Sponsored

Any leaks around 2024.15 yet?

irfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Has Rivian trimmed the development team? Seems like updates are taking longer and longer. I also get that with more vehicles on the road they have to be more careful. Hope the next one has something I like. 2024.11 was the least useful thus far.
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Has Rivian trimmed the development team? Seems like updates are taking longer and longer. I also get that with more vehicles on the road they have to be more careful. Hope the next one has something I like. 2024.11 was the least useful thus far.
The most recent update had good stuff, with 12 or so updates a year and the software fairly mature it is unrealistic to expect massive improvements each month.

irfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I certainly didn’t say I expected massive improvements. For me, the last update brought no value.

iforbes

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
APRN
Clubs

I certainly didn’t say I expected massive improvements. For me, the last update brought no value.
What no one seems to understand is that they aren’t making updates for YOU, they are making updates for US.
Until this update, they have been very regular at roughly 4 weeks apart.

edit:weeks for months

Last edited:

irfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I’m assuming you meant 4 weeks not 4 months. And that jives with my comment that they are slowing down, hence my comment. What people don’t seem to understand is that I’m not stating I expect them to cater to my individual needs. I’m simply stating their updates did not pertain to me and I wish something more useful came along. Not that I expect custom stuff for me. Please don’t read more into than there really is. It was a very simple straightforward statement.

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

For a relatively new automobile manufacturer, Rivian has this software update routine down very well. I don't think that any other car company matches Rivian in this area. It is really nice when Opal gets an update sitting right in her parking spot at home.

I know that we all sit here on the Forums and bitch and moan about the things that Rivian does and does not do, and on the things that don't go right the first time. This is an exciting time for Rivian and EV's generally, and we are glad to be a part of it. I am a lifelong car guy and am thrilled to have a Rivian at this point in time. To me, this is like having one of the first Ford Model T's in 1908. A whole new world is upon us and the technology is amazing. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am sure enjoying the ride.

Brian

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

I’m assuming you meant 4 weeks not 4 months. And that jives with my comment that they are slowing down, hence my comment. What people don’t seem to understand is that I’m not stating I expect them to cater to my individual needs. I’m simply stating their updates did not pertain to me and I wish something more useful came along. Not that I expect custom stuff for me. Please don’t read more into than there really is. It was a very simple straightforward statement.
Rivian blew it on an update maybe 3-4 ago essentially bricking or close to bricking lots of eager first installers vehicles. It was a fiasco for less than a week, but the damage was done and since updates have been a bit slower with .1 or .2's to add or remove items.

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

All I want is departure charging! Everything else works really well but this is a significant miss for an EV.

Dave Cundiff

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (DM, MaxPack); 2023 and 2019 Bolts
I’m still on 07.03. How is one supposed to get the 11 one?
Call Rivian Service. They can fix glitches like this, where the push has been delayed for weeks.

Normal rollouts seem to take 3-6 calendar days to reach everyone, not weeks....

Sponsored

beyondgravity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

For me last update for the back screen was awesome. I don’t have to deal with the next song crowd. If you don’t like it, you do it in your own. I don’t have to argue anymore. Life is peaceful

wolfsbane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Yukon Denali, Canyon SLT
Call Rivian Service. They can fix glitches like this, where the push has been delayed for weeks.

Normal rollouts seem to take 3-6 calendar days to reach everyone, not weeks....
Hmmm. If one weren’t perusing forums like this or Reddit, how would one ever even know there was a software update three weeks ago that was never sent to their vehicle? :movember:

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
I could really use a button to manually start "Battery Pre-conditioning" as I head to yet another SC not on the Rivian Sat Nav screen :cool:

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

So you really didn't care about Tesla SC integration? That had to have been a huge amount of work to get going.

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
So you really didn't care about Tesla SC integration? That had to have been a huge amount of work to get going.
Onviously not as he has specific needs that Rivian in this latest update didn’t satisfy and hence it was a “useless”’ update of no value.
Sponsored