Cadillac Lyriq - debut edition orders accepted

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
Will the Hummers delivered in 10 days be 2022 or 2023 models? I am confused are Lyriqs being delivered in March of 2022 be 2023 models as it states on their website?
My email from the dealer and the order form state 2023 model. Here are additional comments from his email about production dates:

"Orders are placed between now and the 17th of December. Production should start at the end of the 1st quarter (March) 2022. Delivery should start 8 to 10 weeks after production starts which would be the beginning of June. Once the order is placed, I will follow and check up on it about every two weeks letting you know of any changes in the status of the order. Once the order is in production I will check and update you weekly."
Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Will the Hummers delivered in 10 days be 2022 or 2023 models? I am confused are Lyriqs being delivered in March of 2022 be 2023 models as it states on their website?
You cannot legally produce a 2023 model until January 1, 2022. Hummer EV will launch as a 2022 model and Lyriq will launch as a 2023 model.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

My dealer said MSRP, no markup. Went with Silver/Gray/22's. Expecting Rivian about a year after this (Sep 21 order, so maybe 2023 Q1). Right now, intending to purchase Lyriq and trade it when the Rivian is ready, unless I am happy with the Lyriq and don't fell like spending an extra $20k. But my mood may change by the time the Lyriq comes in. Tax incentives can change my mind also, if they stay the same the Rivian is "only" about $12k more. I am in a spot where I don't need a new car for awhile.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
I'd actually have considered putting in an order for one of these. I like the style, I think they'll hold value, and have lots of great features, even if they don't have a frunk.

But for some reason, you can't order one in any color. For some reason, that bugs me enough to be a deal breaker.

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I'd actually have considered putting in an order for one of these. I like the style, I think they'll hold value, and have lots of great features, even if they don't have a frunk.

But for some reason, you can't order one in any color. For some reason, that bugs me enough to be a deal breaker.
More colors are eventually coming for the Lyriq, and AWD. I have an order for one of the debut editions, but will probably pass on it for the R1T. As of right now, GM has no tax incentive. The Lyriq is $60k, the Adventure Rivian (R1T or R1S) about $75k, minus current $7500 tax incentive, so the Rivian is about $8k more, but includes 4wd, and another 500ish Hp. One could argue startup vs dealer network for service about them. But I think the main thing for me is I am replacing an Acura RDX, which is fine, and works, and gets me from point A to point B, but I want something I enjoy more, and the Lyriq just seems like a newer, electric version of what I already have.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
More colors are eventually coming for the Lyriq, and AWD. I have an order for one of the debut editions, but will probably pass on it for the R1T. As of right now, GM has no tax incentive. The Lyriq is $60k, the Adventure Rivian (R1T or R1S) about $75k, minus current $7500 tax incentive, so the Rivian is about $8k more, but includes 4wd, and another 500ish Hp. One could argue startup vs dealer network for service about them. But I think the main thing for me is I am replacing an Acura RDX, which is fine, and works, and gets me from point A to point B, but I want something I enjoy more, and the Lyriq just seems like a newer, electric version of what I already have.
I'm moving forward with my Debut Edition Lyriq order as it most likely will replace my 2018 Model S 75D (which is soon to be out of bumper-to-bumper warranty). The Lyriq also has many more "luxury" features (which I prefer) over the Tesla. I'll probably keep both for a bit to compare, I know the Model S will be faster and I'll lose my free supercharging, but just worried about potential service issues in the future (based on my MANY service appointments in the past). My R1S will replace my Telluride when it arrives first half 2023!!

Last edited:

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Only offering RWD for the Debut Edition killed my interest in the Lyriq more than anything. Having only one color seems to be a consistent thing with GM and first edition EVs, as the Hummer is the same way (not sure about Silverado). I do like the debut color but it would be nice to have choices.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

At the pace Rivian seems to be following through with the Jan/Feb deliveries, it's looking more and more like I will follow through with the Lyriq purchase. My R1T 2022 Q4 delivery isn't looking good less than two months into the year. If the Jan/Feb deliveries are slipping a few months, stands to reason everyone else behind them will also. That being said, although the Lyriq is "ahead of schedule" according to GM, its still not at dealers, although I think GM was estimating in the Spring 2022. I have more faith in GM to hit a schedule than any of the startups.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
At the pace Rivian seems to be following through with the Jan/Feb deliveries, it's looking more and more like I will follow through with the Lyriq purchase. My R1T 2022 Q4 delivery isn't looking good less than two months into the year. If the Jan/Feb deliveries are slipping a few months, stands to reason everyone else behind them will also. That being said, although the Lyriq is "ahead of schedule" according to GM, its still not at dealers, although I think GM was estimating in the Spring 2022. I have more faith in GM to hit a schedule than any of the startups.
From what I read on "the internet", Cadillac will start production in March, that will mean dealers should start getting them in April-ish timeframe. Not sure if they are prioritizing any specific area for delivery, but seeing as the only real option is 22 vs standard 20" rims, there should be no added complexity to the build process (over and above production of a new model/platform). I'm still on the fence of replacing my Model S with the Lyriq or keeping both. The Model S will be out of bumper to bumper warranty in May so either I'd have to spend about $3-4K for an extended warranty or cross fingers that nothing major fails. I should be able to get almost $60K for it so selling/trading would be a wash for the cost of the Lyriq. My R1S isn't scheduled until first half 23, but I'm preparing myself for 2nd half 23. At that time, I'll replace my Telluride with the R1S. I still have a Lucid Air order hanging out there - Expected late 22 (but honestly will end up being early 23) delivery. If I'm not happy with the Lyriq, I "might" replace with the Lucid. And if the Aptera ever comes to fruition, that would end up being a toy to have, but 50/50 if they will deliver by 2024. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Man, some of you change cars more than I change underwear.
And I try to change underwear daily.
”try”? I used to be an ambitious man too. Now the condition of my underwear is such a well guarded secret (kinda like Chernobyl) that anyone that has been exposed was terminated (mostly by choice and through suicide).

I have no idea how my account is not suspended yet with all the late night crap I post.

p.s. I do share your sentiment; My main reservation about Rivian is if I can afford to keep it after warranty.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Man, some of you change cars more than I change underwear.

And I try to change underwear daily.
It’s easier just to go commando! ??=??

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
…..the condition of my underwear is such a well guarded secret (kinda like Chernobyl) that anyone that has been exposed was terminated….
It’s easier just to go commando! ??=??
Note to self: do NOT under any circumstance buy a car from Max or Tim.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

It's a nice EV, But could not work for us. The Lyric has a single electric motor with 340 HP and 325 lbs/ft of torque. The Lyric would have trouble handling my 7,500# Airstream travel trailer.

Brian
Sponsored