seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

I’m very interested in a quick-release system for a hoist setup, as well.
Sponsored

MStillman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
Bar Owner
How easy is it to unmount the whole rack, and is it feasible to lift it off the vehicle for storage while fully laden?

One thing I've enjoyed with my factory crossbar mounted solution is that I can simply unlock the latches and lift the entire setup off my truck in 3 minutes. It can then hang of my garage ceiling until ready for next adventure, at which point another few min to lower in down and lock down the bars to be ready to go.

It would be great to be able lift this whole rack of the truck in the same way. Wondering if possible.

IMG_1275.jpg
I just ordered mine but went with a 19 inch height for various reasons. I spoke with them about the same issue. I’d also love to connect and disconnect the entire rack like the stock rack. Unfortunately, there’s no way they could support 800 lbs of road / 1500 lbs static just using the stock mount. They have a solid system though with U bolts which really doesn’t take long to disconnect the whole rig.

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
IIRC, I saw a video or read a description about detaching the rack, without detaching the Xtrusion base rails. I think it was like 3 bolts at the based of each leg. Hardly a monumental task. But, if time is money……. 😊 Oh, wait. Any quick release system will surely set you back $100+. Having said that, with all the combined weight, loading it all back on with proper bolt alignment may present a challenge 🤷🏼‍♂️ Or, not.

Last edited:

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
I have the test rack on my truck. Great guys that make an outstanding product in the Midwest. I had to go tall as will be have a full size ikamper I found used for a great price.

They are making about 2 inch extension connectors for the tent to get above the damn too large shark fin.

This is a test version so ignore the silver parts as they will be powder coated in final product. Also there will be end caps as well on final version. It will be 3 bolts ea main connections for 12 in total so not bad at all for those that want to remove tent with rack.

The rack is rock solid and all of their modularity options are amazing. They had over 20 customers that came in this weekend from many states away to celebrate their new building. All customers were effusive on their product and customer service. In the 2 months I have known them I feel the same way.

More pics to come but here are a few crappy phone pics.

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 20230303_174832

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 20230303_174845

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I have the test rack on my truck. Great guys that make an outstanding product in the Midwest. I had to go tall as will be have a full size ikamper I found used for a great price.

They are making about 2 inch extension connectors for the tent to get above the damn too large shark fin.

This is a test version so ignore the silver parts as they will be powder coated in final product. Also there will be end caps as well on final version. It will be 3 bolts ea main connections for 12 in total so not bad at all for those that want to remove tent with rack.

The rack is rock solid and all of their modularity options are amazing. They had over 20 customers that came in this weekend from many states away to celebrate their new building. All customers were effusive on their product and customer service. In the 2 months I have known them I feel the same way.

20230303_174832.jpg

20230303_174845.jpg
How tall is that rack? It sounds like your goal is to clear the antenna fin. For my purposes, I would only want to clear the spoiler, all the way to the antenna fin, but not over it. Thanks for the pix! Look forward to more, I would love to see a side view that would show clearance over the spoiler.

Sponsored

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How tall is that rack? It sounds like your goal is to clear the antenna fin. For my purposes, I would only want to clear the spoiler, all the way to the antenna fin, but not over it. Thanks for the pix! Look forward to more, I would love to see a side view that would show clearance over the spoiler.
I'm pretty sure they said 21 but will measure tomorrow for sure.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Thanks for sharing! Love the CY!

The XTR1 is definitely on my radar. All the feedback on this brand seems to be really positive. The rack looks great, and I love the modularity, too.

I’m very interested in seeing your setup with a full-size Skycamp. I’m considering going the same route as the Mini is just too small to fit my wife and I, and our two young boys.

Do you think XO will make a roof rack that matches the bed rack?

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

20230303_174832.jpg

20230303_174845.jpg
I really appreciate your post. I’m in a similar situation and it’s really helpful to see your rack. I also want to mount a long RTT. I was thinking of ordering an 18” rack and using 3.5” risers like these. Do you think 21.5” would be high enough to get a tent over the antenna? I think I’d rather have a shorter rack that’s even with the roof when I take the tent off. I’d love to see more photos of your setup.

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
I really appreciate your post. I’m in a similar situation and it’s really helpful to see your rack. I also want to mount a long RTT. I was thinking of ordering an 18” rack and using 3.5” risers like these. Do you think 21.5” would be high enough to get a tent over the antenna? I think I’d rather have a shorter rack that’s even with the roof when I take the tent off. I’d love to see more photos of your setup.
The $64K questions - How tall of a rack to clear the spoiler all the way to, but NOT over, the antenna (my preferred option)? AND, how tall of a rack to clear the antenna ( your preferred option)? Seems pretty simple. Now that they have fitted a rack to an R1T, Xtrusion should be able to answer these two questions. Xtrusion says they will have spacers. So, I’m assuming an 18”/19” rack with appropriate spacers might have you covered.

If all else failed, I was thinking of just ordering and extra crossbar, cutting it into sections, then stacking them on the original crossbars to achieve the desired height. Seemed like it would be pretty simple and one could still use those nifty RTT mounting brackets that Xtrusion has. Any way, it will all work out 😊

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

The $64K questions - How tall of a rack to clear the spoiler all the way to, but NOT over, the antenna (my preferred option)? AND, how tall of a rack to clear the antenna ( your preferred option)? Seems pretty simple. Now that they have fitted a rack to an R1T, Xtrusion should be able to answer these two questions. Xtrusion says they will have spacers. So, I’m assuming an 18”/19” rack with appropriate spacers might have you covered.

If all else failed, I was thinking of just ordering and extra crossbar, cutting it into sections, then stacking them on the original crossbars to achieve the desired height. Seemed like it would be pretty simple and one could still use those nifty RTT mounting brackets that Xtrusion has. Any way, it will all work out 😊
Those are exactly the two numbers I want to know.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Clearing the fin requires 22.5-22.75”. My roof rack sits 24” off the top of the bed and is ~1.25” over the fin. Clearing the spoiler would be about 18.5” 19.5-20” but haven’t measured that exactly the height to the base of the fin..

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland C8AE42DA-185D-4EB3-8A6C-06151A24D73F

Last edited:
OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Clearing the fin requires 22 3/4”. My roof rack sits 24” off the top of the bed and is 1 1/4” over the fin. Clearing the spoiler would be about 18.5” but haven’t measured that exactly the height to the fin..

C8AE42DA-185D-4EB3-8A6C-06151A24D73F.jpeg
Hey, thanks! We’re making progress! If you go to measuring again, I would love to know the exact distance from the lip of the spoiler to the trailing edge of the shark fin antenna.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470

Looks great. Did they give any indication where they are against their original timeline, which had them shipping March 15th? I emailed them last week and haven't heard back, which is usually bad news...

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Those are exactly the two numbers I want to know.
I will know for sure by next week once have Ikamper up there. Just a little more patience and we will have all the measurements and options for everyone with large tents.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks great. Did they give any indication where they are against their original timeline, which had them shipping March 15th? I emailed them last week and haven't heard back, which is usually bad news...
I can ask later this week when I pick up the tent connectors. Since everything went well with test fitting this unit I believe they are very close.
Sponsored