Sponsored

Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Just got this email update from Xtrusion Overland, yesterday. Looks like they finally have their bed racks ready to go. I’m diggin’ the roof height option. They look great! We‘ll see what shows up on their website, tomorrow.

Xtrusion Overland has finalized its design and is excited to bring their XTR bed racks to the R1T! With innovative attachment methods and bedrail mounts that will not require any modifications to your Rivian, the XTR family of bed racks are a perfect solution for the R1T. Manufactured here in the US, all with aerospace grade components, gives you unparalleled weight to load rating ratios.

Get all the versatility of the original XTR1/3 bed racks and configure it however to suits your needs! Nothing else in the market comes close to this much versatility. Select between the XBRS low height options, or up to a cab height with the XTR1 or XTR3 configuration. All lengths are at 48” from front to back. All accessories and many substructures from the Xtrusion Overland catalog will be compatible including the Modular Molle plates, aXs gates, Side slide outs, Tent Brackets, Hi Lift mounts and many more!

The R1T required us to think outside the box. The R1T version of our bed racks will feature an innovative bed rail mount that attaches a section of aluminum t-slot with rubber on the bottom side to avoid wear on your bedrails. The t-slot rail will attach to the OEM bar clamping system and with a mechanical button to pass through to the gear tunnel switch.

With a completely new Billet CNC machined aluminum bedrail bracket system that will match the premium look and feel that Rivian demands.

Also included is our new Billet CNC machined Side and Top Brace mounting system, to create unparalleled rigidity on the already stout platform that is the XTR bed rack. This will allow you to mount at the distances that makes sense for your build.

Light weight with its ALL ALUMINUM construction with black texture powder coat and black anodized brackets, superior to any sheet metal rack!

Get ready to pre-order Monday January 30th, midnight CST limited to 50 pre-release racks and deliveries starting March 15th . Starting at $1800 for XTR1 (4 uprights, 2 crossbars from 10 to 22” in height) and $900 for XBRS (2 Crossbar Sets from 5” to 8”) and $2500 for XTR3 (6 uprights and 3 crossbars from 10” to 22” in height)

Attached are some renders as samples.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

XTRUSION OVERLAND

View attachment 42329
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland ?hash=687cbb6b9a6b8c6630802819b6039e38
View attachment 42333 View attachment 42328 View attachment 42327 View attachment 42330
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

pklomboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Wow thats a nice deal! Glad to see there are more options out there. Have to see how it fits. Does it block buttons? and how much weight can it hold.

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Wow thats a nice deal! Glad to see there are more options out there. Have to see how it fits. Does it block buttons? and how much weight can it hold.
The t-slot rail will attach to the OEM bar clamping system and with a mechanical button to pass through to the gear tunnel switch.

XtruSn_Al

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Design Engineer
Hey Guys.

I am Alan, one of the co-founders of Xtrusion Overland and we're very excited to bring this platform to the R1T

The bed rack is ready for orders. It can be configured in XTR1 version from 9" to 23" in height from Bed Rail trim to top of crossbar measured vertically. We are in production of the CNC components and looking at deliveries in March.

Configure here

We've been asked about height to match the bars, however, with the rack looking way to tall, we will likely offer also a bar height kit to add to the rack to match the bars while you want to carry cargo that reaches over the roof, and remove when you don't need it. It will be optional for heights 18" through 20".

In my opinion, the ideal height is 18" as it maintains aerodynamic flow.

Let me know if you have any questions on the platform, and I am happy to help!

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Hey Guys.

I am Alan, one of the co-founders of Xtrusion Overland and we're very excited to bring this platform to the R1T

The bed rack is ready for orders. It can be configured in XTR1 version from 9" to 23" in height from Bed Rail trim to top of crossbar measured vertically. We are in production of the CNC components and looking at deliveries in March.

Configure here

We've been asked about height to match the bars, however, with the rack looking way to tall, we will likely offer also a bar height kit to add to the rack to match the bars while you want to carry cargo that reaches over the roof, and remove when you don't need it. It will be optional for heights 18" through 20".

Thanks Alan - just placed an order for the 18" setup. Impressed with the optimum combination of load capacity, lightweight, accessory configurations, and price point. Look forward to getting the rack on my truck! Nice work!

Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey Guys.

Configure here

Alan: what is the horizontal dimension (from cab to taligate) between the vertical uprights on your R1T system? I'm trying to determine optimum molle plates to fit this opening. Can you use the hinged/strut opening system for any size molle panel?

Thanks

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Can you share anything about how you are using the original bed mounts or maybe installation instructions?

XtruSn_Al

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Design Engineer
Alan: what is the horizontal dimension (from cab to taligate) between the vertical uprights on your R1T system? I'm trying to determine optimum molle plates to fit this opening. Can you use the hinged/strut opening system for any size molle panel?

Thanks
The maximum distance currently allowed is 48" as we are leaving the rear buttons uncovered. This will allow you to mount 4 ea molle 16x11 Molle plates per side on a 18" or taller, or 5 ea 12x9 on a 14" or taller. We also have the Tread Molle for anything shorter than 14".

16x11 Molle on 18" tall rack for reference.

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 1675100732919

5 ea 12x9 Molle on 18" rack for reference.
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 1675100784106

5 ea 12x9 Molle on 14" rack for reference.
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 1675101181392

Tread Molle (6x45) on a 10" Rack
Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 1675101523643

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The maximum distance currently allowed is 48" as we are leaving the rear buttons uncovered. This will allow you to mount 4 ea molle 16x11 Molle plates per side on a 18" or taller, or 5 ea 12x9 on a 14" or taller. We also have the Tread Molle for anything shorter than 14".

16x11 Molle on 18" tall rack for reference.

1675100732919.png

5 ea 12x9 Molle on 18" rack for reference.
1675100784106.png

5 ea 12x9 Molle on 14" rack for reference.
1675101181392.png

Tread Molle (6x45) on a 10" Rack
1675101523643.png
these renderings are very helpful - thanks! I assume the forward vertical post and crossbar will clear the Rivian cab "fin" as it exceeds 18" in height?

XtruSn_Al

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Design Engineer
Can you share anything about how you are using the original bed mounts or maybe installation instructions?
Sure, Instructions are still in the works, but the the attachment is using the OEM bar clamping area. We utilize a proprietary CNC machined U-Nut in 6061 Aluminum. Then we attach a 50” T-Slot bar that has pockets and bores machined to match the clamping areas of the Rivian. The t-slot rail also has a bore machined and assembled with a proprietary push button to reach the gear tunnel switch for the front side. The bar ends before the tonneau and tailgate switches on the rear side. We also use rubber pads under the bar to avoid damage to the plastic trim of the bedrail.

The T-Slot bar then serves as the mounting points for the upright feet, which is another proprietary design that allows the bar to be screwed from underneath the feet, and then the feet are attached from the top to the T-Slot bar, allowing for a strong and clean mechanical joint.

This method has been tested and proven very rigid, but final rev. parts which are shown in 3D images below are still in production. Hope this helps!

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 1675101708446

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 1675101729396

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 1675101754580

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland 1675101777491

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sure, Instructions are still in the works, but the the attachment is using the OEM bar clamping area. We utilize a proprietary CNC machined U-Nut in 6061 Aluminum. Then we attach a 50” T-Slot bar that has pockets and bores machined to match the clamping areas of the Rivian. The t-slot rail also has a bore machined and assembled with a proprietary push button to reach the gear tunnel switch for the front side. The bar ends before the tonneau and tailgate switches on the rear side. We also use rubber pads under the bar to avoid damage to the plastic trim of the bedrail.

The T-Slot bar then serves as the mounting points for the upright feet, which is another proprietary design that allows the bar to be screwed from underneath the feet, and then the feet are attached from the top to the T-Slot bar, allowing for a strong and clean mechanical joint.

This method has been tested and proven very rigid, but final rev. parts which are shown in 3D images below are still in production. Hope this helps!

1675101708446.png

1675101729396.png

1675101754580.png

1675101777491.png
Thanks! It looked like you might have been ignoring the rear mount because of where the rack comes out of the bottom track. Glad to see that isn't the case.

XtruSn_Al

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Design Engineer
Thanks! It looked like you might have been ignoring the rear mount because of where the rack comes out of the bottom track. Glad to see that isn't the case.
Yeah, that was tricky to try and get it as far back as possible to get 48" length, and still clear the rear buttons. The machined upright joint bracket has a pocket that allows for the slot to clear the mounting screws. Down side is you have to remove the rack with the mounting feet rather than the track bars on rails. It's just 3 screws per corner though.

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Alan - I would need to mount my RTT that would overhang the roof a bit. I would likely have to just clear the antenna fin. My guess is that would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 23” above the bed rails. I would be happy with a shorter rack (18” or so) that would have some sort of spacer to achieve the necessary height for the tent. Hopefully, it would be easily removable. I could then remove the spacer and tent during the off season, allowing for better aerodynamics. Will such an arrangement be available? Thanks.

agame32

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Alan - I would need to mount my RTT that would overhang the roof a bit. I would likely have to just clear the antenna fin. My guess is that would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 23” above the bed rails. I would be happy with a shorter rack (18” or so) that would have some sort of spacer to achieve the necessary height for the tent. Hopefully, it would be easily removable. I could then remove the spacer and tent during the off season, allowing for better aerodynamics. Will such an arrangement be available? Thanks.
+1 on this exact use case! 🙌🏼
Sponsored