Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Hey, thanks! We’re making progress! If you go to measuring again, I would love to know the exact distance from the lip of the spoiler to the trailing edge of the shark fin antenna.
Looks like about 9.5”. Also to correct a previous statement it looks like the height at the base of the fin is closer to 19.5-20”.

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 0277E968-0808-489A-8455-AC84DEF1F8F6

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Yeah, I was afraid that the base of the fin might actually be above the spoiler lip a bit. Darn. Thanks for the updates!

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Clearing the fin requires 22.5-22.75”. My roof rack sits 24” off the top of the bed and is ~1.25” over the fin. Clearing the spoiler would be about 18.5” 19.5-20” but haven’t measured that exactly the height to the base of the fin..

C8AE42DA-185D-4EB3-8A6C-06151A24D73F.jpeg
It looks like there might be a side benefit to getting a 19+ inch rack over the 18 inch. It should clear the high center stoplight.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Looks like about 9.5”. Also to correct a previous statement it looks like the height at the base of the fin is closer to 19.5-20”.

0277E968-0808-489A-8455-AC84DEF1F8F6.jpeg
So are you keeping the Ruff Rax roof top and doing XTR bed rack?

Anyone know if XTR will do a roof rack, I mostly say that due to them not having them for other vehicles.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

So are you keeping the Ruff Rax roof top and doing XTR bed rack?

Anyone know if XTR will do a roof rack, I mostly say that due to them not having them for other vehicles.
Oh no. I’m not getting a bed rack. I have other plans 😉

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Oh no. I’m not getting a bed rack. I have other plans 😉
Ah whatcha doing? I'm trying to find some roof solution as I don't really 'need' bed racks I just want something for a simple canopy/changing/shower setup as I rarely ever actually camp.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Nice! Do you like your roof rack other than CS issues? Wind noise or anything?
No wind noise issues. I did have some figment issues that he should have corrected for any new outgoing racks. Also he did make everything right in the end. Overall he is a nice guy but doesn’t have anyone to delegate some smaller tasks so he is a bit overwhelmed I think.

Sponsored

cavalierkingcharles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I have the test rack on my truck. Great guys that make an outstanding product in the Midwest. I had to go tall as will be have a full size ikamper I found used for a great price.

They are making about 2 inch extension connectors for the tent to get above the damn too large shark fin.

This is a test version so ignore the silver parts as they will be powder coated in final product. Also there will be end caps as well on final version. It will be 3 bolts ea main connections for 12 in total so not bad at all for those that want to remove tent with rack.

The rack is rock solid and all of their modularity options are amazing. They had over 20 customers that came in this weekend from many states away to celebrate their new building. All customers were effusive on their product and customer service. In the 2 months I have known them I feel the same way.

More pics to come but here are a few crappy phone pics.

20230303_174832.jpg

20230303_174845.jpg
Thank you for the pictures. I'm excited to see this come out!

Can you share some info on how it's actually secured to the OEM mounting points? Is there something that goes into "the cup" of our mounts to secure the rack from lateral movement, or is it primarily held in via the metal bar that goes across the mount?

If you consider the OEM cross bars, they not only latch to the little metal bar, but get a lot of lateral stability by sitting in the "cup" (albeit the oem cross bars aren't totally fixed and rigid when mounted...).

I worry that overly relying on the little "bar" that goes across our mounts (not taking advantage of the "cup") will cause trouble down the line.

cavalierkingcharles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Can you share some info on how it's actually secured to the OEM mounting points? Is there something that goes into "the cup" of our mounts to secure the rack from lateral movement, or is it primarily held in via the metal bar that goes across the mount?

If you consider the OEM cross bars, they not only latch to the little metal bar, but get a lot of lateral stability by sitting in the "cup" (albeit the oem cross bars aren't totally fixed and rigid when mounted...).

I worry that overly relying on the little "bar" that goes across our mounts (not taking advantage of the "cup") will cause trouble down the line.
I separately contacted Xtrusion Overland about it, and they linked me this:

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8

Their stuff is extra beefy aluminum. I have no worries based on watching install and how there is no play in the unit whatsoever.

Also, someone asked earlier. I have the 21 length installed on mine. I don't think you want to go any higher to avoid looking too goofy. They have 2.5 extensions I will use for my tent so will see what type of clearance from fin that gives me. Once I get it all setup will send pics.

They also said they will have an option to add another extrusion section on the top bars on rack for clearance as well so rack can remain below truck cab.

Again, great hardworking group excited to bring an awesome option for our trucks. I came across them through a lot of research to find best rack for my Ram. Decided theirs was best option and then found out they were in my city and then got my Rivian shop access unexpectedly. The rest is soon to be history and excited we have this option for our relatively small truck community.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Their stuff is extra beefy aluminum. I have no worries based on watching install and how there is no play in the unit whatsoever.

Also, someone asked earlier. I have the 21 length installed on mine. I don't think you want to go any higher to avoid looking too goofy. They have 2.5 extensions I will use for my tent so will see what type of clearance from fin that gives me. Once I get it all setup will send pics.

They also said they will have an option to add another extrusion section on the top bars on rack for clearance as well so rack can remain below truck cab.

Again, great hardworking group excited to bring an awesome option for our trucks. I came across them through a lot of research to find best rack for my Ram. Decided theirs was best option and then found out they were in my city and then got my Rivian shop access unexpectedly. The rest is soon to be history and excited we have this option for our relatively small truck community.
Can't wait to see how it looks with the tent on there and how much clearance you have over the fin. You're really helping us figure out the right height to order. Thank you!
Sponsored