Sponsored

Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Their stuff is extra beefy aluminum. I have no worries based on watching install and how there is no play in the unit whatsoever.

Also, someone asked earlier. I have the 21 length installed on mine. I don't think you want to go any higher to avoid looking too goofy. They have 2.5 extensions I will use for my tent so will see what type of clearance from fin that gives me. Once I get it all setup will send pics.

They also said they will have an option to add another extrusion section on the top bars on rack for clearance as well so rack can remain below truck cab.

Again, great hardworking group excited to bring an awesome option for our trucks. I came across them through a lot of research to find best rack for my Ram. Decided theirs was best option and then found out they were in my city and then got my Rivian shop access unexpectedly. The rest is soon to be history and excited we have this option for our relatively small truck community.
Were you able to mount your tent?
Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Were you able to mount your tent?
Sorry been busy, but answer is yes. See attached. The Xtrusion guys haven't seen it yet but will be taking by in next 2 weeks or so for them to check everything out to ensure my test right and extensions working as planned. Haven't had a chance to really drive much so will give impressions later this week. It is rock solid.

A few Observations. Top Rivian bars clear fin, optical illusion makes it look like they dont. 2 1/4 needed from my rack to stay level with them. I also have IKamper with the 1 inch t rail. So overall I could probably go with 1.5 spacers vs 2.5 but probably good to have a little room over fin just in case.

I have 8 foot garage and in normal stance have about 1.5 inch clearance. Probably enter in sport just to be safe. I also have 21s and I think 20s add an inch. So will be very tight with those on.

Also I didn't have bolts tightened down in photo but took to ensure good light from sun, so don't worry lol.

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 20230319_182353

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 20230319_182400

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 20230319_182405

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 20230319_182423

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 20230319_182448

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 20230319_182459

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 20230319_185047

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 20230319_202308

chuckles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Sorry been busy, but answer is yes. See attached. The Xtrusion guys haven't seen it yet but will be taking by in next 2 weeks or so for them to check everything out to ensure my test right and extensions working as planned. Haven't had a chance to really drive much so will give impressions later this week. It is rock solid.

A few Observations. Top Rivian bars clear fin, optical illusion makes it look like they dont. 2 1/4 needed from my rack to stay level with them. I also have IKamper with the 1 inch t rail. So overall I could probably go with 1.5 spacers vs 2.5 but probably good to have a little room over fin just in case.

I have 8 foot garage and in normal stance have about 1.5 inch clearance. Probably enter in sport just to be safe. I also have 21s and I think 20s add an inch. So will be very tight with those on.

Also I didn't have bolts tightened down in photo but took to ensure good light from sun, so don't worry lol.

20230319_182353.jpg

20230319_182400.jpg

20230319_182405.jpg

20230319_182423.jpg

20230319_182448.jpg

20230319_182459.jpg

20230319_185047.jpg

20230319_202308.jpg
Amazing! I have been researching for weeks, looking for exactly your set-up pictured here! Thank you so much for posting this information, it's really helped me. I am looking to get a full size iKamper Skycamp 3.0 and will need to install it on a rack that can clear the cab and cross bars on top of the cab.

I'd really love to have the xtrusion bed rack height be even with the spoiler (when no RTT attached, love the look/aerodynamics of the rack at spoiler height), and then use spacers high enough to clear the radio fin, and ideally the stock cross bars installed on top of the cab.

What is the height of your xtrusion bed rack exactly? And how tall are the spacers they provided?

Asked another way, what is the lowest height the bed rack can be to be able to get a full size roof top tent to clear using spacers? :)

Any help appreciated! Thanks again for being so awesome with posting the pics and info.

Sponsored

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Did you receive it?
Sure did, received and installed on Thursday. Used this weekend for camping. Over the moon with this setup. I have a bunch of brackets/mounts on order for axe/shovel, tred pros, antenna, etc.

So far I've added the Yakima basket and Waterport.

A few pics:
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_2220
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_2231

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_2240

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_2249

First Name
Natasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5
Clubs

Sure did, received and installed on Thursday. Used this weekend for camping. Over the moon with this setup. I have a bunch of brackets/mounts on order for axe/shovel, tred pros, antenna, etc.

So far I've added the Yakima basket and Waterport.

A few pics:
IMG_2220.jpg
IMG_2231.jpeg

IMG_2240.jpeg

IMG_2249.jpeg
OOF!!! That is FIYAHHH!!! Love love love it. Excellent choice. Got me amped for my delivery. Heard word that I'm in the queue. Exciting times! Thanks for sharing pics! ENJOY!

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

That looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Porsche Spyder, ‘22 NSX Type S, ‘20 Rubicon
Clubs

Just received my Xtrusion rack as well. Still a few weeks away from our first camping trip so more to come.

In the meantime, here are some shots. Enjoy!

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_1540
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_1541
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_1542
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_1543
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_1544
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_1545
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_1546

krockett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser
Clubs

Just received my Xtrusion rack as well. Still a few weeks away from our first camping trip so more to come.

In the meantime, here are some shots. Enjoy!
Looks great! What height rack did you go with, 16/17? Would love to see what it looks like from the over the bed camera.

Sponsored

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
and those end-caps with Xtrusion written on them, did you choose the unfinished for contrast vs the powdercoated?

sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

and those end-caps with Xtrusion written on them, did you choose the unfinished for contrast vs the powdercoated?
Exactly. I’m all about the contrast 😊

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
Looks great! What height rack did you go with, 16/17? Would love to see what it looks like from the over the bed camera.
like krockett, wondering what the over bed camera looks like and what height you went with. Trying to go as tall as possible in the 16-18 range without blocking the camera completely. Camera looks to be about 18" from the bed.

sonystyle02

First Name
Sony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

like krockett, wondering what the over bed camera looks like and what height you went with. Trying to go as tall as possible in the 16-18 range without blocking the camera completely. Camera looks to be about 18" from the bed.
I went with a 16” setup. Here’s some more detailed shots -
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_1548
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_1551

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
How easy is it to unmount the whole rack, and is it feasible to lift it off the vehicle for storage while fully laden?

One thing I've enjoyed with my factory crossbar mounted solution is that I can simply unlock the latches and lift the entire setup off my truck in 3 minutes. It can then hang of my garage ceiling until ready for next adventure, at which point another few min to lower in down and lock down the bars to be ready to go.

It would be great to be able lift this whole rack of the truck in the same way. Wondering if possible.

IMG_1275.jpg
I unbolted my XO rack and RTT assembly and hoisted it this weekend. There are 3 threaded bolts per column - 12 total. Took about 20 minutes to unbolt - not exactly quick release but pretty easy. Here is the hoisted assembly

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_6945
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_6949
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_6948
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_6950
Sponsored