First Name
Rhonda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Anyone know about an upcoming update of the navigation map? Looking at the satellite picture it’s obviously more than 3 years old based upon current builds, etc.
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Anyone know about an upcoming update of the navigation map? Looking at the satellite picture it’s obviously more than 3 years old based upon current builds, etc.
Mine were just updated two updates ago.

srkz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Maps (in general) actually update regularly in the background, separate from the OTA updates. I've made changes to the shape of buildings that my company owns as well as turn restrictions at intersections in OSM and seen the changes come through in my R1T after 1-3 weeks separate from any OTA update. I've also seen massive amounts of data being downloaded by the truck just sitting in my garage separate from any OTA, so I assume map updates are mostly what it's doing with all that data in its spare time.

Satellite images necessarily update a bit slower than the streets and buildings layer because there are licensing fees to pay for satellite imaging and also just a huge amount of data to process. I suspect they're continually updating as well, it just takes a long time to refresh images of everywhere on planet earth and send them to your vehicle.

Tr4ckD4ys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

Any update on general coming any time soon? Feels like they’re skipping 2024.15.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Maps are continuously updated by the truck following updates by mapbox.
Sponsored