SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

After 3.5 years of waiting, Alex finally gets his R1T.

No line cutting. No special discounts. No bias. Incredibly thorough, yet somehow less than 16 minutes long.

Takeaway: Minor gripes about not having enough physical buttons, but overall extremely impressed. Makes the case for differentiating the Luxury R1T from the F-150 lightning. The R1T as a midsize luxury EV Truck stands in a class of its own.

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management

No line cutting. No special discounts. No bias. Incredibly thorough, yet somehow less than 16 minutes long.

Takeaway: Minor gripes about not having enough physical buttons, but overall extremely impressed. Makes the case for differentiating the Luxury R1T from the F-150 lightning. The R1T as a midsize luxury EV Truck stands in a class of its own.

I have a lot of respect for Alex. He is very data driven and no BS reviewer

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

What am I doing 'wrong' with my R1T Driver's Assist setup... it always prompts me to keep a hand on the steering wheel. Alex makes a point about it having a GM Supercruise like handsfree functionality. Perhaps he's speaking in terms of onboard sensors capability and FUTURE functionality. Otherwise I'm most definitely doing it wrong!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
What am I doing 'wrong' with my R1T Driver's Assist setup... it always prompts me to keep a hand on the steering wheel. Alex makes a point about it having a GM Supercruise like handsfree functionality. Perhaps he's speaking in terms of onboard sensors capability and FUTURE functionality. Otherwise I'm most definitely doing it wrong!
My understanding is the hardware is there but not yet implemented. The web site says it is hands free, I am sure it will be available via an OTA at some point.

Rivian_Hugh_III

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Infiniti EX35

He makes a mistake saying there’s no wireless charger under the pad.

On another note, his video makes the 21’s with the inserts actually look cool. I’ve always detested them. Not sure what about this video performs the magic. Maybe it’s the Forest Green?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SASSquatch

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

On another note, his video makes the 21’s with the inserts actually look cool. I’ve always detested them. Not sure what about this video performs the magic. Maybe it’s the Forest Green?
I was thinking the same thing. I think you hit the nail on the head about Forest Green.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s

wasn’t a fan either, till i saw them on forest green, it’s nice they are easy to remove.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
lol i have felt like im the only one who prefers the wheels actually with aero inserts and i've always had my truck configured as FG so makes sense!

ranieri

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T8
Occupation
photographer, real estate agent
After seeing the 21" wheels here and in a few other places, I switched my configuration from the 20s to the 21s for my R1S. The 20s look better imo, but the range hit and the simple fact that this is going to be a family car vastly more than the occasional off-road drive on the beach or some dirt or rocky roads, makes it only logical to get the 21s. Even with the free upgrade the launch edition affords me, I think the 21s are the smarter choice for me. It pains me to switch, because I really like the 20s.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
After seeing the 21" wheels here and in a few other places, I switched my configuration from the 20s to the 21s for my R1S. The 20s look better imo, but the range hit and the simple fact that this is going to be a family car vastly more than the occasional off-road drive on the beach or some dirt or rocky roads, makes it only logical to get the 21s. Even with the free upgrade the launch edition affords me, I think the 21s are the smarter choice for me. It pains me to switch, because I really like the 20s.
Honestly. If you’re LE I’d take the free 20’s and do a swap+cash. I’m sure plenty of people with 21’s would be up for a swap + throw some cash your way.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Alex got 338 miles in his range test on the 21s. That's uh... pretty incredible.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Alex got 338 miles in his range test on the 21s. That's uh... pretty incredible.

I'm sitting here thinking for the thousandth time... I don't really need the ATs. I want them sure but I don't really need them. But I also probably won't ever want to drive more than 230 or so miles without a stop since that's what I currently get in my vehicle. Am I really going to care about the extra 35 miles or so, especially considering I'd only do a long enough drive to feel it a couple times a quarter?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm sitting here thinking for the thousandth time... I don't really need the ATs. I want them sure but I don't really need them. But I also probably won't ever want to drive more than 230 or so miles without a stop since that's what I currently get in my vehicle. Am I really going to care about the extra 35 miles or so, especially considering I'd only do a long enough drive to feel it a couple times a quarter?
Keep in mind you don’t typically want to charge to 100% and you never want to run down to 0%…. So really you want to stay in the 30-70% range, daily, and maybe on a trip you go from 10-15% up to 70-85%. So with ATs you get about 190 of “ideal condition” range in that zone. Add in an incline, headwind, or any weather and it’ll do down a little. The 21’s would get you pretty much the 230 of ‘meat’.

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Get the 20s. You won't regret it and you'll be happy you did it everytime you look at your vehicle. The 20s look so much better and in proportion in my opinion. I have no need to all terrain tires, but went with them because I think they look so good. That may seem ridiculous, but they kind of complete the look for me and I'd be so disappointed without them. They also provide a comfortable ride and surprisingly quiet.
Sponsored