ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I'm debating on the 20's vs 22's for the wheels. Heart and eyes want 22's, Pennsylvania roads want 20's. If I go through with the purchase. I think this will come about a year before the Rivian is ready (late Sep 2021 Rivian order).
Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I will end up with both, I fully believe my Rivian April delivery date will slide again. Rivian has become my back-up purchase.
I agree with you. I may do the same, or do what @Tim-in-CA suggested.

I’d keep the Lyriq reservation and complete the order process. You can refuse delivery when the car arrives and get your $100 back.
Thanks. I didn't know you could do that.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
A reservation is not a purchase.

Purchasing does not open until summer 2022.
Reservation same as a Pre order like same as us right now but either way they are not accepting new ones at this time . Are you saying you can go to the dealer and put down the whole amount and order it?

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

Reservation same as a Pre order like same as us right now but either way they are not accepting new ones at this time . Are you saying you can go to the dealer and put down the whole amount and order it?
No I am not saying that. I did not realize there is a small special group of Cadillac Lyriqs being manufactured in 2022. The site currently says 2023.

A 100.00 reservation is not a pre order. But apparently this select small group can order now.

Actually I have no interest in the Lyriq. I purchased a MME.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

A 100.00 reservation is not a pre order. But apparently this select small group can order now.
Not really any different than Rivians deposit method.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I agree with you. I may do the same, or do what @Tim-in-CA suggested.

Thanks. I didn't know you could do that.
yep. I specifically asked that question when I spoke to the dealer. They placed the order for the vehicle, and when it comes in I can go in to check it out. If I don’t like the vehicle for any reason, seeing as there are no demo units to see, I can refuse delivery and I will get my $100 reservation fee refunded. I also confirmed that they will not be playing any typical dealer tricks, will not be adding any extra options or dealer markup, and not make sale of the vehicle contingent on financing at the dealership. Hopefully all of this is true when the vehicle eventually comes in. I might replace my model S with this vehicle, or just hold onto both until my R1S eventually comes in.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
No I am not saying that. I did not realize there is a small special group of Cadillac Lyriqs being manufactured in 2022. The site currently says 2023.

I also do not have interest in anything Cadillac has available either, but it is interesting.
True. My point is that a reservation or pre order is not a purchase order.

[/QUOTE
True. My point is that a reservation or pre order is not a purchase order.
it will be if you Want it to be. Your spot in line is held for you. The option to purchase is there when it opens up for you. Before anyone else has the chance. Let’s not split hairs, you are on a forum of such a thing.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

I also do not have interest in anything Cadillac has available either, but it is interesting.
Exactly! Reservation or pre order is a place holder and not a purchase order. As a place holder you have the option to or not to. Once you decide to buy then you enter into a purchase agreement.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Called my local Cadillac Dealer and they told me they are not accepting new reservations so I can’t order one, I tried the first day and the website wouldn’t work.

Sponsored

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Exactly! Reservation or pre order is a place holder and not a purchase order. As a place holder you have the option to or not to. Once you decide to buy then you enter into a purchase agreement.
Thankfully we do not have to deal with a dealership, but it sounds like they found a good one and were not marking it up, I guess we’ll see, like you said.

OP
OP

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60

its 2023 Model, but expected delivery date of March 2022. I did call the dealer again today to confirm the delivery dates and he mentioned Cadillac is working hard to deliver by March 2022. Fingers crossed! Nothing is for real until I see car in my driveway.

Rivian was my first choice unfortunately I need a car ASAP. Whenever my R1S is ready will decide on what to do with my pre-order.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
For the Hummer, GM is contacting the reservation holders by reservation number and giving them 3 weeks to convert it to an order, if not converted they go to the back of the line. Apparently 50 orders have been taken and deliveries will start in about 10 days. Everyone with a confirmed Edition 1 has a delivery window email for the coming year. The Lyric is supposed to be working the same way.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

For the Hummer, GM is contacting the reservation holders by reservation number and giving them 3 weeks to convert it to an order, if not converted they go to the back of the line. Apparently 50 orders have been taken and deliveries will start in about 10 days. Everyone with a confirmed Edition 1 has a delivery window email for the coming year. The Lyric is supposed to be working the same way.
Will the Hummers delivered in 10 days be 2022 or 2023 models? I am confused are Lyriqs being delivered in March of 2022 be 2023 models as it states on their website?

Last edited:

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Will the Hummers delivered in 10 days be 2022 or 2023 models? I am confused are Lyriqs being delivered in March of 2022 be 2023 models as it states on their website?
2023 according to my email.
Sponsored