. My hope was they'd honor prices for preorders to build a loyal customer base...but nope.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
And here's some raw production video for those that may be interested ....

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

And here's some raw production video for those that may be interested ....
Hmmm...not a fan of the charge door closing at about 5:41. Pushing that button makes it look like the entire body panel moves with it. Seems odd.

Also, I really wish the Lyriq was just a little bigger.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Hmmm...not a fan of the charge door closing at about 5:41. Pushing that button makes it look like the entire body panel moves with it. Seems odd.

Also, I really wish the Lyriq was just a little bigger.
Yea, that caught my eye as well. The entire port assembly deflected inwards. Hope it gets resolved. One positive observation (for me at least) is that the little door grabs were added to the front doors for final production (a la Mach-E). I saw these on videos of the Chinese made Lyric but was unsure if US was going to get them.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I'm surprised its built on the same manufacturing line as ICE vehicles. Unless it was just staging for a photo opportunity.
Sponsored