Sponsored

One week in - stuff that's surprised me

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I received my DM-LP 24 R1S this past Monday and have been thinking a lot on first impressions. I'd thank everyone here for all the detailed reviews and thought I would provide my perspectives as someone who fell in love with the R1S in concept but is absolutely not a car guy or outdoorsy, and is coming from a Y - so here are some things that I've liked that I don't remember people really talking about:

- It's super easy to drive. Coming from the crazy amount of stuff going on on my Y's screen I have found everything very straightforward. I have seen all kinds of detailed takes here on different stats you can find and settings but at least for my DM set up the modes (there are only 3) were self evident with clear use cases and the layout of everything is super clean and simple.

- The windshield wipers work. And bring able to control them easily from the stalk is great.

- I'm terrified of hitting something while parking after reading all the threads on the cost of body work and so far the 360 overhead has been great. Our rims on the Y have all kinds of rash and the overhead view is really practical. (Similarly the blind spot protection is so welcome).

- I really like the carabineer fob. Feels and looks great and honestly , I don't want to grab my phone all the time for opening the frunk.

- I read so much about the charger not working, but my Pixel has been charging pretty consistently (knock on Ocean Coast).

- Lastly, the experience picking up the car was by far the best I've had doing so. My wife and I enjoyed it and spent like 2 hrs at the SC. People being nice helps.

This stuff is all probably obvious, but just wanted to say for anyone potentially intimidated by the Rivian, I've found it very friendly.

Hoping everyone is enjoying theirs!
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Oh Yeah!

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I received my DM-LP 24 R1S this past Monday and have been thinking a lot on first impressions. I'd thank everyone here for all the detailed reviews and thought I would provide my perspectives as someone who fell in love with the R1S in concept but is absolutely not a car guy or outdoorsy, and is coming from a Y - so here are some things that I've liked that I don't remember people really talking about:

- It's super easy to drive. Coming from the crazy amount of stuff going on on my Y's screen I have found everything very straightforward. I have seen all kinds of detailed takes here on different stats you can find and settings but at least for my DM set up the modes (there are only 3) were self evident with clear use cases and the layout of everything is super clean and simple.

- The windshield wipers work. And bring able to control them easily from the stalk is great.

- I'm terrified of hitting something while parking after reading all the threads on the cost of body work and so far the 360 overhead has been great. Our rims on the Y have all kinds of rash and the overhead view is really practical. (Similarly the blind spot protection is so welcome).

- I really like the carabineer fob. Feels and looks great and honestly , I don't want to grab my phone all the time for opening the frunk.

- I read so much about the charger not working, but my Pixel has been charging pretty consistently (knock on Ocean Coast).

- Lastly, the experience picking up the car was by far the best I've had doing so. My wife and I enjoyed it and spent like 2 hrs at the SC. People being nice helps.

This stuff is all probably obvious, but just wanted to say for anyone potentially intimidated by the Rivian, I've found it very friendly.

Excellent initial review! Welcome to the club!

Sponsored

LindaC

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota MR2 Spyder, Jeep Commander, R1S on order
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

I've had mine (R1S-QM-Glacier-OC/dark ash) for about 30 days and absolutely LOVE it. Most I have previously spent on a vehicle, and waiting for over 2 yrs, I was afraid I would be disappointed, quite to the contrary...it's perfect for me! My other vehicles a 2000 MR2 (still have and love it) and a 2010 Jeep Commander (also a great heavy vehicle with huge hemi)...maybe part of the enjoyment is finally moving into the current century with safety features and such, and moving to EV, but love the silent power and everything about it. I also had a great experience with SC (Miami).

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Opal is our first EV. We are almost a year in and she is great! Best wishes with yours.

Nrian

Twitter Fingers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I also got a 24 DM LP R1S last month, and I also have a Pixel (8 pro). The wireless charger works great and charges my phone very fast.

Egen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner

FYI, there is a physical button above the front bumper for opening the frunk

Sponsored

OP
OP

ryunited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
I also got a 24 DM LP R1S last month, and I also have a Pixel (8 pro). The wireless charger works great and charges my phone very fast.
I'm on a Pixel 6 and my wife has a 7 both charge fine. Maybe the issue Apple related or simply resolved?

Kacey3

First Name
Kacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Launch Edition; MotoGuzzi V7II
Occupation
IT Support Manager
Clubs

FYI, there is a physical button above the front bumper for opening the frunk
This is the only way that I ever open the frunk. Anything else is more time consuming.
Sponsored