First Name
Carlitos way
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7,A3, Macan GTS
Occupation
Mouth Janitor
So, not a day goes by without any new issues being reported. I do feel concerned when people are having to pay for independent shops to help them fix issues on their $90K brand new truck..... :oops:
Sponsored

OP
OP

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Rivian finally fixed my alignment after my last service appointment. So it is possible.
I was so happy it wasn't pulling to the right like a freight train I didn't pay enough attention to the wheel being centered.......only on my drive home did I notice it.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I was so happy it wasn't pulling to the right like a freight train I didn't pay enough attention to the wheel being centered.......only on my drive home did I notice it.
I think since Rivian doesn't have a steering column lock system, it isn't easy for them to keep it centered. Maybe their alignment program needs to try to keep the steering centered during the whole process.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
My alignment was off, and my steering wheel was off center about 15° to the left. They fixed it the first week I got it back in May.

Sponsored

Teddy184

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
retired
I was glad to find this thread. I thought maybe my problem was unusual. I didn't notice a pull to the right at first but I do now. It's not major but given what replacement tires cost I want to address it. Did the service center rotate anyone's tires along with an alignment.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Not good for their reputation.
Or for customer retention when there aren’t many service centers. These aren’t mobile service items. So how many days off are you willing to take, and hours of round trips before you’ve had enough?

As for alignment, I had the same issue. My car eventually threw its hands up and agreed with me.

Rivian R1T R1S Alignment woes D0736AC2-6C95-4E99-B6BC-DE7A3EAB3480

I had no idea the truck had the ability to detect this.

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
I was glad to find this thread. I thought maybe my problem was unusual. I didn't notice a pull to the right at first but I do now. It's not major but given what replacement tires cost I want to address it. Did the service center rotate anyone's tires along with an alignment.

I had mine rotated at the ATL service center, when I took it in about alignment. My truck now has about 13k miles on it. The 2 guys that worked on mine talked with me for a while. They said my tires are wearing perfectly. The alignment is also perfect. He said he believes the slight right pull that I get is an issue with that will be fixed with a software update. And I did notice that since the last update a couple of weeks ago it is better than it was.

FWIW, mine also is where my steering wheel is slightly down to the left. And if I am on driver+ on the interstate going over 80 mph I get a very small amount of shaking of the steering wheel. But they have assured me that none of this is mechanical. It's going to require software fixes. And to be clear its not a big deal to me at all. Not perfect and I want it perfect. But...

....I see a some comments on these boards where folks read about these issues and are like "wow man the problems are mounting up." "This is bad." etc. But TBH this stuff is all very minute. My truck drives FAR BETTER than any vehicle I have ever driven. It's a fun truck to drive. We had to take my wife's suv on a road trip to see family over Christmas. I was really dreading not being in the rivian instead. Being able to use Driver+ on the interstate, you simply aren't so tired and stressed when you arrive at your destination as you are with other vehicles. Seats are amazing comfortable, stereo is far better, etc.

Anyway I just wanted to add that in there. Yeah it's a little frustrating that it pulls a little bit. But this is only noticeable when you are going under 40 mph. After that the lane keep assist does its work and I never even think about it. But yes, they also need to get it figured out and fixed too.

Teddy184

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
Occupation
retired
After seeing the comments you posted from the ATL service center guys about a software fix I called customer service. I have an appointment scheduled for January 3rd but Chelsea is a two hour drive so if a software fix is coming I would cancel. The customer service person I spoke to indicated that she was not aware of any software fix. That said, I also can't connect to Alexa and she said she hadn't heard of that issue either but the tech that came out to check the bolt for the recall told me that he had other customers who experienced the Alexa problem. Just wondering how informed Customer Service is regarding all issues. Does a look up database exist.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Or for customer retention when there aren’t many service centers. These aren’t mobile service items. So how many days off are you willing to take, and hours of round trips before you’ve had enough?

As for alignment, I had the same issue. My car eventually threw its hands up and agreed with me.

D0736AC2-6C95-4E99-B6BC-DE7A3EAB3480.jpeg

I had no idea the truck had the ability to detect this.
I had this warning everytime I tried driver+ since delivery. The .47 update seemed to fix it and driver+ works now. Alignment still pulls right mainly under 40 mph and in all purpose. Steering wheel still about 4 degrees left. Hoping to get fixed at SC in couple of weeks. Been waiting on that appointment for almost 3 mos

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

That, or Rivian may choose to resell it, or send to auction for a profit. As soon as the trade is done, I'll post the VIN for transparency.

I'm also searching for those alignment specs as well; good to have on hand.
Thank you for posting the VIN so I don't accidentally order the truck via the R1 Shop!

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Vin15xxx. Definitely have alignment issues among 10 or 11 other things. Took delivery early December. Have an appt coming up January 14 so we’ll see what they say.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I’m not a suspension expert at all so if this is stupid just let me know. What if the left/right adjustment is maxed out so they need to factor in a little wheel cant to make up for not having enough adjustment?

If this is the case your frame is probably out of square. Usually when dealing with something being out of square this much the frame is the issue. It would also explain why adjustments cannot fix it. Now more experienced alignment shops probably know some compensation tricks Rivian might not know yet but having a small percentage of trucks experiencing this issue leads me to believe something wasn’t made square on these vehicles.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I believe in the beginning Tesla was also very good about making things right. Clearly they have gone the complete opposite direction now.

I wouldn't bank on Rivian maintaining this level of support either TBH. It's just the nature of the game. They have so few vehicles out there that they can and need to offer this kind of support. I hope I'm wrong but if Rivian really ramps up and delivers hundreds of thousands of vehicles, it's only a matter of time before their service starts slipping.
You’re right their service will go down as they get more vehicles. They won’t be able to keep up at the rate they are doing. The hope is that while they increase quantity they also figure out all the areas where their design has quirks or their manufacturing process needs refinement.

If they can do this fast enough their percentage of service required vehicles will go down sharply. If this happens customers might not even feel a drop in service quality.

ThePineappleWins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
My R1T is the biggest vehicle I have had and the most aggressive wheels, 20 ATs. I’m trying to determine if my truck has this issue. On most roads it’s pulling to the right. I seem to mostly have to drive with the wheel turned a little bit to the left. However what is throwing me off is it doesn’t always seem to do it. I only have a little over 300 miles on it and only owned it for a little less than 3 weeks, so I don’t have a lot of data points yet. I want to get this addressed sooner than later if it is an issue. How can I determine if its alignment or aggressive tires with the road curve? I have tried driving on both sides of the road. I have seen it act normally and also on a rare occasion pull to the left on the opposite side of the road. This does make me think it’s just the tires. However when it is pulling, it is pulling a lot. It would only take about 2 seconds at a slow speed to pull off the road if not corrected. This seems like a lot even if it is the tires and road crown causing it.
Sponsored