OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
That is not correct. There's at least one offer of $10K from last week. Not sure if he found a seller yet.
That was $10k for a truck if he could take delivery of it in 2021. Which clearly is not going to happen.
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I agree this is all (mostly) speculative talk until real people (non-employees) start taking deliveries in early 2022. I do believe however there will be a big appetite from wealthy impatient people who want the "newest Tesla thing" on the block. I'm sticking with my gut that getting $20-25k for buy-out to change a L.E. reservation holder info or reselling in open marketplace near or over $100k will be happening in droves during the first 3 quarters of next year.

The motivation in the "bidder community" should be stronger towards paying up to switch-out the L.E. reservation holder info so they can be first registered owner and enjoy whatever tax incentives emerge next year. Otherwise the (forum) buyer is paying the upfront sales tax & registration fees, basically negating the tax credit they'll enjoy once 2022 tax season arrives. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd rather negotiate a reservation buy-out transfer than pay upwards of $100k to purchase a registered used vehicle with no tax credits.

Last edited:

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
That was $10k for a truck if he could take delivery of it in 2021. Which clearly is not going to happen.
Also completely untrue. I'll quote the only two posts from the member, in their entirety for you:

Post #1 in its entirety:
Hi i'm looking to pickup a launch edition as early as possible and willing to pay for it.. the earlier the more i'm willing to pay.

if anyone is interested lets work something out.

either reply to this thread or direct message me.

you can also email me at

[email protected]

Thanks

Greg
Post #2 in its entirety:
i'll move the bid to 10k to start..
Also please show me where you made the caveat that your statement was only applicable to deliveries beyond 2021, not that it matters due to the point made above.

Any sales that have taken place have been $5k or less, and we haven't seen a single offer over $5k.
You can try and change the facts to fit your narrative, but expect to be called out on it.

CL16

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc90
You also need to consider the motivation behind the transfer. Most of you still want and plan to take your order which is why you have these higher numbers in mind. Most of the action for transfers are people who’s situation has changed within the last three years that they’ve been waiting. They either have multiple reservations or may not be able to/want to take delivery for whatever reason. You still have to pay for the thing at the end of the day and if you don’t want to/can’t, $5k-$10k for the reservation is a win win for both parties.

SonsofOdin

Banned
First Name
Odin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
march-april delivery for launch edition r1t, haven't gotten any bites at 30k, lowering to 15k.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
You also need to consider the motivation behind the transfer. Most of you still want and plan to take your order which is why you have these higher numbers in mind. Most of the action for transfers are people who’s situation has changed within the last three years that they’ve been waiting. They either have multiple reservations or may not be able to/want to take delivery for whatever reason. You still have to pay for the thing at the end of the day and if you don’t want to/can’t, $5k-$10k for the reservation is a win win for both parties.
This is key. Personally most of the people I've interacted with on here have reservations already, but if they're looking for a LE, it's really to only to get access to launch green or move up their delivery date slightly. For those people that value generally isn't significant, and they're best paired with people who are frustrated by Rivian for whatever reason (for example, they need a new truck before July).

Someone else hit on this, but there's also a question of trust on both parties. Particularly with users popping up looking to sell for a large value but haven't established a relationship with people on here. I'd be more likely to send say.... SevenGroove funds given his post history than someone I'm totally unfamiliar with. Plus, I could always track them down in Seattle. :D

Last edited:

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
march-april delivery for launch edition r1t, haven't gotten any bites at 30k, lowering to 15k.
You're not going to get a bite from me for anywhere near that, but I am originally from Idaho. With the delivery window poll I was to see there are (were?) a few Idaho R1T reservations and they weren't pushed back as if you live in Hawaii. I really hope someone (the State?) gets some DCFC up the to the middle of the State to open up highway 95 and McCall.

OP
OP
toade

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Also completely untrue. I'll quote the only two posts from the member, in their entirety for you:

Post #1 in its entirety:

Post #2 in its entirety:

Also please show me where you made the caveat that your statement was only applicable to deliveries beyond 2021, not that it matters due to the point made above.

You can try and change the facts to fit your narrative, but expect to be called out on it.

I didn't realize there was another thread. Not convinced that person is really willing to pay $10k, as I know multiple people that would be willing to sell at less than that price. He joined that day, and hasn't posted since that day.

I was quoting the post in this thread earlier this month:

"I'd be willing to pay $10,000 for a reservation only if the sale with Rivian could be made before the end of 2021 (actual delivery doesn't matter but I know Rivian won't do the sale until the truck is ready). Let me know if any of you are actually scheduled to be closing before Dec 31, 2021."

Not trying to change any narrative, I have an LE reservation, so the more they are worth, the better for me... I just think the market is much closer to $5k, as I had offers from three sellers for $5k or less, and I don't see many/any bids for more than that.

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

I am willing to purchase someone’s LE reservation for $5k or more. I have a May 2021 reservation that I’d even offer as trade in the deal. Please PM me if you’re interested and we can talk

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
I am willing to purchase someone’s LE reservation for $5k or more. I have a May 2021 reservation that I’d even offer as trade in the deal. Please PM me if you’re interested and we can talk

I'll beat whatever this guy offers ?

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I am not someone who buys cars to flip. I pre-ordered my R1T for me to drive.

BUT - I know a lot of people in Los Angeles that will pay way over sticker to get an early Rivian.

My suggestion would be to receive your LE, drive it and see if you love it. If you don't, you can always sell it and you won't lose money. In fact, you'll probably make money. But it seems silly to make a deal ahead of time.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Someone else hit on this, but there's also a question of trust on both parties. Particularly with users popping up looking to sell for a large value but haven't established a relationship with people on here. I'd be more likely to send say.... SevenGroove funds given his post history than someone I'm totally unfamiliar with. Plus, I could always track them down in Seattle. :D

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK
My suggestion would be to receive your LE, drive it and see if you love it. If you don't, you can always sell it and you won't lose money. In fact, you'll probably make money. But it seems silly to make a deal ahead of time.
Makes sense and I might just do that. I'm sitting on an early reservation (#1533) and I'm wondering if I'm going to be able to see/touch/drive the R1T before having to decide to buy? I'm sure it is going to be great, but as it is now it doesn't check all the boxes for me.

Alternatively, it'd be hard to turn down a big fat wad of cash to transfer the reservation. I As it sits now, there's plenty of uncertainties around whether it is a long-term truck that I'll hold on to and perhaps I should wait until something that checks all the boxes for me comes along.

First-world problems, right? How fortunate we are to have to even wrestle with such matters.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
It appears I may finally be getting a Rivian, before my other reservations. I am an early reservationist for both the Ford F-150 Lightning (within the first hour) and Cadillac Lyriq (10-15 minutes) Launch debut editions. More than likely, I'll be getting my deposits back on both.

However, If anyone is interested in either, I am open for discussion. It all has to be legal and ethical. Instead of me requesting my deposit back, it's an opportunity for someone to have early access to an electric vehicle. I didn't make these reservations to profit, but as a backup plan if I couldn't get the Rivian first. That said, it won't be free, but it will be more than reasonable. You can private message (conversation) here if interested.
Last chance for anyone that may want a first production Cadillac Lyriq Debut Edition. You can PM here if interested. The Ford Lightning spot was taken by a family member.

I received notice today that I would need to finalize my Cadillac Lyriq Debut Edition by the end of the day, Dec. 17th, or lose it. From my understanding, reservations were sold out in under 20 minutes and there won't be that many in production.

Rivian R1T R1S Looking to purchase your Launch Edition Cadillac Reservation-

SoCol

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE
Occupation
Operations
I'm in the same boat with my R1S-LE - Socal delivery - April-May. Anyone interested DM me if you want to talk it through

Very excited about the truck, but still in a place where 25k+ may be more exciting...

Going to my first drive event in an R1T today!! Anyone wanting to throw their hat in the ring and make an offer on my R1S LE April-May delivery reservation before I look/touch/feel the thing and that experience goes into my calculus - DM me!

PS @atR1S @endress14 - delivery window trades do have value in the equation ?
Sponsored

Reactions: Rad